What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rumors All Over ramnation that Sonny is retiring

and that last week his entire staff was fired last week-

interesting stuff-

Not surprising given the way the year went. He did more for that program than any other coach ever has. I don't think he wanted to be remembered this way and he will not. To think Miami was very interested in hiring him.

about time. too bad it had to end this way.

im no SL worshiper and the way the denver media sucks his ****, makes me sick but i will say this.

he was a hell of a coach. he did things the right way. he may have said a bad word or two during his time in fort fun but, by in large, i think he is a good man.

he did a hell of a lot for the pigskin program in fort fun. in a way, that has made colorado (the state) football better.

i wish him the best. i have no hard feelings against the man.

the denver media can still suck my ballz though...

I like and respect SL. I remember some of those years when CU, CSU, and AFA all went to bowl games, their success was good for the state's college football image. I will miss him and hope the Rams can find someone to help rebuild their program. A good CSU program along with an excellent Buffs program keeps that game on national TV so I can continue to watch it :)

As much as Sonny's been a pain in our asses for the last 10 years or so, I have to give him credit for building that program up to respectability.

Whoever they hire next will probably a down grade, I don't see how any coach will want to play for a program who so willingly forced out THE MAN THEY NAMED THEIR FIELD AFTER.

As much as Sonny's been a pain in our asses for the last 10 years or so, I have to give him credit for building that program up to respectability.

Whoever they hire next will probably a down grade, I don't see how any coach will want to play for a program who so willingly forced out THE MAN THEY NAMED THEIR FIELD AFTER.

Good show, Eric...Good show :)

But seriously though, how do you follow that act? If Smilin' Sonny "retires" then it would have to be one of his kids that takes his place. They don't have the money to hire someone else (Cally? Fran? Barnett? hahahahahaha).

I have to admit that he made CSU a pain in the ass to us and brought the program up to snuff for the most part. Unless they do something drastic, I only see our in-state recruiting get better and CSU will be relegated to the dumps once again. As hard as it is for me to admit that, I have to say that's a sad thing for the state. But good for CU since we'll be able to free up a NC game for another good football team (Boise State anyone? That would be a classic game)

Back