What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scott quote...

Man, there are so many things wrong with this coaching I dont see any fixes. They refuse to see the problems.

I didnt say more versatile, i just said, he averages more YPC, and has proven against BCS competition he can cary 20+ times a game, i should also add so far in his career he's looked to be the better college player.
Exactly, Speedy is pretty much a known commodity at this point. It really is crucial that Scott gets the call tomorrow, because it'll have broad repercussions on our program... recruiting, perceptions of how the staff can coach and utilize talent, etc. I just have horrible visions of Scott turning out to be a bust here, not because he lacks the ability or drive to succeed, but because he doesn't really get a chance to prove himself. He is the rare type of player that has the power to take over a game, but that will never happen if he's only getting 2-3 touches from scrimmage.

You wuold think that Hawk knows that if he gives Scott the rock and he has a big game while we beat Toledo solidly, it will take a LOT of pressure off him and placate the fan base. We need to know if we are actually going to have this vaunted power running game before we go into B12 play, otherwise it's going to be a really long season.

Last edited:
Give this kid the ****ing rock already. The coaches didn't give him a chance all year last year. They didn't give him a chance on Sunday.

Stop playing stupid games and give the kid 20+ carries in a game and see what happens.

:yeahthat:

Seriously, is what we've been doing on offense so incredibly successful that we can't go into a game planning to give a guy who apparently has so much talent a chance to actually carry the offense?? Just to see what happens?? :sad1:

That's the prob, he's such a stubborn control freak, that he will cut off his nose to spite his face.

He loves the movie Rudy, and prefers to play hard workers, regardless of ability, than the best players with the best chances to contribute towards a victory. Actually winning seems more of byproduct than the main goal.

Man, there are so many things wrong with this coaching I dont see any fixes. They refuse to see the problems.
and they continually refuse to acknowledge them or even make the simple changes required to fix them... It's ****ing frustrating.

You guys who think Scott is unquestionably a better runner than Speedy can't possibly have been watching the same games I have.

I'm all for giving Scott more carries, but to ordain him as the superior back to Speedy seems crazy to me. Add to the fact that our line play is weak, and it seems to me the misdirection runner is the best suited to get the most carries.

I'd like to see a gameplan in Toledo giving Scott a fair opportunity, with him alternating series with Stewart, with Lockridge in on long yardage since he is supposedly the best pass blocker.

I want to puke I'm so pissed off. One ****ing carry. There is no game plan. The offense is a joke. No creativity, no consistency. I can't say anymore without breaking something. F*CK.

Give Scott at least two series in a row throughout the game and see what happens. If he can't have a big game against Toledo (and the OLine, too for that matter) then we're in serious trouble. Take him out when he's tired and not before. This isn't rocket science, Dano. Play the kid!

You guys who think Scott is unquestionably a better runner than Speedy can't possibly have been watching the same games I have.

I'm all for giving Scott more carries, but to ordain him as the superior back to Speedy seems crazy to me. Add to the fact that our line play is weak, and it seems to me the misdirection runner is the best suited to get the most carries.

I'd like to see a gameplan in Toledo giving Scott a fair opportunity, with him alternating series with Stewart, with Lockridge in on long yardage since he is supposedly the best pass blocker.

I don’t' know that Scott is unquestionably a better runner - you know why? Because I only saw him carry the ball ONCE in the opening game (although he looked pretty nasty returning kicks and his ONE screen pass). Look, if Scott is not our best runner, then ok fine - but we should not be taking a 5* blue chip recruit out of games until he proves that he's not our best option. The effects on our recruiting are devastating...if you were a blue chip RB or WR or QB would you consider CU over other major programs based on what you've seen with Scott??

By I think you're mistaken about our best pass blocker - I believe that Sumler is our best pass blocker, which is why he was in most of the 2nd half...

I like most of the posts I've red on this page, so if Hawkins isn't going to let him run the rock on a regular basis an occasional screen pass might make him feel a little better. Also, if DS were to transfer, does Ray Polk move back to the RB position?

Scott and Speedy ... 1-2 punch.

20 carries Scott, 10 carries Speedy. Use the running game ... you gotta use it and use it and use it to get in a rhythm. The O-line is far better suited to run blocking than pass blocking, and Cody can't pass that well anyway.

