What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scheme and consistency

pcbuff

Driving to work today I was listening to a head coach interview. He was talking about film study and said the first thing he looks for is scheme. He believes at the P 5 level most teams have a good scheme. He then looks at consistant execution at each position as what seperates teams. Under Hawk and Embree I don't think we had scheme. I watched games and saw wholesale change week to week. Currently, I think if you asked each player they could tell you their scheme. We just have no consistancy in execution. I think we do some things that play into inconsistency. The first that jumps out to me is the platooning rotation at running back. I would find it hard to coach line when the style of running back varies so much.
I know I look things differently than a lot of you, but This coach's interview left me with alot to reflect upon towards position coaches on the Buffs!

The consistency in execution starts with OL play.

Regarding the RB platoon, it seems to me there is a problem with communications and that Lindgren doesn't always seem aware which RB is going to be in the game as he's making a play call. Only really an issue with Powell, because I don't think you have to adjust the play calling much for Lindsay/Carr/Lee.

Regarding the RB platoon, it seems to me there is a problem with communications and that Lindgren doesn't always seem aware which RB is going to be in the game as he's making a play call. Only really an issue with Powell, because I don't think you have to adjust the play calling much for Lindsay/Carr/Lee.
pass blocking really varies between them. Only RB I trust to pass block outside rushers is Lindsay. Pow can handle guys up the middle, but I'd still trust Lindsay over him.

Unfortunately for Powell, his last carry as a Buff may have been a fumble. If they are competitive in these remaining two games, I just can't see how the staff allows him to carry the ball anymore.

Powell would cause me to call a slightly different game than the others, and is the root of the issue as I see it. At this point, Lindsay would be my starter with Powell being an option I called in for specific plays.

Driving to work today I was listening to a head coach interview. He was talking about film study and said the first thing he looks for is scheme. He believes at the P 5 level most teams have a good scheme. He then looks at consistant execution at each position as what seperates teams. Under Hawk and Embree I don't think we had scheme. I watched games and saw wholesale change week to week. Currently, I think if you asked each player they could tell you their scheme. We just have no consistancy in execution. I think we do some things that play into inconsistency. The first that jumps out to me is the platooning rotation at running back. I would find it hard to coach line when the style of running back varies so much.
I know I look things differently than a lot of you, but This coach's interview left me with alot to reflect upon towards position coaches on the Buffs!

totally agree

This seems like yet another reason NOT to do it.

You know what they say when you have 2 QBs?

What do you think it says when you have 5 RBs?

Back