What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Same officiating crew from the Hawaii game

I trust you guys are ripping the officials for not calling PI on the pick six?
Gamboa hit the CSU player on about the 41 yard line when the line of scrimmage was the 38 so as I understand the rules there cannot be pass interference if it's behind the line of scrimmage

After watching the replay, most of the calls that didn't favor us were correct. The mis spot was unforgivably horrible. They let CSU get away with several cheap shots and totally missed a flagrant shove in the back on a punt coverage. Penalties were pretty even, 6 on both teams. I have to, as much as it pains me, haha, agree with Duff on this one.

I am curious about Nembot's illegal hands to the face call on the Kenney penalty. In stadium the replay seemed to show his shoulder pad knocked off his helmet and Nembot barely touched the side of his helmet. Not sure though.

That pick play.

The placement of the ball on us and them.

The crew is not good. Really disappointed to see that they had the same group when I saw the red I said oh ****!

No, but we did get away with one. Good point.
Got away with a pretty major one there. But took some hits on bad calls too. Unfortunately it doesn't always even out, but having officiated a bit in kid's programs, I have trouble complaining, it's a tough assignment. Shouldn't miss when the replay is reviewed though, especially when it's obvious.

Got away with a pretty major one there. But took some hits on bad calls too. Unfortunately it doesn't always even out, but having officiated a bit in kid's programs, I have trouble complaining, it's a tough assignment. Shouldn't miss when the replay is reviewed though, especially when it's obvious.
FIB has a good point. Gamboa hit him in the csu backfield. I'm not sure what the rule is there. He did hit him slightly before the ball arrived, for sure.

"A defender who makes contact with an intended receiver behind the line of scrimmage cannot be called for pass interference at any level of American football, although he may still be guilty of a different foul."

Last edited:
I am curious about Nembot's illegal hands to the face call on the Kenney penalty. In stadium the replay seemed to show his shoulder pad knocked off his helmet and Nembot barely touched the side of his helmet. Not sure though.
That's how I saw it too, that Nembot was engaged with him and violently yanked his shoulder pads up and dislodged the helmet. Cost us four points.

CSU fans bitching about the crawley pass break up at the goal line.

It was picture perfect defense. KC had his hands on the receiver, but not adjust the receivers body or block his ability to catch the ball. Put himself in better position to break it up. Thats how you teach it.

I was the first one to say we should not have been in a position for the refs to have an effect on the Hawaii game but after some of the calls last night, I am glad we will not see that crew again. Not going to bitch and moan but glad they are in the rearview mirror.

So, can we get a ruling? It's not like I ever interact with CSU fans, but on the off-chance I'm feeling quaint and want to catch a shearing competition in West Maryland I might run into one, and I want to be armed.

1. Was the pass which resulted in an interception behind the line of scrimmage for sure?

2. What are the rules in college football? I did my google magic and determined that there is NO DPI behind the line of scrimmage in the NFL. In college football, my reading is that there can be no DPI if the ball does not pass the neutral zone. The neutral zone, as I understand it, is only a football width further than the LOS. Am I reading that correctly?

So I'm looking for confirmation that the pass did not cross the neutral zone, and additionally seeking confirmation that there can be no pass interference if it, in fact, did not.

Help?

The worst non-call was the offensive PI that should have been called on the goats 4th down conversion. It was a blatant pick.

So, can we get a ruling? It's not like I ever interact with CSU fans, but on the off-chance I'm feeling quaint and want to catch a shearing competition in West Maryland I might run into one, and I want to be armed.

1. Was the pass which resulted in an interception behind the line of scrimmage for sure?

2. What are the rules in college football? I did my google magic and determined that there is NO DPI behind the line of scrimmage in the NFL. In college football, my reading is that there can be no DPI if the ball does not pass the neutral zone. The neutral zone, as I understand it, is only a football width further than the LOS. Am I reading that correctly?

So I'm looking for confirmation that the pass did not cross the neutral zone, and additionally seeking confirmation that there can be no pass interference if it, in fact, did not.

Help?
The receiver was 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. From everything I could find, there cannot be PI behind the line. However, there could be, say, holding, which wasn't the case either. But I cannot find the specific language as it applies to the NCAA.

The worst thing that ref crew did was failing to be able to spot the ball properly after that long run by Dawkins up the sideline. They were off by a good 30yards.

Don't forget the botched clock management by the refs when they forgot to run the clock after CSU ran the ball for short yardage and didn't get a first down. The commentators went on and on about how the game clock should have been running, but was not.

This error was benign, and didn't imact anything, but was just another example of sloppiness.

Don't forget the botched clock management by the refs when they forgot to run the clock after CSU ran the ball for short yardage and didn't get a first down. The commentators went on and on about how the game clock should have been running, but was not.

This error was benign, and didn't imact anything, but was just another example of sloppiness.
Not benign at all. It gave us time to set up a FG attempt as time ran out. Thanks refs!

Bitching about officiating is a loser's lament.

We should biiicchh about reffing when it is bad. Whether we win or lose there is a level of quality expected out of the officiating and review crew. Though we wont see this crew again, they very clearly are not working to the standards we expect from FBS refs.

Pac12 reffing was absolutely terrible last year. We all complained about it, it was clear to Larry Scott that quality refs are necessary for a quality conference and heads rolled:

http://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-couga...12-referees-blown-calls-tony-corrente-resigns

I watched the Umass/Temple game and that was almost analogously full of bad calls to (and ridiculous reviews). Unfortunately Umass (and CU by proxy) got the short end of the stick on most of these.

We should biiicchh about reffing when it is bad. Whether we win or lose there is a level of quality expected out of the officiating and review crew. Though we wont see this crew again, they very clearly are not working to the standards we expect from FBS refs.

Pac12 reffing was absolutely terrible last year. We all complained about it, it was clear to Larry Scott that quality refs are necessary for a quality conference and heads rolled:

http://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-couga...12-referees-blown-calls-tony-corrente-resigns

I watched the Umass/Temple game and that was almost analogously full of bad calls to (and ridiculous reviews). Unfortunately Umass (and CU by proxy) got the short end of the stick on most of these.

Ranked teams get better refs.
Sorry, but we're stuck with bush league officiating to go along with our lackluster record and down market network broadcasts.

Best way to get the better refs is to move up the food chain.

@Orr

No question it was behind the LOS. Also, love these gifs. credit to CL34 at Rivals.

ko-int-td_zpsjz7la894.gif

There cannot be PI if it's not a forward pass. It's the same logic that dictates if a pass behind the LOS is dropped it's still a live ball and considered a fumble.

There cannot be PI if it's not a forward pass. It's the same logic that dictates if a pass behind the LOS is dropped it's still a live ball and considered a fumble.

That's incorrect. A shovel pass or screen that's behind the line of scrimmage, but is a forward pass, is not a fumble. Only when it's a lateral - and dropped - is it a fumble.

Back