What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Say it ain't so, Sipili

Proof that CU football has fallen off the map: this story didn't even make espn.com.

There's been 2500 hits on this thread, and posts from known Oklahoma and Nebraska fans.

Perhaps Sipili's defense attorney might be pleased with your line of thinking.

Otherwise, your approach is coming off as mysoginistic and sympathetic to a felony act.

It's unfortunate that such views present themselves on this board. I doubt you'll get much support from a fan base who is still reeling from 2001.

It's opinions like Spanky's that are the bad apple in the cart and give CU a bad name in Boulder, around the state, and across the nation.

Im not gonna speculate on guilt or innocence because I dont know enough about the situation. However, even joking about something like this isnt cool.

This won't be like 2003, thank god, because there was nothing involving the school/team organization going on here. No allegations of "recruiting party" etc. This was just a kid being really ****ing stupid and evil. And it still hurts everyone involved. Goddamn.

of course it re-characterizes the situation, but we need to get the team as far away from this as possible, how can you not understand that?

It's possible Spanky is not a Buff fan.

This is Sipili's third major brush with the law in 4 years. Unfortunately Hawk love hasn't done any thing right with him. He learned nothing. I would tend to believe the allegations at this point and he should and probably will be given the harshest punishment.

The investment in Sipili wasn't worth the cost by any stretch. He played some as a freshman and as a senior but if I remember right he didn't play much if any for the soph and junior years due to suspensions etc. Now he gives CU a black eye with his conduct.

Yeah I think it said he started two games his junior year due to a knee injury, didn't read the sophomore year part but yeah I agree with you.

This is Sipili's third major brush with the law in 4 years. Unfortunately Hawk love hasn't done any thing right with him. He learned nothing. I would tend to believe the allegations at this point and he should and probably will be given the harshest punishment.

The investment in Sipili wasn't worth the cost by any stretch. He played some as a freshman and as a senior but if I remember right he didn't play much if any for the soph and junior years due to suspensions etc. Now he gives CU a black eye with his conduct.

When it came to off the fileld stuff, Hawk did things the right way.:rolling_eyes:

You guys are making the catholics over at NDNation.com look like hedonists. Everybody defended the player in that recent suicide deal.

I followed the Notre Dame situation carefully on IrishEnvy. First of all, not everbody defended the player. Secondly, there is virtually no comparison of that case to the current subject.

In your mind, how much playing time would have made this "worth the cost?"

I'm sure I'm just putting words in your mouth, but that was a very strange way to examine the cost/benefit of rape IMO.

In your mind, how much playing time would have made this "worth the cost?"

I'm sure I'm just putting words in your mouth, but that was a very strange way to examine the cost/benefit of rape IMO.

I took it as the 'continued investment' was related to his overall support from the program after the 1st, 2nd and 3rd 'incidents' and not just the alleged sex offense we are talking about now. I could be wrong.

I took it as the 'continued investment' was related to his overall support from the program after the 1st, 2nd and 3rd 'incidents' and not just the alleged sex offense we are talking about now. I could be wrong.

That makes more sense. Thanks.

In hindsight, we should have obviously dumped him a while ago. I was really a fan, too. Very disappointing.

In hindsight, we should have obviously dumped him a while ago. I was really a fan, too. Very disappointing.

Turns out Sipili played the system better than Katoa & Simas.

I, hoped Mike Sipili would follow in the footsteps of Jordon Dizon and turn into a pro LB. I was fooled. I am disappointed.

That makes more sense. Thanks.

Walrus, I was referring to the cost of tuition, room, board, and other associated monetary costs. I would NEVER say such a thing in regards to a young woman being raped, and further I thought I was clear on that! I expect an apology.

I like was a fan as well and was really hoping he would turn around and end up a quality young man. I was wrong. Crap.

I find this entire thread disturbing. I have female relatives. I can say if my daughter were the alleged victim here, I would be very upset she allowed two men she picked up in a bar into her home/bedroom. That is pretty poor judgment and putting herself in that position is something I would hope I would be able to have taught her not to do. I would probably be entertaining thoughts of retribution against the men also. Hopefully, cooler heads would prevail.

There are aspects to this story that are unanswered. The whole dick in the mouth to keep her quiet thing seems odd. If a woman were being forcibly raped, I think the last thing any one would want to do would be put something in her mouth, unless they wanted it to come out folded, spindled or mutilated. Second, if MS was an unwanted partner, and for all I know he could have been, there would be some sign of violence. Tears in the vagina may be the evidence, but that isn't conclusive in and of itself, tears can happen consensually. I think it is best if we let the legal system sort this out where all of the evidence can be fairly assessed. If the MS and his friend are guilty, they should be punished appropriately. Barry Switzer should be punished too, I am sure he is also responsible.

I find this entire thread disturbing. I have female relatives. I can say if my daughter were the alleged victim here, I would be very upset she allowed two men she picked up in a bar into her home/bedroom. That is pretty poor judgment and putting herself in that position is something I would hope I would be able to have taught her not to do. I would probably be entertaining thoughts of retribution against the men also. Hopefully, cooler heads would prevail.

There are aspects to this story that are unanswered. The whole dick in the mouth to keep her quiet thing seems odd. If a woman were being forcibly raped, I think the last thing any one would want to do would be put something in her mouth, unless they wanted it to come out folded, spindled or mutilated. Second, if MS was an unwanted partner, and for all I know he could have been, there would be some sign of violence. Tears in the vagina may be the evidence, but that isn't conclusive in and of itself, tears can happen consensually. I think it is best if we let the legal system sort this out where all of the evidence can be fairly assessed. If the MS and his friend are guilty, they should be punished appropriately. Barry Switzer should be punished too, I am sure he is also responsible.

This is the whole reason I havent said anything about this. I dont know what happened and doubt anyone here does regardless of an article. As far as judgement, well, you get wasted it goes out the window. In no way, shape, or form am I condoning if something bad did happen. I have a sister and, if it was by force, Sip deserves whatever comes of it.

2 sides to every story, just depends on the evidence and what can be proved. Actually, convincing a jury is the trick.

I don't give a **** if he's innocent or guilty. He's a ****ing idiot for getting himself into that situation. Moron. Get the hell out of Boulder and go back to wherever. You don't take advantage of a young woman, especially if she's drunk.

I don't give a **** if he's innocent or guilty. He's a ****ing idiot for getting himself into that situation. Moron. Get the hell out of Boulder and go back to wherever. You don't take advantage of a young woman, especially if she's drunk.

what if they all were drunk

what if they all were drunk

Well, no doubt they were. But my feeling is that even when you are drunk, you still have to be able to make a distinction between right and wrong. If you get pulled over for a DUI, they don't let you off because you were drunk and therefore didn't know what ou were doing. Honestly, I believe if you have what is right and wrong instileed in your psyche, then even if you are drunk, your sense of right and wrong should still kick in.

Michael O'Connor was a walk-on player for us. Purely scout team. Sophomore for the 2010 season and no longer with the team.

Back