What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sarkisian: Did he really say this?

Hello...welcome to the new PAC...I've been a life long USC fan and a secondary CU fan because those twains never met before. Now I have to deal with it.

But, CU fans cannot expect to come in like guns blazing because Hawkins did a number on the program that needs to be rebuilt. Don't you think it's better to come in, quietly and modestly, and establish the program with new coaching staff, etc. and then see what happens? The PAC doesn't care about a MNC back in 1990. This is a new world!

"Hello folks! We are the University of Colorado. We all really hope you like us. A lot too! We hope to play nice while we become accustomed to this new conference. We dont mean to step on any toes so dont expect us to play very hard. We know it would be bad form for us to come into the conference you invited us into and win any games. We will just make sure we lose all games for the first few years and then see where we can go from there. We know and appriciate the fact that you invited us to the conference to be nothing but a pushover and are happy to be the doormat for the conference. We know that in no way it was expected that the University of Colorado would come into the conference and want to compete and try to be the best. Nope. We are just thankful that we are allowed to be the doormat for the Pac-12 Conference. Someone needs to be and we are just glad that we have that oppertunity. We have forgotten about winning our National Championship, conference titles, heisman, thorp award winners.... well.... all award winners, all americans and all else that may give any indication that we have a proud tradition. We just dont want to offend any of our new hosts in the Pac 12. We are lame. we have nothing to bring to the table and just beg for your understanding as we try to add what we can to your great conference."

better, gate?

We are talking about football right? Of course CU is going to come in all guns blazing. Its a cut throat business that takes no prisoners. What the hell do you expect us to ask the other coaches if its okay if we talk to some recruits. Being passive doesn't work in this business or most other competitive industries. We are who we are and are proud of it. Look forward to playing USC every year!!

Don't waste your breath.....or fingers.

"Hello folks! We are the University of Colorado. We all really hope you like us. A lot too! We hope to play nice while we become accustomed to this new conference. We dont mean to step on any toes so dont expect us to play very hard. We know it would be bad form for us to come into the conference you invited us into and win any games. We will just make sure we lose all games for the first few years and then see where we can go from there. We know and appriciate the fact that you invited us to the conference to be nothing but a pushover and are happy to be the doormat for the conference. We know that in no way it was expected that the University of Colorado would come into the conference and want to compete and try to be the best. Nope. We are just thankful that we are allowed to be the doormat for the Pac-12 Conference. Someone needs to be and we are just glad that we have that oppertunity. We have forgotten about winning our National Championship, conference titles, heisman, thorp award winners.... well.... all award winners, all americans and all else that may give any indication that we have a proud tradition. We just dont want to offend any of our new hosts in the Pac 12. We are lame. we have nothing to bring to the table and just beg for your understanding as we try to add what we can to your great conference."

better, gate?

post of the day

Of the two? I choose the guns-a-blazing approach. It's what I'm use to.

Those aren't other teams in the conference. They're targets.

better, gate?

This is exactly how I approached allbuffs.

How about if you and LB hook up and ride off into the sunset.....problem solved.

How about....I've been a CU fan for 12 years and I will continue to comment even if it becomes testy. Maybe CU (and fans) should have stayed where they were instead of coming into an established conference that looks at them like a newbie? Or would you rather be part of a great conference and work your way into it?

Talk is talk...

How about....I've been a CU fan for 12 years and I will continue to comment even if it becomes testy. Maybe CU (and fans) should have stayed where they were instead of coming into an established conference that looks at them like a newbie? Or would you rather be part of a great conference and work your way into it?

Talk is talk...

Gate, you oppose joining the PAC 12?

**** all the other schools in the Pac. I don't give a rats ass what they think of us. All that matters to me is that we're in the Pac now and we WILL be a force to be reckoned with.

I'm pretty sure we already knew this... :smile2:

The thing is...it WILL become testy and everyone better know it. I like self-confidence, but I don't think tooting the horn is good until there is reason.

CU has a great opportunity to come out and prove themselves.

Talk is talk...

just so i am clear...you look at cu like we are an intruder?

seems to me that we bring something to the pac 12 table that they were lacking...

No...it's good for CU...I don't think it means much for the conference...yet. I just think CU will have to prove themselves is all.

Of course we will have to prove ourselves. We would have had to prove ourselves in the Big 12 with a new coaching staff had we stayed there.

Doesn't mean we have to hang our heads and say oh thank you pac 10 for accepting us. The Pac made an informed decision with their invite. Buffs need to go in and make a statement.....period.

so you're saying you want us to come in the back door...

:devil2:

I didn't know there was a back door...there might be a door for newbies. And I don't mean that in a bad way. Just like anywhere else, you walk in and take a look around before thinking you're going to take over the place.

I didn't know there was a back door...there might be a door for newbies. And I don't mean that in a bad way. Just like anywhere else, you walk in and take a look around before thinking you're going to take over the place.

There are many 80's movies that would argue this. Swayze rocks!

better, gate?

