What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rumors about other possible issues at PSU....

I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason Sandusky was treated so lightly by the program is that there were things he knew about that PSU didn't want exposed.

I wouldn't have dreamed about typing that sentence a week ago, but nothing would surprise about that cesspool at this point.

Yep. Yesterday, their student paper had a small article that discussions with their friends on-staff at the Second Mile had been asked by the FBI about missing boys in recent years. Today, it's pimp-time. "Cesspool" is your nicest possible adjective.

At what point does this hit NCAA jurisdiction? If they're pimping children out to donors, would the NCAA be in position to leverage 'sanctions'?

I think they're saying boys may have been pimped out to Second Mile donors, not PSU athletics donors.

It was definitely a dick tease post.

Possible hilarious awesomeness?

No, never mind.

pedstate.jpg

The more that comes out, the worse this gets. At first, it was kind of funny, because it all happened someplace else. Then, as the details started leaking out, it wasn't funny anymore. It was tragic. But it was still isolated at one school. Now, I'm beginning to think that this casts a shadow over all of collegiate sports. Football camps, coaches foundations, etc. This has the makings of a catastrophic chain of events.

Sack, I'm sort of afraid that NOT exposing it and their brethren sickos would be the bigger tragedy. Matt Millen was exclaiming, "It's man's humanity to man that I can't understand." He's on the Second Mile board. I hope he's being genuine. A week ago, hundreds of thousands of folks would have said the best things about Sandusky, too. Except a few mom's who knew, and whatever victims have survived. For those that haven't - I pray they're always in a much better place.

Sack, I'm sort of afraid that NOT exposing it and their brethren sickos would be the bigger tragedy. Matt Millen was exclaiming, "It's man's humanity to man that I can't understand." He's on the Second Mile board. I hope he's being genuine. A week ago, hundreds of thousands of folks would have said the best things about Sandusky, too. Except a few mom's who knew, and whatever victims have survived. For those that haven't - I pray they're always in a much better place.

Millen is on the honorary board, not the the actual board of directors. I'm not sure how much he's involved in this.

Its interesting that Paterno's name isn't on the site anymore.

The more that comes out, the worse this gets. At first, it was kind of funny, because it all happened someplace else. Then, as the details started leaking out, it wasn't funny anymore. It was tragic. But it was still isolated at one school. Now, I'm beginning to think that this casts a shadow over all of collegiate sports. Football camps, coaches foundations, etc. This has the makings of a catastrophic chain of events.

^^This^^

Unfortunately this could end up scaring universities, coaching staffs, and others away from holding football camps and all the other outreach that is currently a part of the college football world.

For a lot of kids out there these activities are what keep them going and focused. To remove the summer activities could mean significant numbers of kids out on the streets instead of involved in productive, structured activities that help them to focus on continuing their educations and developing as people. How many of these kids will end up dropping out of school, getting involved in gang activity, or other negative consequences. How many will not aspire to go on to higher education settling for a lifetime of lower economic attainment and ambitions.

When you look at the impacts of this one disgusting sick individual and those who enabled him to continue the damage is immense and continues to expand. For those who think that JoePa and Co. should be allowed to ride off into the sunset, a look at the consequences of their actions should dispell those thoughts.

OK, since you're the second person who hasn't picked up on the meaning of what I said, I'll make it more clear:

When I first heard this story, it was something like "former PSU DC caught having gay sex in shower". That was all I heard. I didn't know there were kids involved. I didn't realize the extent of what was going on. To me, having a DC at PSU getting caught in a shower having gay sex is kind of funny. Better there than here, right? After I found out a little more, I realized it was much, much worse than that, and it wasn't funny any longer.

Better?

