What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Schedule news?

Any team, anytime, anywhere used to mean something different than Toledo, Montana State, and Eastern Washington.

They played west of the Mighty Mississippi last year at Okie Lite.

tru dat. and they also got beat pretty soundly, IIRC. doubt we are inspiring much fear....but who knows with the way scheduling is today when everybody knows their job is on the line without 6 wins....no matter who they are against. i read a thing on the ESPN blog, interview with Darth Snyder, and he flat out said KSU had a couple inter-regional, BCS type opponents coming up in future schedules (that were made when he was on the shelf).....and he wanted out of them. some refreshing honesty in today's athletic landscape......no matter how contra the spirit of competition it is.

If they back out they back out. There is nothing we can do about it. The $$$ portion would be in the original deal so there is nothing to be negotiated.

If they back out they back out. There is nothing we can do about it. The $$$ portion would be in the original deal so there is nothing to be negotiated.

The only exception to that would be TV implications if a network had already decided to pick up the game. Then there would be a 3rd player involved. But I don't think that applies in this case (if this is for real).

It really looks like our best bet, if UGA drops it, is to get Fresno State. They have Cal-Poly on their home schedule that same week, but they already have 6 other home games. We have a 2-1 deal with them that brings them to Folsom in 2011 and 2013, so we could replace one of those games and open up our future schedule which gives us time to find a better alternative.

Them losing a home game might mean we have to give them some extra compensation, but it shouldn't be nearly what UGA should have to pay in penalties.

If this game gets a Win instead of a Loss, it could mean the difference between going bowling or not. For UGA it doesn't help their strength of schedule and really becomes a trap game for them and risky for their HC to keep his job. It sucks, don't get me wrong, especially at this time, but hopefully there can be some positive out of it.

It would be better than a I-A FCS squad, and Hawk knows how to beat Pat Hill at least!

This is what we get when TV contracts rule the landscape in college football. If you aren't a "hot" commodity you get dropped like a sack of potatoes.

I think they played at ASU the year before.

Case in point - either Richt is scared of us :)rofl:) NOT! Or, thanks to Danny and the boys, we are such a lackluster opponent now that if we pulled a miracle out of our kiester for this game, it would have the same devastating effect on UGa and the program as our loss to Montana State did or at least feel like the equivalent to them of when we lost to CSEwe last year.

Devastating effect you say? The fact that Hawk wasn't canned IMMEDIATELY following that loss.

The only exception to that would be TV implications if a network had already decided to pick up the game. Then there would be a 3rd player involved. But I don't think that applies in this case (if this is for real).

But it wasn't picked up early by ABC or ESPN, so maybe that is why it is now being dropped by UGA.

Fresno - great now insteda of having a loss to an SEC opponent, we'll have a loss to a WAC opponent.

GET THESE CLOWNS OUT OF BOULDER!

I don't want to play Fresno. If we replace Georgia then I want a sure win. Fresno would beat us.

Any team, anytime, anywhere used to mean something different than Toledo, Montana State, and Eastern Washington.

Love how we're 1-2 in those games and were only a last minute interception away from being 0-3.

I don't want to play Fresno. If we replace Georgia then I want a sure win. Fresno would beat us.

The problem (as others have pointed out) is that coming up with a sure win is not as easy as it once was.

The problem (as others have pointed out) is that coming up with a sure win is not as easy as it once was.

My point is I'd rather schedule a sure loss. At least the team seems to upset or keep the games close against good teams.

The only other quality opponent that I can see as having flexibility would be Louisville. They are actually playing a road game against Arkansas State (Red Wolves not Razorbacks) on that date.

Maybe we could get them to come to Boulder and do a future road game with them down the road.

I really hope this is just an April Fools prank. I'm just so sick of this crap. When was the last time we had ANY good news associated with the Football program? The West Virginia win maybe? Seems like its been an unrelenting ****storm since Hawk got re-upped, at some point you would think the law of averages would dictate that we would catch a break right?

I really hope this is just an April Fools prank. I'm just so sick of this crap. When was the last time we had ANY good news associated with the Football program? The West Virginia win maybe? Seems like its been an unrelenting ****storm since Hawk got re-upped, at some point you would think the law of averages would dictate that we would catch a break right?

