What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Say it ain't so, Joel

hopefully rg & mm can make this program relevent again....then we will all no longer care what klatt has to say

Exactly. Joel had a megaphone given his position and he misused it. He was dead wrong and folks here such as Nik (who fired Embree personally) were right. Joel went way beyond where he should have gone and until he repents for that BS he is not a Buff in my mind.
And his team's weren't very good. I don't hold Joel responsible for that as long as he doesn't claim how great they were. They had a sucky division and got beat against ranked teams about as badly as the 2015 version.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is a ****ty one.

Honestly I could care less what Joel has to say. He did his best as a player and I appreciate that as a fan. However, I don't want to hear the Nebraska bull****. Glad he fixed his drinking thing as well. Tell you what though, he is no Fowler.

Honestly I could care less what Joel has to say. He did his best as a player and I appreciate that as a fan. However, I don't want to hear the ****braska bull****. Glad he fixed his drinking thing as well. Tell you what though, he is no Fowler.
This is one of my problems with Klatt, Fowler chooses to not take pot shots at CU at every chance he gets. Neither do Chad Brown or Big Al. I also know of the arrogance and ass hole ways of Klatt as a player and you can see it in how he interacts with people, so yes I am not a Klatt fan.

Fowler is the best. Big Al is entertainment, but he's such a homer when it comes to the Buffs that it's hard to take anything he says about us seriously. I mean, we're all homers, obviously, and he's a Buff, so he's entitled to being one, but I sometimes doubt that his insights into the team aren't distorted by those black and gold glasses he's wearing. Chad is better at being balanced, actually - he's closer to being like Fowler in terms of his ability to be balanced.

Klatt, on the other hand, seems to think that the only way to taken seriously is to **** on us as much as possible. I mean, we have sucked pretty much the entire time since he's been gone (some might say we sucked while he was here), so I get that there hasn't been much to heap praise on, but he's been unnecessarily ****ty at times, and really for no reason that I can see, other than to possibly look good to his superiors.

Haha I remember Fowler taking a shot at CU on gameday one time when a 10 year old Oregon fan said his second favorite team was Colorado and Fowler said "Wow, what's wrong do you just like losing?"

Haha I remember Fowler taking a shot at CU on gameday one time when a 10 year old Oregon fan said his second favorite team was Colorado and Fowler said "Wow, what's wrong do you just like losing?"
He's human, he's very good at what he does.

He's human, he's very good at what he does.

Never said he wasn't it is just dumb that people get mad at analysts for doing their job and criticizing when they see fit. Klatt hated Bohn and rightfully so, people need to get over it.

Guys spend careers trying to go from the stadium to the network office. Fowler went the other way, and he sucks at play by play (at least, the few times I've seen him). Makes me wonder if there's more to the story. Did he take a cut in pay?

I call bull****. I have never heard this claim, and it would have been all over these boards if that had happened.

I call bull****. I have never heard this claim, and it would have been all over these boards if that had happened.

Well it happened. Gameday Oregon vs. Stanford a couple years ago and their guest pick was a little 9-10 year old kid. Fowler asked him which teams he liked and he said Oregon and Colorado and Fowler said something along the lines of "oh man, what do you love losing" obviously joking around.

I think it was all over the boards at that time.... I only vaguely remember it

Well it happened. Gameday Oregon vs. Stanford a couple years ago and their guest pick was a little 9-10 year old kid. Fowler asked him which teams he liked and he said Oregon and Colorado and Fowler said something along the lines of "oh man, what do you love losing" obviously joking around.

So, I looked it up and Gameday did Oregon v. Stanford on November 17, 2012. The Buffs lost their eighth straight game that day, during the worst season in program history. So yeah... maybe he did say something to that effect.

By the way, the guest picker was actually five years old.

So, I looked it up and Gameday did Oregon v. Stanford on November 17, 2012. The Buffs lost their eighth straight game that day, during the worst season in program history. So yeah... maybe he did say something to that effect.

By the way, the guest picker was actually five years old.

Back