Oh, and get your sh** together with the play clock, numnutz.

I don’t' know that Scott is unquestionably a better runner - you know why? Because I only saw him carry the ball ONCE in the opening game (although he looked pretty nasty returning kicks and his ONE screen pass). Look, if Scott is not our best runner, then ok fine - but we should not be taking a 5* blue chip recruit out of games until he proves that he's not our best option. The effects on our recruiting are devastating...if you were a blue chip RB or WR or QB would you consider CU over other major programs based on what you've seen with Scott??

By I think you're mistaken about our best pass blocker - I believe that Sumler is our best pass blocker, which is why he was in most of the 2nd half...

Did you see any games last year? The better runner was not the 5*.

I wouldn't think a blue chip recruit would be intimidated by a program because they started a lower ranked recruit over a more hyped recruit. Based on that logic, perhaps Marcus Houston should have gotten all the carries over Chris Brown.

I acknowledged in my earlier post they should give Scott more carries, all I'm saying is that through last season the better guy was Stewart. Scott should get his chance, but it should come at the expense of someone other than the most productive runner from last season (and for that matter last Saturday)

I wouldn't think a blue chip recruit would be intimidated by a program because they started a lower ranked recruit over a more hyped recruit. Based on that logic, perhaps Marcus Houston should have gotten all the carries over Chris Brown.

I acknowledged in my earlier post they should give Scott more carries, all I'm saying is that through last season the better guy was Stewart. Scott should get his chance, but it should come at the expense of someone other than the most productive runner from last season (and for that matter last Saturday)

boom goes the dynamite.

DS was far better than Sumler last year. Speedy was the clear #1 last year. Scott was #2. Sumler was #3, yet started almost every game. Because he's the best blocker. :puke:

DS was far better than Sumler last year. Speedy was the clear #1 last year. Scott was #2. Sumler was #3, yet started almost every game. Because he's the best blocker. :puke:

Hack only cares about who kisses his ass best. Talent and ability has nothing to do with starting. He likes Rudy-esque type players who "bring in their lunch pails and put on their hard hats everyday" and earn playing time regardless of natural ability. I'm not saying Hack plays favorites but something is amiss.:confused:

Yup, the problem was that they kept handing the ball off to Sumler...

Yes I agree, give Scott the ball and just let him run with it. We'll have a better chance of winning than having Hawk Jr air it out 2 yards a throw.

Here's another Idea, Line up scott at QB, put Lock and Speedy in the back field with him and let's just run the triple option we can't throw the damn ball anyways.

We all know these coaches aren't going to do anything but throw the ball 40+ times a game with our league-worst quarterback. They did it all last year, they did it against CSU, they will continue to do it.

These guys don't believe in running the ball, they don't believe in playing the most talented players, they believe in serving their own BS view on football, life, and the weather.

CU will not be good until these fools are out of here.

In CFB you need to have a respectable offense to be good and ours is horrible and all indications suggest it will continue to be horrible.

we all know these coaches aren't going to do anything but throw the ball 40+ times a game with our league-worst quarterback. They did it all last year, they did it against csu, they will continue to do it.

These guys don't believe in running the ball, they don't believe in playing the most talented players, they believe in serving their own bs view on football, life, and the weather.

Cu will not be good until these fools are out of here.

In cfb you need to have a respectable offense to be good and ours is horrible and all indications suggest it will continue to be horrible.

bammm!!

Here's another Idea, Line up scott at QB, put Lock and Speedy in the back field with him and let's just run the triple option we can't throw the damn ball anyways.

Agreed. I know the option has largely been abandoned in college football but sh*t... nothing else we're doing seems to work. Pull coach Mac's playbook out of the museum have Hansen run the triple option out of the I-bone with Scott and Stewart and try to control the clock so the defense can catch their freaking breath.

Scott better hope toledo doesn't race out to a quick lead because our staff will panic and try to throw it 50 times to win.

Btw, hagan is just as much at fault here as hawk.

Scott better hope toledo doesn't race out to a quick lead because our staff will panic and try to throw it 50 times to win.

Btw, hagan is just as much at fault here as hawk.

I don't even want to think about cody throwing the ball 50 times. It would be a bloodbath.

Back