What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ryan Miller #6 Pac-12 draft prospect for 2012...

ScottyBuff

According to Jon Wilner

The league’s top interior line prospect (among rising seniors). But guards aren’t usually valued as highly as OTs or other positions.

Sleepers for us will be:
Toney Clemons
Ryan Deehan (switch to West Coast offense could really benefit him)
Conrad Obi (so far it is only spring practice hype, but a guy with his size and athleticism could have that big of breakout year)

While I know that the NFL has been a little more appreciative of "small backs" than in years past, I just don't see Speedy getting that kind of look from the NFL. Would be overjoyed if it happened, don't get me wrong, just don't see it coming.

Can't say I disagree.

Would really great to see Speedy get drafted.

Hoping that Hansen earns a shot in the CFL or Arena League.

Hoping that Hansen earns a shot in the CFL or Arena League.

I hope Hansen puts up 3500+ passing yards, 25+ passing touchdowns, and 10+ rushing touchdowns to make you eat those words hahaha

If speedy puts up a 1500+yrd season NFL scouts will take a shot on him in the later rounds. If he drops below 1000 forget it.

Speed needs to gain 20lbs and keep his speed and he'll have a shot. At his weight it'd be difficult. I know that 150lb tweener from KSU made it to the Skins, but I don't think he's a RB. A KO/Punt returner and a WR.

I've got a funny feeling that Miller is going to have a monster year and be a 1st rounder.

I have a great feeling about Deehan having a really good year and getting drafted. I think the O switch will benefit his skill set big time.

I have a feeling we're gonna see ourselves in the PAC12 championship game this year.

I've got a funny feeling that Miller is going to have a monster year and be a 1st rounder.

that's what i think, too. last summer i was dating a girl who lived in CU's fam housing and Ryan was out running by himself all the time on the practice fields. he works at it.

The change in coaching is going to give a number of guys that chance to break out and get noticed. The fact that Embree and Bienemy are highly respected in the league will give them and advantage in preparing guys for the league and in the league giving them credibility if they say that a guy deserves a look.

Speedy will have an uphill battle both because of his size and his lack of the kind of power that will allow him to get through the traffic he will have to deal with in the pros, he just goes down to easy and doesn't move people back. A small back isn't expected to push over linemen or linebackers but speedy doesn't push DBs backwards often enough.

What would help him a lot is to be an effective reciever out of the backfield or even at times lining up in the slot. If he can show that he can be a threat on screens and passes to the flats with the ability to make some guys miss and create some yardage that may get him a longer look.

Deehan will be helped by playing in a system and with coaches that use a TE in a way that the pros do. With all the spread offenses out there a lot of the TEs are more like glorified big WRs. The don't run the pro patterns, don't make the same reads and adjustments, and don't have the same blocking responsibilities.

If Obi comes out with a big year he could get some notice as well, he has the physical tools and DTs are at a premium, Cunningham has a better history but lacks the size the pros want and is not highly explosive.

Perkins and Hawkins could get a UFA look with a good season but there are a lot more guys competing for DB spots and they lack the wow factor to really stand out.

Not knocking Miller, but as was mentioned, Guards rarely are drafted in the first round.

This. Especially guards that are like 6'7. I love me some Miller, but a great fit at the pro level he is not. His best fit would be at RT, but I'm not sure he's quick enough to work out there.

Back