What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Same officiating crew from the Hawaii game

wat-know-your-meme.jpg
Not being clear, but if it's not a forward pass it's not a pass.

Love that gif. When Gamboa blows up the lammies rb, Tedric isn't even in the picture. By the time KO is ready to cross the goal line, TT is 5 yards behind him, starting to celebrate.

Forward from the QB. Has nothing to do with the LoS
I know. What I was trying to say in a jumbled manner is...
-Defensive pass interference does not apply to areas behind the neutral zone
-Defensive pass interference rules only apply if forward pass crosses the neutral zone

individual play of the game for me.
Same.

He springs the touchdown. He takes out a big dude. Everything about it is exceptional.

Out of curiosity, for those of you that follow these things, is there bleating from Fort Collins regarding defensive PI on this play?

I really thought it was, until it was all explained to me.

Same.

He springs the touchdown. He takes out a big dude. Everything about it is exceptional.

Out of curiosity, for those of you that follow these things, is there bleating from Fort Collins regarding defensive PI on this play?

I really thought it was, until it was all explained to me.
There was until the realized it was behind the LoS

individual play of the game for me.
Ditto. So many times, you see a guy pick off a pass, or grab a fumble and get tackled short of the end zone because the rest of his teammates are just along for the ride. When all it would take is for 1 of them to look around and pick up the only guy who has a chance at a tackle.

Anybody have a .gif of that 4th down pick that wasn't called? I'm still fuming over that. The whole stadium saw it.

Anybody have a .gif of that 4th down pick that wasn't called? I'm still fuming over that. The whole stadium saw it.
Don't have a gif, but I thought it was much worse when watching it in realtime. The replay showed more of a "hip check" by Higgins. Not as blatant as I thought it was at first. Really could have gone either way.

Even a hip check in that situation is illegal.
I agree. Could have been called (and for the record, I was screaming in my living room for a flag). But it was not as bad as some of those you see, where the WR flat out, blocks the DB.

The receiver was 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. From everything I could find, there cannot be PI behind the line. However, there could be, say, holding, which wasn't the case either. But I cannot find the specific language as it applies to the NCAA.

He didn't hold him, he just hit him. Think of it this way: if the RB was blocking instead of looking to catch the ball, Gamboa could've lit him up and nobody would question the legality of the play. I guess because the RB was facing away from Gamboa some could argue that it was some sort of clipping or illegal block, but I don't think that holds water. It simply wasn't a penalty.

I don't have the gif, but the play starts at 3:15 of the attached video. I still don't know how the pick wasn't called:

Yeah, that didn't seem egregious. Our guy wasn't too upset about it.

Coaching moment, next time you are following a receiver and another is coming at you, don't move out of the way.

Reactions: SBG
Rewatching the game right now, still don't understand how we were the only ones penalized for the little skirmish that happened when Sefo got hit. Initially I never saw anyone pull players out of the pile like the commentators said was now a penalty. Kelley definitely comes in and shoves a guy but it doesn't look worse than all of the stuff going on.

Not a complaint really but silly to me. Seems like a play where both teams should get offsetting penalties as a way of the refs saying "cut the ****."

Rewatching the game right now, still don't understand how we were the only ones penalized for the little skirmish that happened when Sefo got hit. Initially I never saw anyone pull players out of the pile like the commentators said was now a penalty. Kelley definitely comes in and shoves a guy but it doesn't look worse than all of the stuff going on.

Not a complaint really but silly to me. Seems like a play where both teams should get offsetting penalties as a way of the refs saying "cut the ****."

Keep an eye out for that illegal hands to the face penalty.

No doubt a blatant penalty on Nembot. He gets a handful of facemask and continues to shove upwards. I still don't think a helmet should come off that easily but I can't complain about the call.

I've seen a lot of MWC games over the years.

The league has a long history of teams that specialize in hitting at or after the whistle, driving helmets into guys backs and ribs, dropping elbows and knees on guys and a lot of other "cheap shot" activity. It isn't just CSU that does it, lots of MWC teams do. BYU was the worst when they were still in the league.

No doubt a blatant penalty on Nembot. He gets a handful of facemask and continues to shove upwards. I still don't think a helmet should come off that easily but I can't complain about the call.
I'm glad you see a "handful of facemask" because I sure can't. Not that he didn't have his hand in the facemask, but It would have to be his right hand and I can't see anything. That being said, I don't blame the officials for that one. They don't have slow mo replay.

The league has a long history of teams that specialize in hitting at or after the whistle, driving helmets into guys backs and ribs, dropping elbows and knees on guys and a lot of other "cheap shot" activity. It isn't just CSU that does it, lots of MWC teams do. BYU was the worst when they were still in the league.
It's kinda funny because I just noticed after KC shoves Higgins over, Higgins comes back the next play and dives right at KC's knees on a play where the run is on the other side of the field. Both "cheap shots" but I'd consider one of them dirtier but I'm also a homer. I'm not sure Higgins was actually trying to do anything with it but still not a good look.

I'm sure the knee dive was intentional because he did it to Witherspoon at the beginning of the game.

I've seen a lot of MWC games over the years.

wut

Seen a lot of the games starting back in the old WAC days. The league has always been one in which teams tried to get in the last extra shot on plays. BYU was a part of that, just the culture of the league.

Back