What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Say it ain't so, Joel

I don't love Klatt-He tends to be solid in the booth, but obnoxious and full of himself in interviews......but I agree with most of what he says with respect to this program. Embree was an incompetent head coach-but he had more wins in this conference than MacIntyre currently does. Embree also didn't run the table in reverse in conference like this staff did last year. In my opinion, the seats that the bulk of this staff holds need to get a lot hotter than they are-The Dan Hawkins channeling ("We had our best Tuesday practice after a loss today", "We had a JV team my first two years here") and patting ourselves on the back for taking an Oregon team that MIGHT win 7 or 8 games to the fourth quarter has to end. The finding new ways (like having an assistant coach take a 15 yard penalty for yelling at a referee or coming out throwing 3 times on your first possession in a game that was delayed an hour by rain) to lose games has to end. Talking about beating a CSU team who will struggle to get a bowl in their poor excuse of a conference as if its some sort of game changing win has to end. In my opinion, its clear that the bulk of this staff can't recruit -If Sefo (who was an Embree recruit who kept his commitment to this program after the coaching change) is our best option at quarterback right now, doesn't that say a lot about the way MacIntyre and staff have recruited? I hope I'm wrong-but the more I watch this staff in action, the more I believe they are not going to get us to where we need to go.

I don't love Klatt-He tends to be solid in the booth, but obnoxious and full of himself in interviews......but I agree with most of what he says with respect to this program. Embree was an incompetent head coach-but he had more wins in this conference than MacIntyre currently does. Embree also didn't run the table in reverse in conference like this staff did last year. In my opinion, the seats that the bulk of this staff holds need to get a lot hotter than they are-The Dan Hawkins channeling ("We had our best Tuesday practice after a loss today", "We had a JV team my first two years here") and patting ourselves on the back for taking an Oregon team that MIGHT win 7 or 8 games to the fourth quarter has to end. The finding new ways (like having an assistant coach take a 15 yard penalty for yelling at a referee or coming out throwing 3 times on your first possession in a game that was delayed an hour by rain) to lose games has to end. Talking about beating a CSU team who will struggle to get a bowl in their poor excuse of a conference as if its some sort of game changing win has to end. In my opinion, its clear that the bulk of this staff can't recruit -If Sefo (who was an Embree recruit who kept his commitment to this program after the coaching change) is our best option at quarterback right now, doesn't that say a lot about the way MacIntyre and staff have recruited? I hope I'm wrong-but the more I watch this staff in action, the more I believe they are not going to get us to where we need to go.

I don't think Klatt has said anything negative about MacIntyre. Good job segueing into another post in that direction, though. We needed that in another thread.

Hahahahahaha

I don't think Klatt has said anything negative about MacIntyre. Good job segueing into another post in that direction, though. We needed that in another thread.

I didn't say he did say anything negative about MacIntyre-He just called it like he sees it, and you gotta respect him for that. This team has to quit finding ways to blow conference games.

We'll see if Joel has the same opinion about fusker fans when the websites and letters to the Omaha and Lincoln papers are shouting out for them to fire a first-year coach even before the end of his first season.

What makes them a "great fan base" to Klatt is what makes them the most obnoxious people on earth to the rest of us. Yeah, they pack every game no matter who they are playing. But their devotion to all things fuskers is cult like. They are a football cult.
Just wait, this week Riley will receive the obligatory death threats from the "Greatest Fans to Ever Enter the Gates of Memorial Stadium"

Just wait, this week Riley will receive the obligatory death threats from the "Greatest Fans to Ever Enter the Gates of Memorial Stadium"

Those death threats will be done in a humble and classy way, though. That's what makes them so special.

I got lambasted for calling him out after his 104.3 interview and tonight was the last straw. Joel Klatt is an arrogant dick and the former stories I hear of him as a player shows that brightly.

Lol who's he sucking up to?
Hmm, let me think, oh yeah he's in the broadcast business to gain in popularity, right? If he sucks up to fuskers and tells them they are the greatest fans in the history of sport, you think they might like him? Having a legion of red clad morons singing his praises might help his popularity/career, ya think?

Hmm, let me think, oh yeah he's in the broadcast business to gain in popularity, right? If he sucks up to fuskers and tells them they are the greatest fans in the history of sport, you think they might like him? Having a legion of red clad morons singing his praises might help his popularity/career, ya think?
He's risen to Fox's #1 college color guy in two years. Not sure if "sucking up" to Husker fans is a career needle-mover for him.

He's risen to Fox's #1 college color guy in two years. Not sure if "sucking up" to Husker fans is a career needle-mover for him.
He ain't gonna go out of his way to piss them off. He's a poser, plain and simple, don't need him as part of the Buff family. You ever gonna hear Herbstreit say that Michigan has the most electric fans and atmosphere in all of CFB? I seriously doubt it.

Colorado was in a Conference Championship Game? Wow thats right we were. God that feels like a lifetime ago.

We won one legitimately. I think we backed into about 3 more because the entire north was a dumpster fire. Then Texas would take us to the wood shed.

Back