What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

S&C Coach Dave Forman let go

So where does this firing fall on the "MacIntyre is too classy to throw guys under the bus" spectrum?

This is the firing/hiring season in football. If a guy is going to be forced to move on, it isn't unclassy to let him go right after the season. It is normal.

I may be mistaken, but I don't recall Forman's name mentioned anywhere in the thread about assistants that needed to be replaced.

And I have to say I'm thoroughly confused by Duff's responses in this thread. A guy clamoring for changes to the assistant coaching staff all year long is now all of the sudden pointing out that it's a red flag when you make changes to your coaching staff.
There was talk that our S&C coach shoul/could/might get canned.

Kind of seemed like there was a riff between Mac and Foreman last offseason. Foreman made some comments about Mac wanting "bigger and stronger" and made it seem like what Mac wanted went against Foremans plan
THIS! Not so surprising based on last spring's changes in focus on S&C, plus the attempt to snare McChesney.

Doc Kries is coming back
Is kinda interesting he worked with MM's dad.. below taken from Doc's website. Lots of BUFFS on this list
Head and Assistant Coaches:
George MacIntyre, Bill McCartney, Karl Dorrell, Tom Cable, Bill Parcells, Eric Bieniemy, Jon Embree, John Smith, Jim Bush, Jeanette Bolden, Art Venegas, Rick Neuheisel, Gary Barnett, Bill Marolt, Watson Brown, Ben Howland, Sue Enquist, Billy Martin, Adam Krikorian, Ricardo Patton, Elliot Uselak, Mike Hankowitch, Bob Simmons, C. M. Newton, Brian Snyder.

also on his website - interesting that he is open for discussion http://dockreis.com/contact-doc/

Last edited:
Doc Kreis, let the posts about shoulder injuries begin! j/k, it's MikMac's job, so if that is who he wants, fine. Seems to me when Doc was here the OL did not get pushed around.

I know he enjoys near mythical status around here, but Doc Kreis was quite possibly the biggest asshole I've ever personally met. I guess I don't really care if he were to come back, because I'm not involved in the same stuff that forced me to interact with him in the first place.

I know he enjoys near mythical status around here, but Doc Kreis was quite possibly the biggest asshole I've ever personally met. I guess I don't really care if he were to come back, because I'm not involved in the same stuff that forced me to interact with him in the first place.
You don't have to like him. Just hope that he does his job well. I bet Saban is a real asshole, but I'd take him in an instant without reservation.

as a player parent he was great, loved doc and so did the player

I am new to the thread, but I hear the university is looking at Bo Sandoval from the University of Michigan. Dude knows his stuff, google his bio.

Very interesting candidate who looks like he's in line for a promotion. If he and his wife liked their time in Colorado when he was training Olympians down in the Springs, I can very much see the fit. Seems to have a very broad background and the young/innovative thing going on S&C that HCMM seems to favor.

http://www.mgoblue.com/genrel/bo_sandoval_565025.html

Thanks for posting.

I assure you I am not Bo. Honestly i am an LSU fan who lives in CO that likes CU and has a wife that went to there. I would love to see this program get back on track. I have inside info that there were four candidates and one dropped out. I heard the candidates were Ron Mckeefry, brent alvarez, loren landow, and sandoval. Somebody dropped out

I assure you I am not Bo. Honestly i am an LSU fan who lives in CO that likes CU and has a wife that went to there. I would love to see this program get back on track. I have inside info that there were four candidates and one dropped out. I heard the candidates were Ron Mckeefry, brent alvarez, loren landow, and sandoval. Somebody dropped out
If it ends up being one of those four, this may end up being the strongest 2nd post ever. If it doesn't, you'll be relegated to drive-by troll status.

Welcome to the board - now go get me a sammich!

Back