1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagarin's all-time rankings......FWIW

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Mick Ronson, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i've always thought Sagarin was crap, but this is a good hoops time killer. seems way Big Ten heavy to me. CU at #51 is not too bad and better than some nay-saying football first and only "fans" would have you believe. ahead of some good programs....hey.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/1004/cbe1.pdf

Goose likes this.
  2. Mick Ronson

also shows you how the Big 8 wasn't a premier hoops league (except late 80's/early 90's where it was as good as some very good ACC and Big East years)....but pretty solid. look at the outlying programs from the SWC or SEC...and some ACC teams (which is more Sagarin that reality)...way below NU's bottom Big 8 57. but, anyway, we're IN the conversation.

Baylor, Tech, lol.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  3. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

holy crap right behind Arizona? I'll take it.

4. ShockerHoops

ShockerHoops Well-Known Member

That's a great list. Thanks for the link! Already using for Twitter Trivia haha.

5. Mick Ronson

seriously, 3 ahead of UCONN. those guys are pretty much our bitch.

all those empty gyms to see Ricardo beat Southern Utah State must have been a dream i had.

edit: i've been to games at the CEC where you could hear people talking on the other side of the gym while play was going on....talking about King Soopers or some ****e.

we need to get out and support the #51 team in the land. the CEC is mighty when people show up. no bad sightlines, good seats everywhere....**** for amenities but it's basketball not Cherry Creek Mall. you have to ask for more jalapenos on nachos, though. every time. one per chip, not 4 for the whole shebang. gots to be proactive.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  6. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

Hmm.... I live in Oregon and I was telling someone the other day that my perception was that UofO and CU had pretty similar basketball histories. I guess this backs me up.