What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Saban or Urban?

Best college football coach?

• Total voters
Potato, Po-tah-to

Urban is the hot choice now because he has won most recently....I went with Saban in this poll simply because you don't know when UM will retire due to "health concerns" again....but you can't really go wrong with either.

I really think you could make a case either way, but I would support Meyer as the best for the following reasons:

1. Urban's worst season as a head coach was 8-5. He could go 8-5 for the next 5 seasons and still have a better record as an HC than Saban does right now. Some might say he hasn't faced the same competition as Saban, but he has a better winning percentage as an SEC coach than does Saban and a better winning percentage as a Big10 coach than does Saban.
  2. He's been extremely consistent as an HC. He's won double-digit games three different schools, including undefeated seasons at two.
  3. This most recent coaching job is borderline miraculous. OSU was not a good team at the start of the season and they ended the season by beating three very, very good football teams with a brand new starting quarterback.

Saban has one more NC than does Urban, but don't forget that Urban had 2 undefeated seasons that didn't result in NCs (one at Utah when there were 4 undefeated D1 programs at the end of the season, and one at OSU during the bowl ban).

Second from the left in the back row, if I had to choose just one. It doesn't really seem like a difficult choice, actually.
Good choice. I think I would need further study before making a choice - just seems like a premature decision.

Back