What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rumor

Sorry, I've got nothing. Just thought people would be interested to know that a fairly prominent friend of a friend told me that people aren't actually talking about the guy that will in all likelihood end up with the job. That's it.

Of course. After saying that they are going to do a through search we find out that within three days they are already negotiating a contract with someone. Due diligence my ass!!! I am getting the bad feeling that CU football will be relegated to suckitude for another five years. Bohn is really getting close to me starting a 'fire Bohn' website........we will see.

Stanford O/C David Shaw perhaps? I would be good with that one.

Is Stanford in the Pac12 North division? Or South? I could see him taking the job as he wouldn't have to play against Stanford every year, if the Buffs/Cardinal are in different divisions.

Shaw would have been on the Stanford team that beat the Buffs in 1993.

Last edited:
Is Stanford in the Pac12 North division? Or South? I could see him taking the job as he wouldn't have to play against Stanford every year, if the Buffs/Cardinal are in different divisions.
[strike]south[strike]

I mean North - brain fart - with Cal, Ore., Ore. St., UW, WSU

Last edited:
this is ****ing disappointing. the reason nobody is talking about some candidates is because they suck. that's why noone is mentioning them, we don't want them. who are we getting? tim brewster? kent riddle?

Of course. After saying that they are going to do a through search we find out that within three days they are already negotiating a contract with someone. Due diligence my ass!!! I am getting the bad feeling that CU football will be relegated to suckitude for another five years. Bohn is really getting close to me starting a 'fire Bohn' website........we will see.

+1 I would be very upset if it is one Mike Bohn's narrow-blinders hires.

this is ****ing disappointing. the reason nobody is talking about some candidates is because they suck. that's why noone is mentioning them, we don't want them. who are we getting? tim brewster? kent riddle?

Linda Lovelace?

Could be Brady Hoke. True, the name has popped up a couple times, but he's not been mentioned with the core group of guys considered to be the leading candidates.

"I just want you to know, that no bastard ever won a football game by jumping offsides for his team.
He won it....by making the other poor dumb bastard jump offsides for his team."

IF this rumor is correct I would say Pat Fitzgerald from NW.

Interesting. Very interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Fitzgerald

After graduation, Fitzgerald briefly played with the Dallas Cowboys, but decided that coaching was his calling. He joined the coaching staff at the University of Maryland in 1998, then moved on to Colorado under his former Northwestern coach, Gary Barnett. He took a job at the University of Idaho before returning to Northwestern, where he served as linebackers coach and recruiting coordinator until his promotion to head coach.
Fitzgerald has been named to the AFCA's Ethics Committee. He begins his term in the fall of 2009

Like the recruiting aspect, and you know CU admin likes the ethics aspect.

2006 Northwestern 4–8 2–6 T–8th
2007 Northwestern 6–6 3–5 T–7th
2008 Northwestern 9–4 5–3 T–4th L Alamo
2009 Northwestern 8–5 5–3 T–4th L Outback
2010 Northwestern 6–3 2–3
Decent, not great record. Needs a good OC. But he hires good OC's.

However, has colo ties. Didn't know that
2001–2005
2006–present Maryland (LB)
Colorado (LB)
Idaho (LB)
Northwestern (LB)
Northwestern

Could be Brady Hoke. True, the name has popped up a couple times, but he's not been mentioned with the core group of guys considered to be the leading candidates.

MB was on radio in SD. The 411 is he said no dice on BH as HC at CU, IIRC. MB could be trying to keep it in the QT, SIAP.

I saw David Gibbs name mentioned somewhere but not as a rumored prospect but by a fan who thought he should be interviewed. But I think I remember hearing back when Hawk was hired that David Gibbs didn't want to recruit.

As long as we're throwing names against the wall.

Tony D'Amato

091019anygiven450.jpg

I saw David Gibbs name mentioned somewhere but not as a rumored prospect but by a fan who thought he should be interviewed. But I think I remember hearing back when Hawk was hired that David Gibbs didn't want to recruit.

As long as we're throwing names against the wall.

David Gibbs will never be a HC.

Patterson turned down over $2MM/year to be coach of Minnesota when Brewster was hired. I doubt he would change his mind now with TCU excelling.

And he's making $2.5mm at TCU. Sad as it may be, CU can't afford Patterson.

Back