What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

rumors, lies and other abuses

My question is, what do you tell recruits? Well, we play football at cu but it's just for fun. Winning isn't a priority and you'll all get a trophy at the end of the year?

You tell them, we are thisclose to being a winning team. We only need a few little adjustments. Come to CU and be part of the dream. You could be the one piece we need to finish this puzzle and put it all together.

It's not hard to imagine what is said, and when recruits talk to current players, they will hear everything they want/need to hear: these guys want to win. There is no bull**** there.

You tell them, we are thisclose to being a winning team. We only need a few little adjustments. Come to CU and be part of the dream. You could be the one piece we need to finish this puzzle and put it all together.

It's not hard to imagine what is said, and when recruits talk to current players, they will hear everything they want/need to hear: these guys want to win. There is no bull**** there.
You are right there is no bull**** there until they get blown out by someone like Toledo. Then what?

Exactly. I have spoken to some parents as well, there will be players leaving. Some big names too.

Let's sticky this. You are the one that is "always right".

Everything I posted above is a fact. You just don't like the news and don't like me. Whatever....

If you judge him on his record, I dont think you have much to stand on. People arent pissed because of the way Hawk is. People are pissed because we get blown out by the likes of Toledo and then he trys to sell us that they are close. W's cure all, thats the bottomline.

I agree with this. Judge him on the facts and many will conclude he should have been fired. I'm not disputing this and in fact, was somewhat on board with this. All I'm saying is use the facts and don't report BS as the truth.

Just curious here, I guess this is pretty offensive, but I'll ask anyway. Are you hooligan on netbuffs buffaholic?

Everything I posted above is a fact. You just don't like the news and don't like me. Whatever....

I am not always right. Far from it. I still maintain some of the stuff you posted has a certain amount of spin on it.

Like I said, you were the one that chose to take shots at people left and right over the Diante Jackson situation last January/February. Lo and behold, nary a peep from you after it all pretty much went down the exact opposite way of how you assured everyone it was going to go down.

I will admit I was completely wrong if no big names transfer after this season. I actually hope I'm completely wrong. But I do not think I will be.

Couldnt be hooligan loves Barnett right?

Yeah I don't see him going nuts about Barnett like that hooligan guy does, I just see some similarities in how they go about their business. Buffaholic sure loves to alienate people and isn't here to make any friends, that's for sure. Figured I'd ask.

:lol: Yeah, you're the only one with the facts. 16-32 is FACT. Fans are not happy FACT. Distefano's comments FACT.

Take your holier than thou superfan attitude and stuff it with your turkey.

In this off-season, the FACTS will be too much for you too handle.

What a joke... Nothing like sanctimonious, wanna-be insiders telling us all who the "real fans" are. This is almost as pathetic as the BCS hiring a PR firm to run their twitter acccount. For the first time in my life I am going to root for NU becuase I firmly believe that Bohn and Co made the wrong decision and they deserve the embarassment. The players are just collateral damage. This is truly the nadir.
:lol: Can I nominate TheRealNicho as biggst band-wagon, pussy, piece of **** fan of the year? Maybe Stoudt or something?

I dont report any bs because Im not affiliated with CU just love the football team. Only insider info I get is from yall. Im glad CU-Boulder isnt in Texas or there would be a ****ing riot for keeping Hawk and that is no bs. There might be one anyway, Hawk might wanna wear a helmet or use a double lmao.

What "high end" talent has tranferred besides DS and Uncle Josh?

Here are the facts of guys who've transferred after arriving in Boulder:
class of '06: Palazzi
class of '07: Smith, Maiava, Shields, Ballenger
class of '08: Scott, Wallace, Blackmon

I think Smith and Scott are a package deal. Shields wasn't getting playing time and was beaten out by true-freshmen (West, Kasa)

Hardly a mass transfer issue here. All teams expect a handful per year based on homesickness, girlfriend problems, and playing time. Mass defections is not an issue here imo.

Most programs expect to lose walk-ons who don't even register on the depth chart. When you have frosh AA OL, the leading returner in the Big XII, 5* tailbacks and such walking away from the program there's a problem (and it's NOT the kids).

You really think a college athlete is going to come out in the press or to the Admins and trash an authority figure who has an incredible amount of say in their future? No. They play the PC game in public, and share the criticism with teammates they are close to and their families. I'm not going to name any names either, but have had direct conversations with a couple players families. They are absolutely distraught that they made the decision to come play for Hawkins. They have little/no confidence in his ability to help them get to the next level, and are weighing their options for next year.

