1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scheduling a 16 team conference

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Bone Buff, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't want to be stuck playing the same 7 teams every year, I'd like some variety.

I would like to see 4-4 team divisions that would always play together. (for example, all the california schools would be in one group)

Each year, each division (i'll name them A, B, C and D for now) would change which division they're paired with. In other words, one year one division would be groups A and B, C and D are the other divisions, but the next year (or every two years, if you want to do a home and home then rotate) one division would be AC and BD. Top team in each division plays the title game.

Thoughts? I figure, this way, we get to play all the teams at some point outside of a conference championship game, but the existing rivalries remain yearly.

2. BuffaloSoldier76

BuffaloSoldier76 Unsound Meat

It is basically the pod system, and it was done by the WAC in the last 2 years before the MWC defections. It makes sense, but I'm not sure I like having to be in a pod with U of A, ASU, and Tex Tech. HArd to get too fired up about playing those three every year.