What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scoreboards

I would have posted sooner but I had lab meeting and then it was lunch time. My phone picture is crappy but what they are doing now is removing the old signs in the area around the south video board. Once this is done, I'm assuming that they'll begin to remove the board itself. I can't necessarily promise daily updates, but I'm in the perfect position to cover the south board so I'll do what I can.

day1.jpg

EDIT: Sorry about the weird business at the bottom. Something got messed up between going from phone to computer, getting cropped, and then getting posted. The image, albeit crappy, gets the point across.

Last edited:
I would have posted sooner but I had lab meeting and then it was lunch time. My phone picture is crappy but what they are doing now is removing the old signs in the area around the south video board. Once this is done, I'm assuming that they'll begin to remove the board itself. I can't necessarily promise daily updates, but I'm in the perfect position to cover the south board so I'll do what I can.

View attachment 9376
rep! and btw, You now have a serious responsibility of updating us on day to day goings on with the video boards. Don't **** it up.

rep! and btw, You now have a serious responsibility of updating us on day to day goings on with the video boards. Don't **** it up.

I'll do the best I can to live up to this solemn responsibility. Seriously though, I'll keep it up as long as I can but I might not be much longer for this state. Hopefully they finish before I leave.

I'll do the best I can to live up to this solemn responsibility. Seriously though, I'll keep it up as long as I can but I might not be much longer for this state. Hopefully they finish before I leave.

Or, you stay until they finish. What part of "responsibility" do you not understand, son?

View attachment 9376

EDIT: Sorry about the weird business at the bottom. Something got messed up between going from phone to computer, getting cropped, and then getting posted. The image, albeit crappy, gets the point across.

Neg rep this guy for the poor picture quality!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking about ribbon boards. Any idea how they're going to pull that off? Folsom doesn't seem like it would be well suited for ribbon boards.

Talking about ribbon boards. Any idea how they're going to pull that off? Folsom doesn't seem like it would be well suited for ribbon boards.

You can put ribbon boards in any stadium. I would imagine at Folsom probably somewhere along the club seats and on the balch somehow

I'm wondering how they're going to use the ribbon boards. It seemed like the new ones for basketball were always running ads. I was hoping they'd be utilized more for in-game stats and/or scores

I'm going to do some digging later and see if I can get some details. I've already found some interesting stuff but I can't delve into some of the other things until I get home to my own PC.

I'm going to do some digging later and see if I can get some details. I've already found some interesting stuff but I can't delve into some of the other things until I get home to my own PC.

When the actual scoreboards start going up, make sure you let us know if the name; Frontier Airlines, Qdoba, Matress King, etc. show up anywhere.

I thought this today too. Excited. Soon CU will have better scoreboards than most texas highs schools

Doubtful.... :lol:

gI_0_DragonStadiumScoreboard365square.jpg

And just to let everyone know how construction at CU works. The start date is usually about 2-4 weeks after the advertised start date.

This gives the contractor more time to come up with change orders. Then after they do the final walk thru, they (the project manager) make a punch list and then come up with more change orders for anything that was overlooked or not included in the original scope of work.

This gives the contractor more time to come up with change orders. Then after they do the final walk thru, they (the project manager) make a punch list and then come up with more change orders for anything that was overlooked or not included in the original scope of work.

My step-dad owns his own electricians company (PM me if you ever need a really good electrician. He mainly does higher end homes) so I know how that works I was just saying that CU is almost always way behind schedule. They are remodeling the regent side of admissions and they were supposed to be done by the end of June. They have kept pushing back the time frame and now they think they will be done by the middle of August.

I don't know a lot about contractors, but it sounds like a good way for the contractor the think up new ways to overcharge a client after their original estimate.

My step-dad owns his own electricians company (PM me if you ever need a really good electrician. He mainly does higher end homes) so I know how that works I was just saying that CU is almost always way behind schedule. They are remodeling the regent side of admissions and they were supposed to be done by the end of June. They have kept pushing back the time frame and now they think they will be done by the middle of August.

They were pretty much on time with the bball practice facility. My guess is that with the publicity and careful planning we are seeing with the process around AD facility upgrades, you are going to see them hit the schedules they publish.

True story, I had a dream last night about the scoreboards and they were nearly 200 stories tall. Fantasy>reality

Come to think of it, these scoreboards are pretty significant improvements (at least cash wise). The basketball IPF seemed like a monumental addition and it was $10MM compared to $7MM. The IPF is obviously more functional

Back