1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scheme and consistency

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by pcbuff, Nov 17, 2015.

1. pcbuff

pcbuff Well-Known Member

Driving to work today I was listening to a head coach interview. He was talking about film study and said the first thing he looks for is scheme. He believes at the P 5 level most teams have a good scheme. He then looks at consistant execution at each position as what seperates teams. Under Hawk and Embree I don't think we had scheme. I watched games and saw wholesale change week to week. Currently, I think if you asked each player they could tell you their scheme. We just have no consistancy in execution. I think we do some things that play into inconsistency. The first that jumps out to me is the platooning rotation at running back. I would find it hard to coach line when the style of running back varies so much.
    I know I look things differently than a lot of you, but This coach's interview left me with alot to reflect upon towards position coaches on the Buffs!

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

The consistency in execution starts with OL play.

Regarding the RB platoon, it seems to me there is a problem with communications and that Lindgren doesn't always seem aware which RB is going to be in the game as he's making a play call. Only really an issue with Powell, because I don't think you have to adjust the play calling much for Lindsay/Carr/Lee.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

pass blocking really varies between them. Only RB I trust to pass block outside rushers is Lindsay. Pow can handle guys up the middle, but I'd still trust Lindsay over him.

4. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

Unfortunately for Powell, his last carry as a Buff may have been a fumble. If they are competitive in these remaining two games, I just can't see how the staff allows him to carry the ball anymore.

5. pcbuff

pcbuff Well-Known Member

Powell would cause me to call a slightly different game than the others, and is the root of the issue as I see it. At this point, Lindsay would be my starter with Powell being an option I called in for specific plays.

6. Colorado Track Fan

Colorado Track Fan Banned BANNED

totally agree

7. ZandiBuff

ZandiBuff Well-Known Member

This seems like yet another reason NOT to do it.

You know what they say when you have 2 QBs?

What do you think it says when you have 5 RBs?