What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rumors about other possible issues at PSU....

Yeah, I would. I think a lot of folks in PA need to be reminded that some things are more important than football.

I don't think they would ever cancel the rest of the season, that said would the powers in PA have the courage to decline a bowl invitation. It would cost them millions but would be a huge message that they are serious about putting football in its rightful place in the university and taking control of the situation.

Very expensive and controversial but might be the best PR move they could make.

I don't think any university has the balls to do that anymore, but maybe the PSU Board does, considering they had the balls to can Joe Pa.

In 3 months no one will remember that they cancelled a game, but their checkbook will always be short those millions that they could have made. No way they cancel anything that can bring in money. Too much at stake and afterall, money was the whole reason this thing got covered up from the beginning.

Since this is a rumor thread and I think a few have mentioned it so far, I am going to say that I think there is A WHOLE lot more that isn't out there yet. Why would they cover up for this guy for so long and still allow him to do this crap? Money sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if Joe Pa and others in his staff was involved in this crap in the past too and they just didnt want Sandusky telling on them. Maybe he flips and spills it to the cops soon for a better deal? I can only imagine what kind of sick stuff will come out then.

Go Giants !

That's a lone stance among a group of players who have been quick to distance themselves from Sandusky.

Brad Benson, a former Penn State offensive lineman who won a Super Bowl with the New York Giants, was not invited to attend the game. He said he wouldn't go anyway -- and had no problem with his fellow former Nittany Lions presenting a unified front -- as long as they remembered the true victims of this case.

"I sure wouldn't want it be a show of solidarity for Joe," he said.

Benson spoke in anger about Paterno's actions and, more troubling, the reaction of unruly students who toppled a television news van, rioted and attempted arson after a peaceful demonstration Wednesday night turned ugly.

"There are people right now that are supporting Joe. They are rioting and doing things they shouldn't be doing," he said. "I equate these students that are rioting to the occupiers on New York City right now. They're not mature enough to understand why they're rioting. They weren't there when this happened. What are they protesting? They're protesting that someone with a tremendous responsibility failed to fulfill his moral responsibility and other people failed as well."

I guess I'm missing something here, but I'm not sure why companies wouldn't advertise during this game. JoePa won't be there. Sandusky won't be there. McQueary now apparently won't even be there. Nobody on the team is accused of any wrongdoing. What is happening Saturday is a football game. I don't see anything shameful about that. Things could definitely turn ugly with the fans, but I don't see that as the fault of anybody who advertises...

If you read the grand jury report you'd understand this goes way beyond the 3 ex-coaches. The Penn State administration covered up the 98 incident (despite the police overhearing a confession) AND the 2002 incident by claiming they were never told the details. This goes all the way to the top of the university and probably sideways in a lot of directions if you consider Second Mile and the high schools at which Sandusky was allowed to stalk his prey. Paterno is a scumbag...

There's a crime and a cover up. Sandusky committed the crime. Penn State's entire AD and administration knew about it and covered it up. Thankfully the Gov of Pennsylvania kept pushing the investigation forward....

If you read the grand jury report you'd understand this goes way beyond the 3 ex-coaches. The Penn State administration covered up the 98 incident (despite the police overhearing a confession) AND the 2002 incident by claiming they were never told the details. This goes all the way to the top of the university and probably sideways in a lot of directions if you consider Second Mile and the high schools at which Sandusky was allowed to stalk his prey. Paterno is a scumbag...

There's a crime and a cover up. Sandusky committed the crime. Penn State's entire AD and administration knew about it and covered it up. Thankfully the Gov of Pennsylvania kept pushing the investigation forward....

But the President, the AD and Schulz (don't remember what his title was) are gone too, although I'm sure there's still a lot of people at PSU up to their eyeballs in this cover up, probably going as far as the Board of Trustees. More heads need to roll at PSU, no doubt. But does any of that mean that you wouldn't advertise on network TV (money not going to PSU) during a football game (played by players completely innocent in this mess as far as we know)? You're not endorsing PSU by running a television ad any more than you are endorsing Nebraska by advertising on the broadcast. To me, the closest thing to an argument for pulling the ads that I can find is that you're endorsing college football, and overemphasis on the value of college football is what led these people to cover up for a child molester in the first place. But by that argument, a company should probably pull their ad dollars from all college football games, not just PSU games.

