What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Samson Kafovalu Jailed

Why should a person be punished academically for something that had no relation to academics?
One more post like this and it is off to the gulag with you.

Signed,

Student Conduct Court and Champions of Free Speech Committee.

Couldn't it just be an indefinite suspension until all the details come to light? Seems like that would be the natural thing to do as you know you want to suspend him, you just don't know how long?

Honest question, I'm just trying to stay positive/being a homer.

Couldn't it just be an indefinite suspension until all the details come to light? Seems like that would be the natural thing to do as you know you want to suspend him, you just don't know how long?

You mean like, new **** could come to light?

You mean like, new **** could come to light?
Or anything. Maybe the coaches want time to discuss the next step? I just feel like any time there is a situation where the cops are involved, the natural thing to do would be an indefinite suspension, which could end up only meaning the first half at CSU or could be the entire season.

Indefinite allows time for decisions to be made. Of course if the student ethics board or whatever is in charge, I have no idea what this could mean for his career here.

It very well could be that they are waiting for more information but based on his history this may become more of a why should we keep you excercise. When it has happened this often do you want to count on the guy to not mess up when the season starts, also at what point does his conduct become a bigger negative than his benefit to the team.

I have to agree with Shldr2Shldr on this one. If this had been his first offense, this would be treated very differently. However, this isn't his first offense and given the severity of the last one and the fact that alcohol was involved, it is likely that he had been told that he couldn't have another incident and that he needed to stay away from drinking. This alone would make it likely that he would be done at CU. Add this to the fact that apparently the boulder PD was trying to be nice to a football player (Wait, did we hire these guys away from the Lincoln PD?)....I would be more than a little surprised if the indefinite suspension didn't become permanent.

All of that is trivial though, because we are talking about a young man's life. What I see developing is a trend where Kafovalu is having problems with alcohol. I hope, regardless of whether we ever see him play again, that someone steps in and gets him some help.

I have to agree with Shldr2Shldr on this one. If this had been his first offense, this would be treated very differently. However, this isn't his first offense and given the severity of the last one and the fact that alcohol was involved, it is likely that he had been told that he couldn't have another incident and that he needed to stay away from drinking. This alone would make it likely that he would be done at CU. Add this to the fact that apparently the boulder PD was trying to be nice to a football player (Wait, did we hire these guys away from the Lincoln PD?)....I would be more than a little surprised if the indefinite suspension didn't become permanent.

All of that is trivial though, because we are talking about a young man's life. What I see developing is a trend where Kafovalu is having problems with alcohol. I hope, regardless of whether we ever see him play again, that someone steps in and gets him some help.

This is the big thing. He isn't a pro prospect in all likelyhood, football is much less important than getting his life right. Unfortunately no matter what the resources are that has to start with him.

**** faced trying to get into a bar at 4 am. Way to go. My gut reaction is to get rid of him. My second reaction is "this kid needs help."

To make it worse (or better, depending on your point of view) it sounds like the BPD did everything they could to diffuse the situation before it got out of control. Had he simply done as instructed, he wakes up this morning with a hangover but is still on the team.

What a dumbass.

To make it worse (or better, depending on your point of view) it sounds like the BPD did everything they could to diffuse the situation before it got out of control. Had he simply done as instructed, he wakes up this morning with a hangover but is still on the team.

What a dumbass.
They have been extra good to the buffs considering the crap Samson and Robbins pulled while drunk. Good for them.

What a dumbass.
Yeah, I caught that too. Maybe the BPD and CUAD are finally on the same page.

Please, how many of you tried to get into thirsty's, tivoli, rock island or deadbeat club late? Isn't this board all about second chances? This is nothing, move on. I don't care if one of our best players blows up the space shuttle. WIN, WIN WIN, signed Emilio Estevez. ...

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with
nothing else to do
I thought that drinking just to get drunk
was a waste of precious booze
But now I know that there's a time
and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between
self-control and self-abuse

"Samson went back to bed
Not much hair left on his head
Ate a slice of wonderbread
And went right back to bed