What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scotty McKnight cut by the Jets

I would expect he has a better than average chance of ending up on the practice squad. He didn't stand out but didn't have a bad training camp, Sanchez still has the pull of a first round starting QB, and the Jets have some older WRs on the roster so somebody getting hurt at the position is a posibility down the road.

Wife just asked if that means Hayden breaks up with him. We have different priorities but it's a decent question

I would expect he has a better than average chance of ending up on the practice squad. He didn't stand out but didn't have a bad training camp, Sanchez still has the pull of a first round starting QB, and the Jets have some older WRs on the roster so somebody getting hurt at the position is a posibility down the road.

This. Most teams don't out right cut draft picks without giving them at least 1 season on the practice squad.

This. Most teams don't out right cut draft picks without giving them at least 1 season on the practice squad.

Yeah. If I remember the NFL rules correctly, a team needs to cut someone loose and give an opportunity to the guy as a free agent before it can assign him to the practice squad. Practice squad counts differently and the guy would have to sign a practice squad contract.

Yeah. If I remember the NFL rules correctly, a team needs to cut someone loose and give an opportunity to the guy as a free agent before it can assign him to the practice squad. Practice squad counts differently and the guy would have to sign a practice squad contract.

They are placed on waivers I believe.

He had a preseason TD catch against the Eagles.

[video=youtube;fUiCUmirVyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUiCUmirVyQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

There are a bunch of rules for the practice squad. The player can only be a rookie or first year player, limited amount of active time or practice squad time. He has to go on waivers first and if not claimed can be resigned. He also gets practice squad pay, I think it is something like $1500 a week. He also can be signed off the practice squad by any team in the league.

The only thing I like about this is that for now I dont have to root for the ****ing jets at all...

rookie move on my part. thought it meant "nevermind"

This is what you put when you mean "nevermind"

Nirvana-Nevermind.jpg

I hope baby penis isn't a violation TOS

Back