1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

schadenfreude....**** kansas

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Highflyer, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Watching Iowa State basketball I see what we should be. Fast paced, loaded with dead eye shooters and afraid of no one. One thing that I like about my move to Iowa is watching Fred Hoiberg and the electricity around Cyclones basketball.

*it should be noted this is no way taken as a diss on Tad Mother ****ing Boyle, I just envision buff ball being run and gun, especially at altitude.

2. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

Hoiberg's teams are really the polar opposite of Tad's. Built on outside shooting. Not a lot of defense in Ames

3. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Hoiber, the Mayor, doesn't preach defense. His teams are all about offense and keeping Hilton Magic crowds screaming. All that scoring does the trick.

4. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Are you now in Iowa? Basketball is one of the few good things about living here. I can't think of much else.

5. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

The Field of Dreams? :huh:

6. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

Corn!

7. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Ah Iowa! A lot like eastern Nebraska but with less meth and more . . . Well, less meth. And the polyester comes in more colors than red and John Deere green..

8. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Who was the coach of that UNLV team that played no defense, except the press and a fast offense?

I feel like that and Tad ball are extreme opposites. A lot of people enjoyed watching those teams.

For a casual BB fan like myself id prefer a faster paced game. I'm sure BB fans enjoy good D (I prefer that in FB with scores in the teens to 20s).

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Fans like a winner and will embrace a team that wins, no matter the style.

But our tolerance for great offense with bad defense is much higher than our tolerance for bad offense with great defense. That goes for basketball and football.

Winning trumps all, but if CU is mediocre in the win column then casual fans will be fewer with Tad's defense/rebounding focus than we'd have if Tad had an Iona style high-scoring system but a mediocre result.

10. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Think back to Hawks first year. Really good defense. Piss poor offense. This year was more fun (and frustrating) to watch.

Winning trumps all though. You are definitely right in that case.

Either way CU needs to find a way to win in close games. The team is having problems finishing halves. That 5 3pter run was incredible!