We are just depositing into the karma bank until June 30th.

The day we announce that we will accept the Pac-10 conference membership invitation. :thumbsup:

The only other quality opponent that I can see as having flexibility would be Louisville. They are actually playing a road game against Arkansas State (Red Wolves not Razorbacks) on that date.

Ark State beat ATM in Year 1 of Mike Sherman....and the year before that they play Texas within single digits in Austin I think. I think they played Nebraska last year and some other "big names". they are like Troy was 5 years ago....not afraid to play the bigs and often make a respectable game of it. they'll take your check but sometimes make you work for it.

here, I looked it up: ASU

2010: Louisville, @Auburn, @Indiana (I know, I know)
2009: @Nebraska, @Iowa (21-24), @Louisville (13-21)
2008: @ATM (18-14), @Alabama
2007: @Texas (13-21), @Tennessee

Ark State beat ATM in Year 1 of Mike Sherman....and the year before that they play Texas within single digits in Austin I think. I think they played Nebraska last year and some other "big names". they are like Troy was 5 years ago....not afraid to play the bigs and often make a respectable game of it. they'll take your check but sometimes make you work for it.

here, I looked it up: ASU

2010: Louisville, @Auburn, @Indiana (I know, I know)
2009: @Nebraska, @Iowa (21-24), @Louisville (13-21)
2008: @ATM (18-14), @Alabama
2007: @Texas (13-21), @Tennessee

Oh yeah, I wasn't dogging the program, just surprised that Louisville was actually playing a road game against them.

Is anyone else in the ESPN Chat asking Buffs questions? http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/31592/ncaa-fb-with-dave-ubben The more we pester about the schedule the more of a chance I would think that one of our questions gets answered.

I got one in, but it was the "softest" one I sent in.

Scott (Pueblo, Co)

You mentioned you visited CU, what is your thoughts on Michigan-transfer Toney Clemons. We are excited about him pairing up with Markquez Simas and giving us two actual threats at wideout this season.
David Ubben (1:28 PM)

Don't forget Mr. McKnight either. He's the proven guy at the position. Simas was kind of underwhelming early, but he closed the season really, really well. Clemons hands didn't look great when I saw him, but I can hardly pass definitive judgment from one practice. If all three of those guys can establish themselves and give Hawkins or Hansen some help, Colorado could have a really underrated receiving corps.

Clemons hands didn't look great when I saw him, but I can hardly pass definitive judgment from one practice.

i forget which article it was in in the last day or two, but did anyone else wince reading Dan's comments about Clemons as a leader "not so much" on the field, but in the locker-room. having a swagger and bringing out the best in his teammates? sounds like Toney doesn't have a lunch pail. whole thing is weird since Coach is downplaying TC's on-field production but was praising it a while back. in a lot of the national team recaps, that was one of the leads...."Hawkins praises Michigan t-fer Clemons....".

i forget which article it was in in the last day or two, but did anyone else wince reading Dan's comments about Clemons as a leader "not so much" on the field, but in the locker-room. having a swagger and bringing out the best in his teammates? sounds like Toney doesn't have a lunch pail. whole thing is weird since Coach is downplaying TC's on-field production but was praising it a while back. in a lot of the national team recaps, that was one of the leads...."Hawkins praises Michigan t-fer Clemons....".

Maybe Hawk is doing his own counter-intelligence as he is afraid that other teams will know the value of his new weapon?

Ron Prince seems like he has been very excited about TC "on the field" in his articles.

Damnit he just took another "softie" and ignored the tougher ones I sent in:

Scott (Pueblo, CO)

Which team do you think goes bowling in NYC from the Big 12?

David Ubben (1:44 PM)

The folks from the Little Apple could make a trip to the Big Apple in 2010. K-State fans, has that ever happened?

Maybe Hawk is doing his own counter-intelligence as he is afraid that other teams will know the value of his new weapon?

Ron Prince seems like he has been very excited about TC "on the field" in his articles.

i'm probably reading too much into it....but, the last 4 years have taught me to do just that. look for the double-talk as the only condition of truth.

Back