What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sandusky's 2nd Mile charity has some Big names on its Honorary Board of Directors

JimmyBuff

ourTeam.gif
Board of Directors: Honorary Board

John R. Cappelletti - Retired PSU & NFL Football Player, Heisman Trophy Winner
R. R. M. Carpenter, III - Former Owner, Philadelphia Phillies
James E. Ford - Retired Vice President, Kmart
William A. Gettig - President, Gettig Technologies, Inc.
Jack Ham - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame
Franco Harris - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame
Lou Holtz - Retired Football Coach, Sportscaster, and Motivational Speaker
Dr. Bryce Jordan - Retired, Penn State University President
Willi Maier - President, Omni Plastics, Inc.
Matt Millen - ESPN Football Analyst
Arnold D. Palmer - President, Arnold Palmer Enterprises
Joseph V. Paterno - Head Football Coach, Penn State University
Andy Reid - Head Football Coach, Philadelphia Eagles
Dr. John Reidell - General Surgeon, Past Second Mile Board President
Cal Ripken, Jr. - Former ML Baseball Shortstop, President & CEO of Ripken Baseball, Inc.
Dominic Toscani - Owner & President, Paris Business Forms
Richard Vermeil - Retired NFL Head Coach, (Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles)
Mark Wahlberg - Actor, Rapper, and Film & TV Producer
Verne Willaman - Retired Chairman and President, Ortho Pharmaceutical Corp.
Quentin Wood - Retired Chairman and CEO, Quaker State Oil Refining Corp.
Richard A. Zimmerman - Retired Chairman of the Board, Hershey Foods

http://www.thesecondmile.org/ourTeam/bod/bodHono.php

I'm sure they can't wait for questions that will be coming about their involvement in this charity

If my name was on that board I would be seeing how fast I can be disassociated with the charity.

That was my first thought but now I think this charity needs to step up and be the ultimate supporter for the victims if the families will allow that.

It's still a good mission with a lot of great people involved. I don't see how it survives this, though. They'll at least need to reorganize under a new name.

There shouldn't be a smear against people in the charity. Only people who looked the other way when they became aware of Sandusky's crimes. I'd be surprised if anybody on that list was aware.

I would change Mark Wahlberg's job description....... Rapper??? Just sayin.....

And who is Richard Vermeil? That is like calling our former president.... Dick Nixon!

I would change Mark Wahlberg's job description....... Rapper??? Just sayin.....

And who is Richard Vermeil? That is like calling our former president.... Dick Nixon!

The Funky Bunch would like to have a word with you...

And Arnold Palmer as President of Arnold Palmer Enterprises? More like Beverage Inventor.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

Lou Holtz said yesterday that he wasn't even aware he was on the board. He was never asked, never consented and was never notified. Total surprise.

Holy. Guacamole. I saw this on the Pedo St. BBS, but I thought it was just a troll trying to pour salt in the wound of the Perv St. faithful....

Ugh - I really hope that turns out to be a false rumor.

Criminy. You have to think the number of victims will go from double to 5x in that case.

Really sad that so many people had a chance to end this nightmare. I don't know how they can live with themselves.

I wish I could get book and movie rights to this story. This is turning into a John Grisham novel.

This situation was horrendous, but if that is true about his pimping then this is worse. I have no words to state how pissed I am at people for covering up this sick ****s activities.

Now, there are Second Mile staff saying they've been approached by FBI to track missing children that attended some events in years past. I wonder how many 9-year-old runaways are never heard from again? I wonder what would happen if a child being raped refused to stay quiet? Would a sodomizing child-rapist's high moral standards keep him from doing anything else?

Back