What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SBNation discusses coaches often mentioned as on the Hot Seat

How many wins does MacIntyre need in 2015 to be safe?

• 0 - he's bulletproof until 2016

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • 1-3 - nearly bulletproof, but no improvement could end him

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • 4-6 - must show momentum, even if he falls short of a bowl

Votes: 65 66.3%
  • 7+ - bowl game or he's gone

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Those guys they "lost" from 2014 were not very good anyway, at least according to you.

So why don't you answer the question of which of their players would start for us? Cartwright and ???

And almost all of my posts following after the RMS in '14 were about 1. not being sold on Grayson as a legitimate NFL QB and 2. Higgins being good, but not an AA.

I can't help you if you think the talent levels are drastically different right now. Honestly do not understand why that is such a provocative opinion for you to handle.

I can't help you if you think the talent levels are drastically different right now. Honestly do not understand why that is such a provocative opinion for you to handle.
So about that starters question....

Didn't say it was drastic, but we have more talent, coaching edge, and the experience edge. Seems to me having those 3 advantages is pretty big.

So why don't you answer the question of which of their players would start for us? Cartwright and ???

And almost all of my posts following after the RMS in '14 were about 1. not being sold on Grayson as a legitimate NFL QB and 2. Higgins being good, but not an AA.

You spent a lot of effort before the RMS last year telling everyone how bad CSU was and how people were crazy for thinking we could lose that game, so your credibility with this match up is basically zero.

You spent a lot of effort before the RMS last year telling everyone how bad CSU was and how people were crazy for thinking we could lose that game, so your credibility with this match up is basically zero.
Actually it was more them not being able to replace all that they lost. Not to different than 2015, except they lost a good coach as well

Expires on Sunday anyway, really just created this guy to figure out what the hell I posted to get banned.
On most boards creating a new ID to get around a ban would result in a permaban. Not sure why you are still posting.

Not sure I agree with this.

CSU usually has the advantage of it being the first game of the year. This is reflected in the overall record on games where it happens in Game 1, and games where it happens after.

This year, CSU would be most vulnerable in Game 1. New OLine, new QB, new coach and a team that might be feeling a bit cocky. CU would have easily been able to take advantage of this with experienced QB and system. Instead, CSU gets to tune up with 2 home games. Normally, the later game gives CU's talent compared to the lambs a chance to shine. This year, with the talent being basically a wash, it just gives CSU a chance to settle in.

Agree somewhat but it also allows CU to figure out Bobo's system and how to scheme against their QB. Right now we would be playing in the dark.

As for talent from others, CSU has a team that returns a solid OL and good defense and dynamic REC. The back-up JUCO RB kicked out butt last year too. I think our secondary, REC corp, RBs, QB and DL are good. Going to be a tough game but a needed win.

Anything less than 5 is a failure, as Duff says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree somewhat but it also allows CU to figure out Bobo's system and how to scheme against their QB. Right now we would be playing in the dark.

As for talent from others, CSU has a team that returns a solid OL and good defense and dynamic REC. The back-up JUCO RB kicked out butt last year too. I think our secondary, REC corp, RBs, QB and DL are good. Going to be a tough game but a needed win.

Anything less than 5 is a failure, as Duff says.

Our OL isn't good?

On most boards creating a new ID to get around a ban would result in a permaban. Not sure why you are still posting.

Allbuffs likes being a rif-raf magnet.

It's a winning model to have combative and overly sensitive young people around because they are the future of the program.

Csu also plays Minnesota the week before us I think so they probably won't have the whole super bowl mentality they usually do.

They are solid as well. But losing 2 guys a year means 2 guys struggle to get going.

Not sure I agree. We didn't see a drop off when Crabb got subbed for Huckins. Munyer was a good player, but neither him or Crabb are big losses. I'll be more concerned after losing Nembot after tbis year, but in 2015 I think the OL is the strongest unit on offense and maybe the best on the team as a whole.

Not sure I agree. We didn't see a drop off when Crabb got subbed for Huckins. Munyer was a good player, but neither him or Crabb are big losses. I'll be more concerned after losing Nembot after tbis year, but in 2015 I think the OL is the strongest unit on offense and maybe the best on the team as a whole.

You have enough posts to send a PM in order to ask about the ban. You should not post any more under this account.

