What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rush the field photo (on the way to get a burrito)

I can't believe fans are embarrassed that CU does this. it's awesome, I hope it become a new CU tradition.

I can't believe you think this is normal.

The field is sacred ground for the players. The players deserve to go shake the hands of the other team, coaches, and refs when the game is completed.... the stands are where the people watching the game should cheer and allow the 2 teams to meet briefly....

I can't believe fans are embarrassed that CU does this. it's awesome, I hope it become a new CU tradition.

Seriously? You want cu students rushing the field after wins over washington state to become tradition? Doing it for a win oklahoma is one thing, doing it after every victory is LAME.

I felt more embarrased when the students rushed the field after we got our first win in 2006 (I believe in the seventh game), that had a filthy feeling to it.

I'm totally fine with rushing the field last night, we beat a friggin SEC team (I don't care what they're record is), and I think more importantly we avoided losing on this weekend of honoring the 1990 team.

The field is sacred ground for the players. The players deserve to go shake the hands of the other team, coaches, and refs when the game is completed.... the stands are where the people watching the game should cheer and allow the 2 teams to meet briefly....

It's not normal, it's a CU thing. And it is awesome.

Seriously? You want cu students rushing the field after wins over washington state to become tradition? Doing it for a win oklahoma is one thing, doing it after every victory is LAME.

Not lame at all, these kids are having fun after a win. I hope we rush the field after beating Baylor.

Not lame at all, these kids are having fun after a win. I hope we rush the field after beating Baylor.

you sound as if CU invented rushing the field....

you are certainly entitled to your opinion on the issue..... I will agree that it is better than the 1995 A & M game where the powers to be did not want us to rush the field...

I am sorry... but that was EMBARASSING.. rush the field against a 1-3 team???? The National CBS Broadcasters had some fun at our expense.... and then all of my Florida fans texted me as soon as they showed that on TV during the Bama- Fla game....

Well, if I have a choice between being ridiculed on national tv for losing to Montana State, getting our $#@es handed to us by Toledo or rushing the field after beating a 1-3 SEC team, I'll take the later.

When CU lost in Waco in 2003, the Baylor fans rushed the field. Even though the loss was as painful as they come, it was an amusing sign of respect to be among teams worthy generating some excitement. I'm guessing the UGA fans were amused.

Go back to the end of the 2009 home opener and tell me it's not better to see CU fans rushing the field than the alternative.

Some people have sticks up their asses. I'm pretty sure you've got an entire ****ing tree.

I was at first mildly embarrassed by the fans rushing the field, but your arguments--all entrenched in some uptight notion of how the world is supposed to be--has convinced me that rushing the field after every win (and some losses) is the coolest thing ever.

And just to be clear, CSU Husker (from the other thread on the same topic):

This is not embarrassing (don't make me drudge up a picture of you wearing a watermelon on your noggin):

mediaManager

But this is:

I just need to know where to draw the line.

Fans are supposed to have fun. Fans are supposed to act (a little) stupid.

The only thing I worry about is what I saw as a Freshman at CU back in the late Fall in 2002. CU was playing Okie Light at the Coors Event Center and if I can remember correctly, we pretty much handled them all night.

The basketball team was awesome that year. We were knocking off ranked opponent after ranked opponent at home all year. We stormed the court after the final buzzer as we had done several times that Fall. I remember taking a seat on the scorers table a minute after the game ending and saw some dude knocked out cold on the floor. There was blood everywhere and several media personal were snapping photos. It was almost surreal to see a celebration on the court turn into a boxing ring.

ESPN ran stories after the game saying how the victory was marred, etc... That douche who punched that guy out ruined the fan experience at Coors for several years. This is my only worry.

The only thing I worry about is what I saw as a Freshman at CU back in the late Fall in 2002. CU was playing Okie Light at the Coors Event Center and if I can remember correctly, we pretty much handled them all night.

The basketball team was awesome that year. We were knocking off ranked opponent after ranked opponent at home all year. We stormed the court after the final buzzer as we had done several times that Fall. I remember taking a seat on the scorers table a minute after the game ending and saw some dude knocked out cold on the floor. There was blood everywhere and several media personal were snapping photos. It was almost surreal to see a celebration on the court turn into a boxing ring.

ESPN ran stories after the game saying how the victory was marred, etc... That douche who punched that guy out ruined the fan experience at Coors for several years. This is my only worry.

And I would have been concerned--for several reasons--if fans had rushed the Coors Event Center last night. I could see the danger in that, or even of rushing Folsom, but what is life if not a series of risks?

I think the barriers designed to prevent students from accessing the field tend to pose more safety risks than just granting them the option.

And I would have been concerned--for several reasons--if fans had rushed the Coors Event Center last night. I could see the danger in that, or even of rushing Folsom, but what is life if not a series of risks?

I think the barriers designed to prevent students from accessing the field tend to pose more safety risks than just granting them the option.

I agree with you. I probably rushed the field at Folsom only 2 or 3 times in my 4 years at CU 2002-2006. I am glad we were able to do so and would do it again if I could. Just simply pointing out some of the dangers.

Well, post game interview, Misti almost got knocked down by someone that ran into her but luckily, her big man Hawk had his arm draped around her and kept her safe.

I have to say...UGH...when they storm the field. Looks small time. Friday Night Lightsish.