OK, since you're the second person who hasn't picked up on the meaning of what I said, I'll make it more clear:

When I first heard this story, it was something like "former PSU DC caught having gay sex in shower". That was all I heard. I didn't know there were kids involved. I didn't realize the extent of what was going on. To me, having a DC at PSU getting caught in a shower having gay sex is kind of funny. Better there than here, right? After I found out a little more, I realized it was much, much worse than that, and it wasn't funny any longer.

Better?
No, drop and give me twenty...

I hope that's not the case, but I can easily see schools not wanting to deal with the liability issues of allowing kids on campus.

Millen was discussing this on TV on Tuesday and the situation at Penn State. He was asked about his kids and grandkids. He started to answer then you could see that he was thinking this over at the time in relation to his family members. He was visibly shaken, unable to speak for a moment, overcome with emotion, and looked as if he was about to get sick right on TV.

Millen is as loyal to PSU as anyone could ever be, it is deep in his heart and he is a man who is loyal to a fault. Arguably his loyalty to certain individuals had a great deal to do with his failures as a coach/GM in the NFL. To see his reaction to Sandusky after this exchange shows exactly how revolting this situation is and how completely inexcusable it was to allow it to continue.

Shouldn't we have, at least a little, empathy for PSU fans? Nah.
A little story, I was in a bar in Ft. Lauderdale on 12/31/89, getting ready for the O Bowl the next evening. A douchebag Perv St. fan asked me if I was a CU fan, to which I replied yes. He said, "you won't win tomorrow, I am from Penn St. I know good FB". I have little sympathy for their fans...

I hope that's not the case, but I can easily see schools not wanting to deal with the liability issues of allowing kids on campus.

The liability is part of it. The other part is to think about what this is going to do to PSU with their donors, how many big money (or even little money) donors are going to withhold their donations not wanting to be associated with the name of the school. How many ticket buyers will forgo their ticket purchases for athletics, how many businesses will decide not to involve themselves in internship programs, shared research programs etc. Schools just may not want to put all this at risk after watching the nightmare that PSU is going through right now.

MTN, yes. Millen certainly appeared 100% genuine in the impact on him, emotionally. My now-caution, however, is because so many would have said exactly the same about Sandusky 7 days ago. And they've said that for years and decades. So, I'm a little cautious. HOPEFUL, yes.

Millen was 'nominated' as the new PSU Prez among talk-shows simply on the strength of his TV appearance. I don't know if he has the moxey or ability, but I gotta think he's try his very best and something tells me he's not a personality that leaves some stones unturned.

Tom Bradley seems to be a genuine guy. It's too bad that the whole AD will be gutted and he will be gone. Tixs went from premium to pennies for the nubs game. I hope the fans will show up and support the players. Then let it all implode.

The liability is part of it. The other part is to think about what this is going to do to PSU with their donors, how many big money (or even little money) donors are going to withhold their donations not wanting to be associated with the name of the school. How many ticket buyers will forgo their ticket purchases for athletics, how many businesses will decide not to involve themselves in internship programs, shared research programs etc. Schools just may not want to put all this at risk after watching the nightmare that PSU is going through right now.

I probably wouldn't want to see stadium advertising for my company on tv or in the game program this Saturday. I'd be doing everything I could to pull it. Then, I'd quietly donate the amount I would have spent to a child abuse cause.

MTN, yes. Millen certainly appeared 100% genuine in the impact on him, emotionally. My now-caution, however, is because so many would have said exactly the same about Sandusky 7 days ago. And they've said that for years and decades. So, I'm a little cautious. HOPEFUL, yes.

Millen was 'nominated' as the new PSU Prez among talk-shows simply on the strength of his TV appearance. I don't know if he has the moxey or ability, but I gotta think he's try his very best and something tells me he's not a personality that leaves some stones unturned.

I think he was sincerely upset for all the right reasons. I hope so. I don't trust anyone involved with Penn State and Second Mile at the moment.

There are some huge names related to PSU on Second Mile's honorary board, whether they wanted to be or not. I think the next revelation will lead to Second Mile and I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with them.

Back