What was our record?

What does our record have to do with it? Pretty sure the OL doesn't define how good our team is overall. Otherwise it's the same as saying "Nelson Spruce was "better", I don't know if I'd call him good." simply because of our record. A good OL with a poor rest of the team would lead to a bad record, doesn't mean the OL is any worse (not referencing our team last year exactly).

Last edited:
What does our record have to do with it? Pretty sure the OL doesn't define how good our team is overall. Otherwise it's the same as saying "Nelson Spruce was "better", I don't know if I'd call him good." simply because of our record.
O line improved a lot. Still don't think they're good. A strength compared to other facets of the team last year? Yes.

It led the Pac-12 in fewest sacks allowed last year.. I don't see how that doesn't qualify as "good"

A lot of that is the system.

The OL was solid.

For me to see them as "good" they'll have to show they can take a game over.

I do think they got close to "good" as last season progressed. Buffs started to get pretty good at short yardage situations. I put most of the struggles on the RBs, not the OL.

A lot of that is the system.

The OL was solid.

For me to see them as "good" they'll have to show they can take a game over.

I do think they got close to "good" as last season progressed. Buffs started to get pretty good at short yardage situations. I put most of the struggles on the RBs, not the OL.

I guess it depends on how you define good, easier to define them as good when you consider the quality at other positions but I guess if you put them on a good team I might not be saying that.

I guess it depends on how you define good, easier to define them as good when you consider the quality at other positions but I guess if you put them on a good team I might not be saying that.

So are they decent then?

I think when people talk about MacIntyre being safe they forget the financial challenges that CU faces. Every time Rich George speaks he talks about Football attendance being key to the AD budget. If the football team does not generate enough excitement to put more fans in the seats then I think MacIntyre could be in trouble if he misses a bowl game. I think there are factors other than just winning games.

MacIntyre won't be fired unless 2015 is a disaster. Yes, attendance needs to improve and that happens primarily from the on-field play quality, but this program cannot keep churning through coaches.

I think when people talk about MacIntyre being safe they forget the financial challenges that CU faces. Every time Rich George speaks he talks about Football attendance being key to the AD budget. If the football team does not generate enough excitement to put more fans in the seats then I think MacIntyre could be in trouble if he misses a bowl game. I think there are factors other than just winning games.

CU is in the financial position it is in right now because they fired multiple coaches and Mac would have a huge buyout. Just adding to the problem.

This is true. Just like there are factors other than wins/losses that would determine whether he gets fired or not.

MacIntyre won't be fired unless 2015 is a disaster. Yes, attendance needs to improve and that happens primarily from the on-field play quality, but this program cannot keep churning through coaches.

Agreed, and I think RG is aware of this. MM getting fired after something like a 4-6 win 2015 campaign would have a lot of people in the coaching ranks shaking their heads. At that point, Jim Leavitt may be the only legit candidate willing to take the job.

CU is in the financial position it is in right now because they fired multiple coaches and Mac would have a huge buyout. Just adding to the problem.

Yes, but Rick George does not own firing those coaches. Yes another buyout adds to the problem, but they cannot continue to erode the fan base. There is very little excitement around the CU football program right now. And it is not just the on field results. Unless some momentum for the program starts to build, I think MacIntyre is on more shaky ground than many think.

Yes, but Rick George does not own firing those coaches. Yes another buyout adds to the problem, but they cannot continue to erode the fan base. There is very little excitement around the CU football program right now. And it is not just the on field results. Unless some momentum for the program starts to build, I think MacIntyre is on more shaky ground than many think.

He might be on shaky ground but that translated to being on the hot seat in 2016. RG seemed OK with the progress on the team last year just not the final results. He obviously doesn't seem satisfied with recruiting. This fan base has already been eroded so I don't see it getting much worse and you are talking about a 6 million buyout after this season. RG also needs to be able to land someone better than Mac to be confident in making a a move which will be nearly impossible after firing him after three years with what he was given.

If MacIntyre doesn't show significant progress this fall, then year 4 won't be any better. Last season was nice in some aspects, but nothing really tangible came out of it. If there's a similar showing this fall, then the doldrums will really settle in.

That 4th year could really get the feeling of a lameduck year, and I think RG realizes he can't afford that with the money they've invested.

Back