1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schadenfreude or Horror story? Texas dreams of the Pac

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Darth Snow, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Ugh. Even though it is bleacher report, gotta love and hate parts of this article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...atch-is-he-gone-at-the-end-of-the-year-or-not

ugh ugh ugh

2. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

The author forgot the first school to bolt.

3. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

dumb

4. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

I hope CU never has to be in a conference with Texas again...let Texas go independent in football like Notre Dame and then join the ACC in basketball or something

jahbrahakala likes this.
  5. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    Do not want a PAC 20, do not want a return to dealing with the Horns and their friends. Do not want. Period

6. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

I just want UT to keep fighting to make the LH network work. The longer they try to keep the network the better CU & the PAC are. No conference is going to take UT and allow them to have their own network.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

We can say what we want, but if the opportunity presents itself for a Pac-16 through the addition of UT, OU, KU and OSU then I'm close to 100% sure that we'll see a Pac-16.

8. MtnBuff

In the grand scheme of things if we end up going to "superconfrences" then this is the best alternative. Texas without it's tagalongs like TT and Baylor is less likely to be able to manipulate the other schools in the PAC. This also keeps us from dealing with KjSU, Iowa State, etc.

9. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

thank god it would take someone else convincing 4 more teams than just those four to dissolve the B12-2.. and no one wants those schools.

10. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

It has been said every time there is expansion talks, but I don't see UT going to the PAC without all the other Texas step children coming with. Same with KU trying to ditch little brother jr. college.

11. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

FWIW, there has been some chatter on the UT boards that Mack has (logically) complained about the amount of time he has to dedicate to LHN obligations has impacted his ability to do his job and that potential coaches that have had feeling out level discussions has expressed similar reservations, which is one more example of the dream of the LHN not lining up with reality, which may lead to future willingness to revisit that deal.

12. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

UT is a conference killer. Why can't people see that? Put me down as Do. Not. Want.

13. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm not in the mood to bail UT's ass out of the fire they set... Again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

14. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

The 4 news schools will want protected rivalries. The Cali schools will want protected rivalries. That would leave us playing Oregon St, Utah, and Arizona on the Pac-12 alternate every week. No thank you.

15. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

No. No. No. No. NO!!!!!!

G---d, ****ing son of a mother ****ing dick eating ass banging, **** eating, **** drinking, ball gagging, tea bagging, ****ing ****s of all dumb ****s on earth!!!!!! No ****ing Texas!!!!!!

:cry::shot::tini::bawling::argh::pissed3::keule::angry3::angry2:

:sorry:

jahbrahakala likes this.
  16. MtnBuff

So I take that as a vote against?:lol:

17. 4DemBuffs

Bookmark that post. We may need it later.

18. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Pretty sure Baylor, ISU and K-State ain't going for it (if it is a Pac 16 proposal), so with the current grant of rights UT, OU, OSU, and TT are effectively **** blocked.

19. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

**** that. **** UT with a red hot poker in the ass.

20. 4DemBuffs

You know what the bull**** thing about all of this is? Once Texas gets a grip on reality, they will bow down to the PAC-12 demands and join the club. Then within 2 years they will start their bull**** and get what they want. They will play nice to join and that will be it. Friggin hate this. :bang:

21. MtnBuff

I don't want it to happen but I don't think the odd schools out can do much about it if it does.Texas and OU have enough money to pay the exit fee if they bail on the B12. OSU likely does. The TT supporters would come up with it if the decision were to stay in a dieing B12 or go to an new PAC. KU is tied at the hip to KjSU but if the decision comes down to one school left out or both schools left out they could probably figure out a way to make it happen.There is also the question of at which point does the B12 become non-viable. If you are talking about losing UT and OU do the TV contracts stay in force. How many schools have to leave before the networks can kill the money stream? The conference rules may allow for the little brothers to hold the big boys hostage but ultimately like most contracts the real question is how much does it cost to break them.

22. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Texas is too big and a pain in the ass to be in any conference. They should go independent.

23. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

Re-reading that article, I'd say there's a better chance of CU winning the MNC and PRich the Heisman than UT joining the Pac-12 anytime soon.

You're not going to convince 8 of the 10 that blowing up the Big 12 is in their best interests.

You're not going to convince the Pac-12 that going to 20 schools, including West Virginia and Kansas State is in their best interests, either.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

UT is stuck for the duration of the GoR. Maybe that's Dodds' fault, maybe it's all of their faults, but them's the facts.

24. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

And I'd be very happy to have 10 years as the Pac-12 before a shake-up is even considered.

25. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I honestly think the folks at Stanford, Cal, UCLA, and USC agree with us. Larry Scott will have some big time convincing to do to get something like that done. There isn't much appetite for additional expansion.

Let Texas twist in the wind. All this talk about us "needing" them is baloney. We need them like we need a hole in the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

26. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

They only way we get Texas without Baylor is if Baylor gets a spot in the SEC.

Yeah right.

27. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

If this actually happened, it would probably be all of the Big 12 to the Pac 20 save Iowa St and WVU - and that would give them the 8 votes they need to blow up the grant of rights. I would bet the original Pac 10 schools would be all for an East division of the new comers and a West division of the original schools.

Do not want, but I also don't believe the scenario presented is completely implausible, either. Bleh.

28. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Conference killers.

29. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

It is actually not that simple. The grant of rights means that the Big 12 owns the television rights to those schools. It means that they can leave any time they want, but until the grant of rights expires, the Pac 12 will not get a dime in TV revenue. Sorry, but the Pac 12 isn't going to invite teams that don't add any TV revenue, cause that is basically the only reason that expansion has happened.

30. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

i think if texass will, at least up front, agree to the p12's terms, then they will be invited. the trickier part is who comes with them. i don't see 20 team conferences as very likely in the next 5 or so years.

i could see the p12 going to 14 (like the b10 did) if just ou and ut were to be invited. but, i think ou is pretty wedded to okie state. and i'm not sure what the texass legislature would do to ut if they tried to jettison baylor and tech.

once again, it looks to me like ku might get screwed, which is pretty eye-opening considering their bb greatness. maybe if the b10 goes to 16, they can go there.

kjuco state and iowa state have no shot at a p12 invite or probably even a b10 invite any time soon. they don't have the academics or any of the other prereqs.

baylor, tcu, and tech will also end up ****ed (which they all richly deserve, in the most painful possible ways) unless they are able to ride texass' jock into a major conf.

we will see.