1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanchez Adds Four Transfers To 2014 Roster

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by cmgoods, Feb 10, 2014.

1. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

Read more...

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Sanchez strikes again. Doing great work building this program into something special.

3. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

Glad to see 2 of these girls are Colorado girls "coming home". Colorado has enough talent to supply a good percentage of our soccer recruits each year & still keep us in the top half of the Pac-12. The amount of division I talent this state produces in women's soccer has been ridiculous for many, many years. And CU should be reaping the benefits of that year in and year out just due to our conference.

4. Buffnik

Women's Soccer seems to be really big in the state of Colorado.

Having been to most of the CU sports for home games, I'd say that W-SOC is 3rd in fan support behind Football and MBB.

5. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Ahead of wbb? Support in terms of quality or quantity?

6. Buffnik

I don't know. Every time I go to Soccer, it looks like the stands are full for a crowd of 2k or so. Plus a bunch more kids running around playing on the fields behind the stands. I don't think WBB draws that.

7. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

You know this better than me, from a media standpoint, it seems wbb gets way more attention. I just assumed wbb was the "third sport." Probably a lot of this is because it overlaps with football.

8. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

Of the four transfers, it seems that Kate Scheele from Colorado College is the most important in the short run as she was a C-USA first team keeper last season and CU just lost a very good one to the professional ranks. This isn't to say that the others won't matter as all of them should make an impact and perhaps push to start.

9. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

WBB has drawn, for the 5 conference home games so far, an average attendance of 2684. For the seven home non-conference home games they drew an average of 2233. So for the total of the 12 home games they drew an average of 2421. I don't know what the attendance figures were for soccer but, if Nik's estimate of 2k or so is close, that means that WBB probably outdraws soccer by a bit. The real difference is visual. At Prentup, a crowd that size pretty much fills the stands. At the 11K+ capacity CEC, the WBB crowd looks sparse.

10. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Have they thought about Bailor-izing the women's games? At Maryland for the women's game, they put up the Maryland flag covering the seats where they shoot during the 2nd half and previously they had a blowup of the mascot covering the seats to make it look smaller.

11. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

They are eligible immediately correct?

TimmyDUBs likes this.
  12. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

Yeah, the transfer rule where they have to sit out only applies to football, basketball, and ice hockey.

13. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

We kind of raised my daughter playing Soccer. She played for The Edge in Arvada. The Colorado Rush, as much as we despised them, were one of the best youth programs in the Nation. I assume they still are.

14. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

they are