NO let's get it right.

Schultz VP of Finance retired
The athletic director was put on administrative leave
Mike M was put on administrative leave
President Spanier was able to resign
Joe Pa was the only one FIRED

NO let's get it right.

Schultz VP of Finance retired
The athletic director was put on administrative leave
Mike M was put on administrative leave
President Spanier was able to resign
Joe Pa was the only one FIRED

Um, did somebody say otherwise?

[h=1]Sandusky Made $457G From Pennsylvania Charity Despite Child Sex Allegations, Tax Records Show[/h]
A Pennsylvania charity founded by Jerry Sandusky continued to pay the former Penn State defensive coordinator a consulting fee totaling nearly $500,000 over eight years, tax documents show, despite an attorney who reportedly worked with the charity knowing Sandusky faced child sex abuse allegations.
Sandusky now is charged with a series of sexual assaults in a scandal at Penn State that prompted the university this week to oust its president and legendary football coach Joe Paterno. Two other campus officials faces charges of failing to notify police of alleged assaults occurring on campus.

Come again? Administrative leave isn't gone.

BTW Penn State is still paying Curley and Schultz's legal fees.

I would hope that PSU is only keeping these guys around and paying because they are contractually obligated. Unfortunately I don't think that is the case entirely (though it may be the excuse.) I think that these guys including the names we haven't heard yet are working their tails off to figure out how to keep this thing from getting bigger and sucking them in worse. This is an extension of the same attitudes and actions that brought it all to this point in the first place.

Sandusky Made $457G From Pennsylvania Charity Despite Child Sex Allegations, Tax Records Show

​I need to found a charitable organization.

To make money - not to diddle children.

Just thought I'd make that clear.

Whoa - just saw the ESPN ticker go by saying McQueary called his players today saying he's "no longer their coach, I'm done." Also said he stated he is in a secluded location under protective custody.
:wow:
This is getting like John Gotti/Al Capone huge if McQ is in protective custody now.

I'm just trying to figure out how a guy 22-23 years old walks into a shower and sees a guy raping a 10 year old boy and turns around and leaves. And it wasn't like Sandusky was his boss and he needed to be worried about losing his job. Sandusky was retired from PSU 3+ years.

Whoa - just saw the ESPN ticker go by saying McQueary called his players today saying he's "no longer their coach, I'm done." Also said he stated he is in a secluded location under protective custody.
:wow:
This is getting like John Gotti/Al Capone huge if McQ is in protective custody now.
You forgot this part:

McQueary added that he was, “Double-fisting it,” meaning he was having two drinks at once.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-protective-custody-double-fisting-it/related

Heard on the radio that McQueary had bricks thrown through the windows of his house and what the police called "multiple credible threats" to his health and safety.

Guy stuck himself right in the middle of a bad place. People on one side who want him fired and gone for not stopping the rape he saw and following up by taking his report to the authorities instead of letting it die with Paterno and his band of cronies. They, with some justification, blame his for the rapist being able to continue to victimize kids. On the other side are the Paterno loyalist who refuse to believe that JoePa is responsible for anything and are blaming McQeary for JoePa getting fired and all the negative publicity the university has gotten, think that if he had just kept his mouth shut they could have continued their life in ignorant bliss glowing in the light of PSU victories.

The guy is going to have to find some other kind of work. He will be out at PSU as soon as his protection as a whistleblower is gone, probably whien the whole staff is fired. No other college or university is going to want to hire him since he is tainted by this stain and he may be seen by a lot of coaches as disloyal to the HC. Put the words child abuse next to somebodies name and he won't be able to get a job at any high school in the country. He is going to have to go into a different line of work.

The guy is going to have to find some other kind of work. He will be out at PSU as soon as his protection as a whistleblower is gone, probably whien the whole staff is fired. No other college or university is going to want to hire him since he is tainted by this stain and he may be seen by a lot of coaches as disloyal to the HC. Put the words child abuse next to somebodies name and he won't be able to get a job at any high school in the country. He is going to have to go into a different line of work.

Should have done the right thing from the get go and he wouldn't have this problem. **** him, he can work at a gas station or telemarketing company for all I care. There comes a time in many people's lives when you are presented with an opportunity to do the right thing and he failed and failed badly! He was attached to the tit long enough after this thing happened, now he can pay for it.

Back