Well, post game interview, Misti almost got knocked down by someone that ran into her but luckily, her big man Hawk had his arm draped around her and kept her safe.

I have to say...UGH...when they storm the field. Looks small time. Friday Night Lightsish.

Funny you should say that, cause in San Angelo...

Some people have sticks up their asses. I'm pretty sure you've got an entire ****ing tree.

I was at first mildly embarrassed by the fans rushing the field, but your arguments--all entrenched in some uptight notion of how the world is supposed to be--has convinced me that rushing the field after every win (and some losses) is the coolest thing ever.

And just to be clear, CSU Husker (from the other thread on the same topic):

This is not embarrassing (don't make me drudge up a picture of you wearing a watermelon on your noggin):

mediaManager

But this is:

I just need to know where to draw the line.

Fans are supposed to have fun. Fans are supposed to act (a little) stupid.

now that I am done picking the last limb of my Cardinal sticking out of my ass.....

What is the difference between fans rushing the field in lets say.... the third quarter after a great play? or rushing the field when the game is over? I mean the difference you are going to say is that the game is over... but see... it is NOT. Both coaches and players should and most like to shake hands with the other team.... this interference by the fans prevents that.... and the fans can party all night on Pearl Street if they want to....

now that I am done picking the last limb of my Cardinal sticking out of my ass.....

What is the difference between fans rushing the field in lets say.... the third quarter after a great play? or rushing the field when the game is over? I mean the difference you are going to say is that the game is over... but see... it is NOT. Both coaches and players should and most like to shake hands with the other team.... this interference by the fans prevents that.... and the fans can party all night on Pearl Street if they want to....

Just to be clear:

Are you equating playing the rest of the regulation game (after a third down conversion--we could be talking about 3+ quarters here) with shaking hands with the other team?

I think I'm starting to understand the chasm that prevents us from understanding one another on this issue.

Just to be clear:

Are you equating playing the rest of the regulation game (after a third down conversion--we could be talking about 3+ quarters here) with shaking hands with the other team?

I think I'm starting to understand the chasm that prevents us from understanding one another on this issue.

I believe that I am the only one making the argument that the game is not over when the time expires. I think most others are of the opinion that it should be saved for great wins... I support that position as well. My brief has been filed.

And most of my previous posts WERE intended to portray sarcastic elite behavior....

now I gotta go throw **** at McNabb.... later

I'm not a big fan of the fans rushing the field, especially for a 1-3 team. At the same time I don't have a problem with letting the fans have a good time. Our students and fans are there, they are still showing up even after four years of less than mediocrity. If going onto the field after the game is a part of the fun and nobody gets hurt I have no problem.

I wouldn't call what happened last night rushing the field anyways, it was more like a gradual migration onto the field. People were celebrating but not like they would beating an undefeated kNU team. If this becomes part of the experience then let it happen, eventually it will become the norm and nobody will pay attention any more.

I believe that I am the only one making the argument that the game is not over when the time expires. I think most others are of the opinion that it should be saved for great wins... I support that position as well. My brief has been filed.

And most of my previous posts WERE intended to portray sarcastic elite behavior....

now I gotta go throw **** at McNabb.... later

Do teams not shake hands after big wins? Is it not part of the game then?

I just want to close all of my loops on this, so I fully understand your point.

Also, my remark about the tree up your ass wasn't based soley on your parody of elite behavior, but rather after a careful analysis of your submissions to Allbuffs over the years (insert smiley--too lazy to go "advanced").

I thoroughly enjoyed my rushing the field experiences at CU from 2003 - 2007...there were quite a lot of them and to me it was one of the college traditions that I most wanted to experience when I started...

However, as an alum, I was extremely disappointed that we rushed last night - there is no reason to be rushing against a 1-4 team, regardless of what conference they play in or what history their team has - I found myself shaking my head at what I saw on FSN and then cringing at the repeated mentions and highlights of it that were shown during other games and SportsCenter...rushing the field in itself is not a bad thing, but it needs to be done when circumstances warrant it (rival or highly ranked team)...this game did not fit either...

On a related note, one thing Ive seen at a few college venues that helps to mitigate rushing but still allows the fans to have a great post-game experience is to allow the fans on the field after the game is over and the visiting team has gone to their locker room...I've experienced this at Texas A&M and Clemson and it's a novel tradition that I wish more schools adapted - makes the game experience even more special for the fans...

Do teams not shake hands after big wins? Is it not part of the game then?

I just want to close all of my loops on this, so I fully understand your point.

Also, my remark about the tree up your ass wasn't based soley on your parody of elite behavior, but rather after a careful analysis of your submissions to Allbuffs over the years (insert smiley--too lazy to go "advanced").

I am not sure what I am arguing against you... rushing the field makes the coaches and players handshakes very difficult to do....

I am not sure what I am arguing against you... rushing the field makes the coaches and players handshakes very difficult to do....

And shaking hands is clearly not important after beating a ranked rival, in your opinion, because then it is okay to rush the field.

That is the point we were arguing.

Me too, BUT I might even go crazier and rush my front yard too, and scare the neighbors.
Be careful when you rush your front yard. I rushed mine after a big Elway comeback, and because some fireworks had gone off earlier. combined with the screaming, I was greeted with a shotgun in my face and a few swat type officers responding to shots fired and screaming.

Back