What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Saturday Games Thread 8/30/14

Remember when they wanted to fire Richt?

He has had some questionable coaching decisions over the years but the dude can recruit.

Western Carolina up on USF early. Taggart is going to lose his mind trying to win there. Jim Leavitt's success is pretty far in the rearview mirror now.

He has had some questionable coaching decisions over the years but the dude can recruit.

They want to fire him every couple years, I hear it all of the time on the radio here. I think the issue they have is that they expect to compete for national championships every year. Richt recruits very well and wins 10 games every year, but I believe that he's only won the SEC once and to UGA fans it's not good enough.

Pac-12 Week 1 Scores
Fresno State(0-0)
07--7
Southern California#15(0-0)
2110--31
Sat. Aug. 30 - 10:30 pm ET (PAC-12 Network)
Line
South Dakota(0-0)
-
Oregon#3(0-0)
-
Sat. Aug. 30 - 10:30 pm ET
oncbssn.png

Line
Washington#25(0-0)
56 O/U
Hawaii(0-0)
+17
Sat. Aug. 30Final
UCLA#7(1-0)
Virginia(0-1)
Sat. Aug. 30Final
California(1-0)
Northwestern(0-1)
Sat. Aug. 30Final
Portland State(0-1)
Oregon State(1-0)
Sat. Aug. 30Final
UC Davis(0-1)
Stanford#11(1-0)
Thurs. Aug. 28Final
Idaho State(0-1)
Utah(1-0)
Thurs. Aug. 28Final
Rutgers(1-0)
Washington State(0-1)
Thurs. Aug. 28Final
Weber State(0-1)
Arizona State#19(1-0)
Fri. Aug. 29Final
Colorado State(1-0)
Colorado(0-1)
Fri. Aug. 29Final
UNLV(0-1)
Arizona(1-0)

Rough weekend for the state of South Carolina.

Yeah. Georgia looks like they could be very good, though.

But with the ACC losses, it's looking like FSU will need to go undefeated to make the playoff. It would be hard for them to have the strength of schedule to get in with 1 loss.

But with the ACC losses, it's looking like FSU will need to go undefeated to make the playoff. It would be hard for them to have the strength of schedule to get in with 1 loss.

agree on both points. I have a hard finding a loss on their schedule. Georgia's biggest question was their line, but that doesn't appear to be an issue. They look heads and tails above the SEC East.

I think Clemson is gonna be pretty good though and that was a tight game until Georgia finally overpowered them in the 4th. I expect Clemson to switch to Watson at QB before too long, who is the top QB recruit from last year. If OSU has a good year in the Big 12, ND wins 8 or 9 games, Florida rebounds from last year, and Clemson does well then suddenly their schedule isn't looking so weak.

Florida - Idaho finally kicks off after delay of nearly 3 hours...Idaho kicked off to Florida who took it for a long return, then lightning struck again and the game is in another delay...

I've never thought he should be fired, but he has cut it close. I mean the guy did lose to Hawkins despite having AJ Green.

I've never thought he should be fired, but he has cut it close. I mean the guy did lose to Hawkins despite having AJ Green.

IIRC Green got hurt in that game and missed the 2nd half. Funny thing about that series is we should've beat them in Athens and they should've won the game in Boulder

For those who missed Gurley's performance today shame on you. His numbers against Clemson: 15 carries, 198 yards, 3 TD's. Oh yea, and and 100-yard kickoff return. And at least a dozen broken tackles.

Last edited:
For those who missed Gurley's performance today shame on you. His numbers against Clemson: 15 carries, 198 yards, 3 TD's. Oh yea, and and 100-yard kickoff return. And about a dozen broken tackles.

Dynamic player.

Playing against a talented team and looked one step faster than everyone else on the field.

Texas Tech 42 Central Arkansas 35. Maybe they should have waited before giving Kingsbury the contract extension.

Back