1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by jjbuffs13, Oct 4, 2008.

1. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

Why the **** is Scott not ****ing playing? Give him the ****ing ball or for that matter let a ****ing back play an entire series or at least some consecutive plays to get some momentum. Hagan needs to quit ****ing putting Scott in for 1 play and then not letting him in back in till the next quarter. I just dont ****ing undertand why the **** we let the best running back recruit ride the ****ing pine?

2. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

think he is still hurt

3. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree. Asterisks and all.

4. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

Gotta be hurt.

5. sparkybuffs

sparkybuffs New Member

He must have re injured his leg. Thats the only thing I could think of.

6. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I don't think he is hurt.

He sure didn't look hurt streaking down the field on the pass from McKnight.

CU got behind by 20+ points and that effectively took him out of the game. They aren't going to keep Scott in on passing plays because he doesn't block as well as Sumler.

7. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

He had one more carry after that then that was it. He must be hurt. Any news on Walters?

8. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Never saw anything on Walters.

They were working on his knee according to the television sideline guy.

9. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

I have a gut feeling Scott isn't going to stick with the program. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but he's a young guy with a ton of talent and a ton of options even now. He's got be second guessing himself right now about coming to Colorado. Dammit. I was so excited about this season. I know that I'm frustrated and over-reacting but it's kind of hard to see silver linings right now.

10. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

ESPN reported in their recap that Scott sprained his ankle in the third quarter:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282780038

11. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

12. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Its disappointing Scott came into camp overweight.. Probably why he's having problems with injuries.. Hopefully next year that won't be a problem..

13. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

14. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I'm not ready to look to next year. I agree that hopefully injury's won't be a problem next year, but what about this year.

15. CUav8er

CUav8er Club Member Club Member

I don't either.

16. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Yeah, and in 2001 we lost to UT 41-7. Remember that one, smart guy?

1 person likes this.
  17. wsp4820

Exactly, look what happened later that year in Dallas. Look, I'm just saying that judging the entire season on how we do against the number 5 team in week 5 might be jumping the gun a bit. The first time we played UT Chris Brown was running third string and couldn't hold on to the ball. We couldn't keep our starting QB healthy. We had lost to Fresno State. I'm just sayin.

Injuries are hurting us. Youth is hurting us. We're about where most of us expected. So, IMO, people should chill out and see what develops.

Darth Snow likes this.
  18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

:yeahthat:

19. wsp4820

Yeah, you coach what you have. I guess I'm just not sure what else you guys were expecting from this team, especially considering the state of the OL.

If you honestly think putting Ballenger back there would suddenly change anything, then we'll just have to agree to completely disagree.

20. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Exactly.

21. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

As frustrated as I am regarding Darrel, imagine how frustrated he must be. I'll wait until the paper tomorrow to find out about his "ankle." The fact is, he touched the ball five times in the first quarter and then never came back. My assumption is that the report that he injured himself in the third quarter is wrong. I think he must have been dinged in the first quarter.

22. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

Agreed, I sit behind the bench and have watched him on the sideline when he is "hurt". He looks frustrated but not like they won't put him in game. I maintain that he is a lot more hurt than we are told. Couple that with a his blocking deficiency and playing from behind, I can see why he didn't play. As for what was written this week, he might have been ready or it might have been a smokescreen. Regardless, he is acknowledged as the best talent. We have to be patient.

Or he could just transfer.

1 person likes this.
  23. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

What I remember:

There was a pretty obvious and brutal facemask on dscott that wasn't called. Then he got the ball again and the UT guys were really ripping at the ball and there was a bit of a late hit (nothing too bad). After that play, dscott asked to come out of the game and we never saw him again...

His run for three yards was impressive. Seriously. He dragged two guys for 4 yards for a gain of three. We need to get that guy in the game.

I'm thinking it's confidence issues. Oh, and pass blocking issues. If Scott's in the game, the defense knows its gunna be a run cause Scott can't pass block.

24. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I saw the trainers working on Scott in the 1st quarter and he never went in after

25. OhioFBall1

OhioFBall1 Guest

Scott does not run hard for whatever reason! You guys are being blind to the facts. Maybe it is the ankle, maybe he is over weight, but to me he runs tentative.

26. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Scott is not an instant burst kind of runner. He is a bruiser, who if he gets loose in the backfield, can run away from most defenders. Problem is, there is no holes for him to hit, and he is dragging defenders before he even gets to the line of scrimmage.

RB problems, QB problems, hmmm. Both go back directly to a very young, injured, porous OL. I understand that while the coaches thought they had big depth so they tried to get Kai to be a fullback, thinking that it would be like having six OL on the field every play, looking back in retrospect, with injuries, academic casualties and such, we could sure use him here right now.

I am a helper; just trying to save Syko some wear and tear on his fingers here. ALthough I bet he just cuts and pastes this now.:smile2:

buffsyko likes this.