Never did I say not win games....all CU has to do is win games. Go for it!

So our 1990 championship meant nothing but the championship USC won with players who were paid makes them better?.

Never did I say not win games....all CU has to do is win games. Go for it!

right. win games. just dont come in guns a'blazin.... and dont offend the powers that be in the pac 12. and be polite. quiet and modest too. those have got to be winning slogans for building a national championship caliber team. you have it gate. the winning formula!!!! im sure SC, given what they have gone through will most definitly have a soft spot for the buffs and will play a little less hard in the game against CU. they can feel CU's pain, right...?

it's better to come in, quietly and modestly, and establish the program with new coaching staff, etc. and then see what happens? The PAC doesn't care about a MNC back in 1990. This is a new world!

The Pac 12 has exactly THREE MNCs since 1980. CU accounts for 1/3 of those MNCs. I do need to give props to Cal and Stanford for their national titles back in the day. President Coolidge probably threw a really great party for them at the White House. UCLA's big win in 1954 is pretty great too, I'm sure they're proud. I'd like to congratulate Oregon, Oregon State, Washington State, Arizona, and Arizona State on their MNCs that the Pac 10 does care about, but then I remembered they don't have any.

Maybe you should get off your high horse.

The more I think about it the more I really don't even know what Gate is talking about. Embree even said at the press conference that he and his staff choose not to focus on the negative aspects of the other schools in the conference but rather sell all the good things that CU has to offer. Our coaching staff and entire athletic department hasn't called any school out or spoke negatively about any players we did not sign so what's the problem? Even during the conference realignment CU chose the high road when speaking about the Big XII unlike our Big Red neighbors.

If Gate has a problem with CU trying to sell itself and talking about the positives of the program and university then I guess he has a problem with the other 119 teams in Division I football because that is what every school does.

I've got news for you Gate, CU has been playing football for 121 years and our time in the Big Eight and Big XII has us battle tested. We are no little sisters of the poor and we have won at the highest level playing some of the toughest schedules out there so maybe Gate is just a little nervous now that we have a new coach and are gaining some momentum.

Hello...welcome to the new PAC...I've been a life long USC fan and a secondary CU fan because those twains never met before. Now I have to deal with it.

But, CU fans cannot expect to come in like guns blazing because Hawkins did a number on the program that needs to be rebuilt. Don't you think it's better to come in, quietly and modestly, and establish the program with new coaching staff, etc. and then see what happens? The PAC doesn't care about a MNC back in 1990. This is a new world!

I'm gonna sneak up behind the USC mascot--some body-shaver who's watched too many gladiator movies--and I'm gonna quietly and modestly dangle my ballsack on his shoulder. I fully expect the band to play "fight on" for the occassion.

There's only one team in our new conference I don't like. Just one. **** USC.

I'm gonna sneak up behind the USC mascot--some body-shaver who's watched too many gladiator movies--and I'm gonna quietly and modestly dangle my ballsack on his shoulder. I fully expect the band to play "fight on" for the occassion.

There's only one team in our new conference I don't like. Just one. **** USC.

God bless this post! REP

Edit: ymssra

No...it's good for CU...I don't think it means much for the conference...yet. I just think CU will have to prove themselves is all.

You don´t think it means to the conference? You think they did it because they were bored last summer and looking for something to do?

Gate, here´s why it means a lot to the conference.

Expansion to 12 teams = Championship Game = $$$$$$$$

Denver is the 18th biggest TV market in the country, SLC is the 33rd biggest and Colorado (someone correct me if I am wrong) is one of the fastest growing states in the country. The Pac 10/12 TV contract is expiring and will have to be renegotiated, the current Pac 10 TV contract sucks. By adding CU and Utah the Pac 12 added 2.4m TV sets to its footprint (combined, roughly the size of the Boston or Bay Area TV markets), which should make the new Pac 12 TV rights a ****load more attractive than the old Pac 10 TV rights = $$$$$$$$$

By adding the SLC and Denver markets the Pac 12 now also has a presence in every TV market worth a **** West of Texas.

You don´t think it means to the conference? You think they did it because they were bored last summer and looking for something to do?

Gate, here´s why it means a lot to the conference.

Expansion to 12 teams = Championship Game = $$$$$$$$

Denver is the 18th biggest TV market in the country, SLC is the 33rd biggest and Colorado (someone correct me if I am wrong) is one of the fastest growing states in the country. The Pac 10/12 TV contract is expiring and will have to be renegotiated, the current Pac 10 TV contract sucks. By adding CU and Utah the Pac 12 added 2.4m TV sets to its footprint (combined, roughly the size of the Boston or Bay Area TV markets), which should make the new Pac 12 TV rights a ****load more attractive than the old Pac 10 TV rights = $$$$$$$$$

By adding the SLC and Denver markets the Pac 12 now also has a presence in every TV market worth a **** West of Texas.

This. And you're welcome, PAC 12. USC, stand by for Sack landing.

Back