1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott Injured in Practice...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by drew6236, Aug 20, 2008.

1. drew6236

drew6236 Club Member Club Member

2. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

almost shat my pants...but then read the thread and it praire dogged back in...definately got me

3. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Scott may not even be the second string back in the rotation. He seems to be having some physical problems in fall camp. A groin has been hampering him. I think Stewart could be more impressive than Scott early on.

4. Mr. Babar

Mr. Babar I have no elephant books Club Member

Two things:

1) That was a dirty trick putting a tag like that on a thread with a minor report

2) D. Scott will be the starter by the WVU game, and it will be apparent why.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I don't care who starts. I just want 250 YPG on the ground and another 300+ through the air.

6. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Club Member Club Member

We are loaded on Running backs I am not worried about Scott, if he really got hurt I would be disappointed but I am not sure if it will matter that much.

7. Unleash Hell

I have no doubt Scott will be the back he is touted to be. I just think he is having a couple freshman issues in camp. Fumbles, pass blocking, and minor injuries mainly.

8. neil29fp

neil29fp Club Member Club Member

Uhhhh, no. USC is loaded on running backs. We are not. In fact we're not loaded at anything except maybe LB.

9. AV Buff

AV Buff Guest

You forgot peace on earth and good will to all.

10. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

:smile2:

11. Unleash Hell

I think we have a pretty talented stable of backs. I bet by the end of this year or the year after we will be considered one of the best RB teams in the country.

12. 87Buffster

87Buffster Member

I am with you.. looking for a return to the kind of production when 500+ yard games were commonplace. I am hoping we start seeing glimmers of that again. We are putting the pieces together to make it happen imo.

13. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Why does the denver post even bother to report this? I don't care who he is, a banged up thumb in football practice is not newsworthy. Talk about setting the new guy up on a pedestal.

As sacky says, I don't care who starts. I want to see all of the Buffs do well and I want 250+ yards per game on the ground :smile:

14. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

15. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

16. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

**** you!!!:smile2: Good one though. I think I know what the start of a heart attack feels like now.:lol:

17. neil29fp

There is no way a group of RBs with our youth would ever be considered 'one of the best RB teams in the country' especially since we are moving away from a aggressive run style offense. Everyone and their mom in the BIG 12 is going to run some variant of the spread. The smashmouth, run it down your gut style of football is dead.

18. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King Club Member

**** you!!!!!!!!!!!

19. manley1104

manley1104 New Member

If your saying its dead in the Big 12 I can kind of see where you're coming from, but there are definitely some schools who still go 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

20. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Alright Drew, you can come mop the piss off my floor.

21. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I agree, the spread offense is popular these days, however I think at some point within the next couple of years defensive coaches will spend enough time figuring out how to stop it more consistantley. The bottom line with any offense, west coast, spread, slot, I, or whatever, is consistant execution regardless of what play is called.

22. neil29fp

If you really think about it the spread offense is the natural evolution of offense. All other major sports find success by getting the ball, or puck, into open space; working with what you are given. The only constraint with football is time. It's difficult to run a multitude of plays and consistently find the man in space when there is constant pressure--that's a big reason why Oklahoma handled Mizzou last season--they were able to create pressure with four lineman while covering space--Chase Daniel simply did not have the time to execute the proper play.

23. drew6236

drew6236 Club Member Club Member

I chuckled to myself earlier today before posting this just thinking of all the sweet replies this thread would get.

It's all in good fun...Suckers!!! :thumbsup:

24. Unleash Hell

I disagree because I didn't say rushing, I said RB's. I think Colorado will have one of the most talented stables of backs in the country and we will be one of the best RB units in the country. I don't mean an actual rushinging team with yards. That is what I meant.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008