See now, numerous people have already claimed to have spoken to families of players that are wavering in their commitment to play for Hawk next year. Now buffaholic can say that those aren't facts, but we can certainly assume that means things are not all well on the Hawk front. There's no way every single person can be wrong. Take it how you want buffaholic, but these people don't have some agenda to bury CU in some mountain of BS, they're simply saying kids aren't as happy are you make them out to be. They're pissed about the team sucking, it happens.

What "high end" talent has tranferred besides DS and Uncle Josh?

Here are the facts of guys who've transferred after arriving in Boulder:
class of '06: Palazzi
class of '07: Smith, Maiava, Shields, Ballenger
class of '08: Scott, Wallace, Blackmon

I think Smith and Scott are a package deal. Shields wasn't getting playing time and was beaten out by true-freshmen (West, Kasa)

Hardly a mass transfer issue here. All teams expect a handful per year based on homesickness, girlfriend problems, and playing time. Mass defections is not an issue here imo.

Last I checked Maiava was starting at UCLA. He was not good enough to play OL for us so we wanted to make him a fullback. DS was the highest recruit we had in forever and Wallace was also highly rated. Smith was our best WR, and Ballenger was never given a chance to play because Daddy needed his son to play QB.

I expect the additional transfers this year to be many. Your sources say that Juicebox has not lost the team and I mine say that there are many players that can't stand Juicebox and will be looking at their options. For the record my sources said about a week ago that they thought Juicebox would be back next year.

I don't care what source is right at this point. It does not matter, because with Juicebox back next year even if we don't lose a single player to transfers, we are still only going to win 3 or 4 games. His record over four years proves that point.

Maivai is the one that gets me and shows the stupidity of Hawkins. Here you have a 1st team freshman all big 12 guard and you want to move him to not only fullback, but second string fullback. We sure could was Kai right now. :sad1:

Hawk gest paid millions to win ballgames. It's that simple. That's the business. In four years he's made more than most people make in seneral lifetimes.

Seriously, how could another coach do much worse?

If you are in sales, for example, and you don't hit your quotas for an extended period you get fired. That's the business. Doesn't matter if you're a great guy.

Not sure why it should be any different here.

Maivai is the one that gets me and shows the stupidity of Hawkins. Here you have a 1st team freshman all big 12 guard and you want to move him to not only fullback, but second string fullback. We sure could was Kai right now. :sad1:

^^^^This. Kai was a beast.

Factor in Darrell Scott, JFly, and some of the others and its not a pretty picture. Too many transfers.

Can I talk now? I don't get the out right ripping of Buffaholic? He is every bit as much a fan as any of us. The feeding frenzie that happens here with those who are angry about all this Hawkins stuff is just ****ing crazy. I know that Buffaholic is not part of the AD and that what he says are things that he heard. He isn't lying. The "insider" stuff is very complex, because even "insiders" don't know everything, for one, and things change quickly, for another. Hell, they had GB's contract extension ready for a signature a couple of weeks before he was fired. This is all very complex stuff. But this attacking crap on this board needs to stop. I mean, disagree if you want, but stop with the bull **** hate stuff already.

As for players transfering: I'd bet that there are a few that were saying that just like season ticket holders were saying they would not renew. But when push comes to shove and the reality of what transferring means becomes evident, I'd bet those saying it will back off.

As for Behrens. His parents can't stand Hawkins. They sit in the stands behind the bench and are pretty loud in their disdain, from what I understand.

Can I talk now? I don't get the out right ripping of Buffaholic? He is every bit as much a fan as any of us. The feeding frenzie that happens here with those who are angry about all this Hawkins stuff is just ****ing crazy. I know that Buffaholic is not part of the AD and that what he says are things that he heard. He isn't lying. The "insider" stuff is very complex, because even "insiders" don't know everything, for one, and things change quickly, for another. Hell, they had GB's contract extension ready for a signature a couple of weeks before he was fired. This is all very complex stuff. But this attacking crap on this board needs to stop. I mean, disagree if you want, but stop with the bull **** hate stuff already.

As for players transfering: I'd bet that there are a few that were saying that just like season ticket holders were saying they would not renew. But when push comes to shove and the reality of what transferring means becomes evident, I'd bet those saying it will back off.

As for Behrens. His parents can't stand Hawkins. They sit in the stands behind the bench and are pretty loud in their disdain, from what I understand.

He like you, starts a thread that attacks the other posters here who aren't into hawk love. You spew your BS of who's a fan or not and DO THE EXACT SAME THING to those who do not agree with you.

Freedom of speech like you were saying ...

He like you, starts a thread that attacks the other posters here who aren't into hawk love. You spew your BS of who's a fan or not and DO THE EXACT SAME THING to those who do not agree with you.

Freedom of speech like you were saying ...
Could you point me to the thread I started attacking people? I honestly have a ****ty memory.

Back