What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Samson Kafovalu - impact player?

Every year during the spring there are stories about a player that is set to break out or be that impact player.

Every year I kill another large portion of my liver watching my team win two games.

Put me in the sprint practice means nothing and I will believe it when it happens on the field in a game category.
I'm disappointed in big Jim's pessimism.
What sacky is saying. We here this every spring.
Truer words were never spoken.

You might want to tap the brakes a bit. We've heard all this before. Thus, the reference to Conrad Obi being unblockable. Every year, we get a new story about how some guy is just absolutely tearing it up. I think last year it was Shaver IIRC. We don't have the first idea of how good this team really is.

Last spring Shaver was in HS......antway, based solely on competitiveness last fall and the follow-up and the new DC, once can't help but be truly encouraged.

Be encouraged by the greater depth and experience, hopefully no injuries, but not overreacting to any player reports

It can't get any worse than it has the past decade so I'm hyping the **** out of this team... Samson will be 1st team All-Pac 12. :lol:

I understand the tapping the brakes here but I just want to point out this different than the Ogulbode and Shaver situations. If Samson becomes a consistent player game in and game out then he will be right there with Tupou as our best d lineman.

The young man has put on 30 lbs, was one of the best pass rushers for CU with limited snaps in 2013 and if he has the speed he did at 250, it isn't hype, it's warranted optimism. I don't remember seeing a lot of good hype for defensive players over the past few years. And yes, every spring brings a guy that provides too much hype. Bobo was the darling last year and he had an average year but at least showed the ability he did in spring.

The question with Samson isn't ability, it's not making an ass out of another chance and living up to his ability. He has the ability to cause havoc and I assume he will be the difference maker in pass rush that we deeply missed last year. Like MM has pointed out on numerous occasions, he would have been a STARTER (not contributor) in 2014. He will be an impact player and it's not hype considering he has actually shown ability, unlike the Ford's of the world that just looked good playing against a bad defense and with no RB depth that spring. A RB that won't even see the field in fall will probably wow some of you.

The young man has put on 30 lbs, was one of the best pass rushers for CU with limited snaps in 2013 and if he has the speed he did at 250, it isn't hype, it's warranted optimism. I don't remember seeing a lot of good hype for defensive players over the past few years. And yes, every spring brings a guy that provides too much hype. Bobo was the darling last year and he had an average year but at least showed the ability he did in spring.

The question with Samson isn't ability, it's not making an ass out of another chance and living up to his ability. He has the ability to cause havoc and I assume he will be the difference maker in pass rush that we deeply missed last year. Like MM has pointed out on numerous occasions, he would have been a STARTER (not contributor) in 2014. He will be an impact player and it's not hype considering he has actually shown ability, unlike the Ford's of the world that just looked good playing against a bad defense and with no RB depth that spring. A RB that won't even see the field in fall will probably wow some of you.

The spring Bobo hype was driven by that one guy on the PACN studio show and was pretty much based on the spring game showing where Bobo was torching walk-on CBs. We fans who follow it closely all knew that Bobo looked like he had progressed during the redshirt year and would fit in well as a 3rd WR behind Nelson and Shay. I don't think any of us were predicting some sort of breakout year with Bobo being All Pac-12 or anything.

The other spring hype guy was Witherspoon. Even with Spoon, though, we knew he wasn't beating out KC or Hendo so it was depth and hopefully being able to move on from Hendo graduating without skipping a beat at CB in 2015.

Back