1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S.O.S. from Hawkins

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Hugegroove, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

It's obvious Talkins hasn't changed the way he answers questions from the press and after reading this article I expect him to continue dealing with the public the in same way he has since he's been here. Same old S*it! :cry:

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_15541095

The second article on what some of the former players said while playing for Coach Mac is rather interesting.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_15542440

2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

his reasoning for doing something is not to explain why, with an explanation, but to refer to others who do it usually cited by generally unattributable (and specious, to me) phone calls. well, if San Jose State is doing it, why not model your program after the best. for a guy who likes to talk about his "funky" way of doing things, we sure seem to borrow (ineffectively thus far) from others.

i've observed a lot of the spring morning drills over the last month, coming and going to campus along the path.....and, i'll just say it out loud to finish my spleen-vent.....there is a lot of standing around. and i don't mean our guys are lazy, the drill design just has a lot of waiting around. in groups, 2 or 3 guys running between cones....and 5-6 guys waiting in line playing grabass. when i picture in my mind what a Nick Saban off-season, conditioning practice looks like....it doesn't really look like this. but, i may be missing the "funk" aspect.

16-33, all George Clinton so far. hmph.

3. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

**** dan hawkins

4. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Many people are concerned with the attitude on the sidelines. The no emotion approach by hawk has failed. Those former players would walk through fire for Coach Mac, hawk's former players wouldn't walk to Dave and Busters for him.

People want to believe things will improve but, when the head coach is unwilling to change and continues to lose, it's difficult not to be negative.

5. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Methinks a seed is being planted with that 2nd article.

6. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

:rolling_eyes::bang::pissed::blah::argh::Tantrum::shot::puke::pissed3::keule:

7. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

solid.

8. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

not point in even getting pissed anymore... i am past it. gave up on this staff a long time ago... we all just have to wait for the hammer to fall. you have to hit bottom sometimes before you can start to rebuild.

9. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Looks like Simmons stills has a shot. Hope it works out. That would be solid.

10. buffsyko

Oh, it's a "solid" alright.

11. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

A couple years ago, "awesome" would have replaced "solid" there.

12. huskermark

huskermark Well-Known Member

I hope this will be the last year for Hawkins so CU can get a "Solid" coach and be ready for the PAC when you make the move:smile2:

13. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

I have tried to not bash this guy but I hate it when someone is untruthful. Dan in 2009 we found out that there was not QB competition when you closed practices before the CSU. You told Hansen that he was slated for a redshirt 3 weeks before the CSU game.

It is one thing to be incompetent but it is another to be a BS lying A-hole.

14. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Sounds like a few of the players have a chance to do "some good things". :lol:

15. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

The entire thing reads like more of the same old Hawkins doubletalk crap. He doesn't have a clue about what he is doing with this team, the team still (after four full years) lacks anything resembling an identity. Hawk is still looking for an excuse to play Cody, still looking for someone else to blame for his own failures, still grasping at straws hoping that things will magically turn around and the team will start to win.

I get a sense that he finally is starting to understand that his time is limited here but he still doesn't have a clue what to do about it.

16. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

I like how he calls his son Hawkins.

17. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

18. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Oompa, Loompa, Dupity, Doosh........

19. buffsyko

You get the sense he knows this is his last season and why? Becuase he's in over his head and in year 5 has no clue.

20. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

It's interesting because I think that for the past couple of years he has been able to convince himself that he really does have a handle on things and couldn't understand how others couldn't see it the same as he did. We laugh about the 10 plays from a bowl, and clean up the little things crap but I think he honestly believed that he was just a little bit away from being highly successful. I am starting to sense that he is gaining a little bit of realization that things aren't working and time might be against him. I think he still believes that given enough time and a few breaks he will be successful in Boulder but I am seeing signs that he is recognizing that a lot of others don't agree with him.

It has to be hard for him since this is the first time in his coaching career that he hasn't been successful, and not only has he not been successful but he has failed spectacularly. It will be interesting to see how he handles getting fired when it happens.

21. The Guest

The Guest Guest

[​IMG]

22. navybuff

navybuff Member

Have observed the same. Fraternity teams have better organized practices.

23. 4DemBuffs

:lol: how long have you been keeping that pic in storage?

24. The Guest

The Guest Guest

My wife just took it this morning. I wanted to document my new haircut.

25. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

The second article is much more interesting.

26. 4DemBuffs

where are the 501s? i figured you'd have them on your head or something. im dissappointed! :lol:

27. The Guest

The Guest Guest

501s are the only jeans I wear, but that doesn't mean I wear them all the time. I almost never mix 'em with guns and guitars.

28. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

Ha! I still wear 501s. Been wearing them since high school. I wear them every day to work unless I have to give a special lecture and then will wear slacks. Students know me as the old perfesser who wears jeans. :smile2:
    Used to wear cowboy boots too, until arthritis changed the morphology of my feet. They aren't as comfortable anymore. Oh well, loafers are easy to slip on and off.

And to stay on topic, that second article is MUCH more interesting.

29. 4DemBuffs

makes sense. however, i would like to be a fly on the wall when those are mixed.

30. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

47 days 12 hours :huh: