What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Samson Kafovalu Jailed

Please, how many of you tried to get into thirsty's, tivoli, rock island or deadbeat club late? Isn't this board all about second chances? This is nothing, move on. I don't care if one of our best players blows up the space shuttle. WIN, WIN WIN, signed Emilio Estevez. ...
He's been given a second and third chance already. If he plays another down of football at CU, it will be his 4th chance. Most people don't make it to #4.

He's been given a second and third chance already. If he plays another down of football at CU, it will be his 4th chance. Most people don't make it to #4.
In the game of life, every day is another chance. But this isn't life. This is football.

In the game of life, every day is another chance. But this isn't life. This is football.
I'm usually all for the special treatment of athletes in the big business that is college football, especially as it pertains to CU in their attempts to become relevant again. What I can't stand are the repeat offenders of idiotic decisions.

I'm usually all for the special treatment of athletes in the big business that is college football, especially as it pertains to CU in their attempts to become relevant again. What I can't stand are the repeat offenders of idiotic decisions.
I've raised two sons. I know all about stupid decisions. Unfortunately, college football is a five year snippet of life During that transition period between adolescents and adulthood. Unfortunately, Mac doesn't get to wait until they are in their 30's.

Last edited:
The big thing for me is this is just bad senior leadership. We have not won a bowl game in over 10 years and need a desperate change in culture. Here we have a senior who is not doing what he needs to do to help his team. I think that is so disappointing and shows this team still has a long way to go to get to a winning culture.

That is where you are wrong....

il_570xN.164538301.jpg

The big thing for me is this is just bad senior leadership. We have not won a bowl game in over 10 years and need a desperate change in culture. Here we have a senior who is not doing what he needs to do to help his team. I think that is so disappointing and shows this team still has a long way to go to get to a winning culture.

On the bright side, this may open up another scholly that can be filled by another Chiv/JL recruit.

Ive stewed on this for a day now and the more I think about it, the more oissed off I get at him. All the stuff that came before this taught him nothing at all?

Hate to say it, because we need all the help we can get, but he needs to be done with football. Sometimes you have to hit bottom
Before you can figure out what you need to do to bring yourself back up. The more chances he gets, the longer it will take him to hit bottom. Do it now while he still has a chance to make something of himself. MM wouldn't be doing him any favors by letting this slide.

Ive stewed on this for a day now and the more I think about it, the more oissed off I get at him. All the stuff that came before this taught him nothing at all?

Hate to say it, because we need all the help we can get, but he needs to be done with football. Sometimes you have to hit bottom
Before you can figure out what you need to do to bring yourself back up. The more chances he gets, the longer it will take him to hit bottom. Do it now while he still has a chance to make something of himself. MM wouldn't be doing him any favors by letting this slide.
I tend to agree with this. At some point, he's been given enough chances as a player, and for the opportunity to be a good story of redemption. For Christ's sake, it's Spring Training! Get yer siht together and make a good decision.

Sorry if this has been answered already. Is Josh Tupou returning this summer? I had heard rumor that he was. Does this Kofavalu issue effect Tupou's return?

Sorry if this has been answered already. Is Josh Tupou returning this summer? I had heard rumor that he was. Does this Kofavalu issue effect Tupou's return?

Tupou will be back unless something changes. Samson doesn't affect that at all. But we don't know if this was a final straw incident for Samson.

Tupou will be back unless something changes. Samson doesn't affect that at all. But we don't know if this was a final straw incident for Samson.
Thanks...didn't know if them being related would have had any affect.

Samson has a path back.

MacIntyre said Thursday that CU is already working with Kafovalu, who was arrested three weeks ago, on what he needs to do to return to the field this fall.

"Hopefully he'll do all the things we have set up for him to do and he can be back, but he's got a lot of things to do," MacIntyre said.

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_29826617/cu-football-buffs-image-depth-take-another-hit

Good. Make him earn it. Have to prove he wants it.

Back