What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Schadenfreude or Horror story? Texas dreams of the Pac

So how big is this supposed dump truck of money that UT would bring with them? Is UT worth $100MM/Year? $200MM? As I see it, they'd have to bring a minimum of $250MM/Year to the conference for it to be worth it. Even then, I'm not sure schools like Oregon and Stanford would care. Somebody can correct me on this, but iirc, it only takes four schools to veto something like this. CU, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal and Oregon - that's six. I don't see it happening.

So how big is this supposed dump truck of money that UT would bring with them? Is UT worth $100MM/Year? $200MM? As I see it, they'd have to bring a minimum of $250MM/Year to the conference for it to be worth it. Even then, I'm not sure schools like Oregon and Stanford would care. Somebody can correct me on this, but iirc, it only takes four schools to veto something like this. CU, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal and Oregon - that's six. I don't see it happening.

You don't want to see it happen and are trying to find reasons (albeit logical ones) to ease your mind that it won't happen. That being said, it's not too hard to envision a scenario where Texas and company are welcomed with open arms.

I don't know. But take a look at how many programs Forbes thinks are more valuable than Texas. Hint: there aren't any

Don't get me wrong. I don't want it to happen but Texas generates value, as does OU. Nine of the rest of the Big12 do that.

I wonder if we will see TV revenues continue to escalate for sporting events. The direct TV push back is an example of the cable operators saying that sports programming is too expensive.

WSJ Article

I think the last round of contracts may have been a peak.

We are talking about Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Houston. Liver is 100% correct TV viewers are power, and the PAC would be the king of the heap. Larry Scott knows it, he also knows the money would be obscene

UT's brand generates 150million a year for the university avg. in the yearly "who's pile is biggest"poll

It wouldn't shock me if Scott threw a curveball if he wants a 2nd Texas university with UT. Houston is the 3rd largest public university in the state, located in the largest city, and I believe has won more national titles than Baylor, Texas Tech or TCU. UT might like that as a "stick it to aTm" move, too.

I think the California schools could get on board if it was just Texas and Oklahoma we were talking about. Problem is, they have their little brothers tagging along and I highly doubt they want any piece of any of them.

It wouldn't shock me if Scott threw a curveball if he wants a 2nd Texas university with UT. Houston is the 3rd largest public university in the state, located in the largest city, and I believe has won more national titles than Baylor, Texas Tech or TCU. UT might like that as a "stick it to aTm" move, too.

Would be really hard for Scott to say "This isn't just about the money" with a move like that. If conferences like the Pac-12 and Big Ten still care about academic profile that one is a hell of a reach.

Would be really hard for Scott to say "This isn't just about the money" with a move like that. If conferences like the Pac-12 and Big Ten still care about academic profile that one is a hell of a reach.

Tier One research university.

JMO - this is all a moot conversation. It's not going to happen.

I freely admit that I don't really want it to happen, anyway, but that's not the point.

UT can't get out with another school or even 3 others. They'd have to figure out a way to get the others in the Big 12 to agree. With KU, ISU, KSU, Baylor, WVU, and TCU most likely looking down the barrel of BCS purgatory, there's literally nothing they can offer to get them behind a proposal to implode the conference and the GoR.

The idea of a Pac-20 is laughable.

Wow, where else outside of 'Furd football message board, would you get a topic about Schadenfreude?:lol:

Oh yeah, **** Texas!

Texahoma 4 (UT, OU, Tech and Lite) or stay at 12. Barring a mandate from the NCAA or a new governing body to reach 16, no reason for the PAC to expand. Expanding without Texas won't increase the revenue distribution and there are no collection of 4 schools who would add to the academic reputation or research significantly.

The last thing we need is a Texas centered bloc in this PAC 12. This talk needs to stop.

If nothing else, the jackass that wrote the report did his job.

Look at how much discussion he started on just one board with what was probably a column he pulled out of his ass.

If nothing else, the jackass that wrote the report did his job.

Look at how much discussion he started on just one board with what was probably a column he pulled out of his ass.

People get all bent out of shape here when expansion is whispered, even when it has absolutely no legitimate grounds.

not wanting to start a new thread, but - where are all these 5* guys and these stellar recruiting classes now???

usc = suk, ut = suk, mich = almost got beat by akron, nd = almost suks, florida = sukin'.

coaching plays a huge roll, not just the talent brought in

Did Liver just pull a BC90?

Not exactly. In order to pull a BC90, liver would have to be having a conversation with somebody who really has negotiated carriage deals before. BC90 was trying to tell 4Dem how the airline industry operates. One of his more classic moments, I might add. Come to think of it, that must have been a while ago, seeing as I've had him on ignore for at least a year.

Not exactly. In order to pull a BC90, liver would have to be having a conversation with somebody who really has negotiated carriage deals before. BC90 was trying to tell 4Dem how the airline industry operates. One of his more classic moments, I might add. Come to think of it, that must have been a while ago, seeing as I've had him on ignore for at least a year.

i talk to myself all the time.

No. No. No. No. NO!!!!!!

G---d, ****ing son of a mother ****ing dick eating ass banging, **** eating, jizz drinking, ball gagging, tea bagging, ****ing ****s of all dumb ****s on earth!!!!!! No ****ing Texas!!!!!!

:cry::shot::tini::bawling::argh::pissed3::keule::angry3::angry2:

:sorry:

4Dem-

I'm with you on this 100%. But you don't need to sugar coat your feelings about Texass. Let us know how you really feel.

Since you have him on ignore you probably missed him doing the same thing with healthcare.

No. No. No. No. NO!!!!!!

G---d, ****ing son of a mother ****ing dick eating ass banging, **** eating, jizz drinking, ball gagging, tea bagging, ****ing ****s of all dumb ****s on earth!!!!!! No ****ing Texas!!!!!!

:cry::shot::tini::bawling::argh::pissed3::keule::angry3::angry2:

:sorry:

:yeahthat:

Back