What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scrimmage today

No. He talked about both. He said they had both looked good. Maybe you watched the edited version or something.

Could be. But he definitely talked about TH first when the question was about "the quarterback situation." Obviously I could be reading way too much into that but I tend to agree with CUFan. Seems like the players know who they want on the field.

Could be. But he definitely talked about TH first when the question was about "the quarterback situation." Obviously I could be reading way too much into that but I tend to agree with CUFan. Seems like the players know who they want on the field.

We're all reading way too much into everything. That's what we do best!

We're all reading way too much into everything. That's what we do best!

Yeah, we are turning "Green Eggs and Ham" into "War and Peace."

After hearing Hawk's interview, I get whats going on. They are not saying a damned thing about anything going into the season. Doing so burned them last year and they aren't letting it happen again. I fully believe that they believe that they are going to keep their mouths shut and then come into the season and kick ass. I think that is the attitude they staff is trying to instill in the players: "Just shut up, work your asses off, and then lets kick some butt."

Don't get me wrong, gents. I think we've been awful as a team the last two years, and Cody hasn't played great during that stretch. But I don't see Cody as the main reason (poor OL, no running game, no WR, mediocre special teams is my culprits). Likewise, Hansen was equaly horrible at KSU last year and I was glad that they at least tried Cody during that game. Likewise, Iowa State was bad for Hansen. I think Hansen deserves to start, but the argument that he's been stellar and dramatically different than Cody does not match with the facts. And Hawkins brought Hansen in two years in a row to try to get something started, which was the right call (and non-nepotistic). That move didn't give him more wins though.

Don't get me wrong, gents. I think we've been awful as a team the last two years, and Cody hasn't played great during that stretch. But I don't see Cody as the main reason (poor OL, no running game, no WR, mediocre special teams is my culprits). Likewise, Hansen was equaly horrible at KSU last year and I was glad that they at least tried Cody during that game. Likewise, Iowa State was bad for Hansen. I think Hansen deserves to start, but the argument that he's been stellar and dramatically different than Cody does not match with the facts. And Hawkins brought Hansen in two years in a row to try to get something started, which was the right call (and non-nepotistic). That move didn't give him more wins though.

I tend to agree with you. I think Hansen is the more athletically gifted and definitely should be the starter. But I still think Cody is an excellent backup and will play an important role at some point during the season. I just think that TH, the way he plays, does risk getting dinged up. If he does, it will pay dividends that Cody has gotten reps with the No. 1 Offense. I don't know why so many people get bent out of shape about him getting reps. It will pay off, I'll bet.

I tend to agree with you. I think Hansen is the more athletically gifted and definitely should be the starter. But I still think Cody is an excellent backup and will play an important role at some point during the season. I just think that TH, the way he plays, does risk getting dinged up. If he does, it will pay dividends that Cody has gotten reps with the No. 1 Offense. I don't know why so many people get bent out of shape about him getting reps. It will pay off, I'll bet.

I hope you're wrong. I hope TH doesn't get dinged up. The offense they want to employ really needs a qb who is a legitimate threat to run the ball. I think Tyler will get the starting nod and I hope he stays healthy for the whole season.

I hope you're wrong. I hope TH doesn't get dinged up. The offense they want to employ really needs a qb who is a legitimate threat to run the ball. I think Tyler will get the starting nod and I hope he stays healthy for the whole season.
Well hell yeah! I hope I'm wrong too! I just think its smart to plan for stuff.

I wouldn't mind the guys splitting the reps 60 40 on some days if they would just name hansen the starter and get it over with. My hope is that they have told the team Hansen is the starter, but also told the team not to say anything. However, I doubt that. It is pretty ****ing stupid, even for hawk.

Tyler vs ISU:

[FONT=courier new,courier]Passing Cmp-Att-Int Yds TD Long Sack
--------------------------------------------
Hansen, Tyler 18-38-1 258 1 36 2
[/FONT]
+ he had 50 positive yards rushing.

I'll grant you that he was pretty bad vs KSU, but was Cody any better when inserted into that game? I remember on that drive he threw like 5 should be interceptions before finally throwing one.

The point is, Tyler looked like by far the better QB to pretty much everyone that was watching last year. It's not that Cody is god awful horrible or something, but he's just a poor mans Chad Pennington. If we had a monster running game and a defense so good that the offense just needed to play to not lose, he'd be the man. Unfortunately we don't have that and our offense needs to score a lot of points to win games.

Also, I don't think anyone is laying the blame of the last 3 years on Cody. Tim Tebow couldn't have mustered a decent record the last three years with that supporting cast.

This coaching staff(re: Hawkins), has bull****ted us one too many times, and now we're on hypersensitive mode. Hawkins and co. created this, not us.

This coaching staff(re: Hawkins), has bull****ted us one too many times, and now we're on hypersensitive mode. Hawkins and co. created this, not us.

Is that kind of like the Millennium Falcon going into hyper drive? Or whatever that is. You know, where it goes faster than ****ing light? Until it hits an asteroid or something. How do you evade **** when you are going faster than the speed of light? What does your reaction time have to be? Like, .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000132 seconds?

Tyler vs ISU:

[FONT=courier new,courier]Passing Cmp-Att-Int Yds TD Long Sack
--------------------------------------------
Hansen, Tyler 18-38-1 258 1 36 2
[/FONT]
+ he had 50 positive yards rushing.

I'll grant you that he was pretty bad vs KSU, but was Cody any better when inserted into that game? I remember on that drive he threw like 5 should be interceptions before finally throwing one.

The point is, Tyler looked like by far the better QB to pretty much everyone that was watching last year. It's not that Cody is god awful horrible or something, but he's just a poor mans Chad Pennington. If we had a monster running game and a defense so good that the offense just needed to play to not lose, he'd be the man. Unfortunately we don't have that and our offense needs to score a lot of points to win games.

Also, I don't think anyone is laying the blame of the last 3 years on Cody. Tim Tebow couldn't have mustered a decent record the last three years with that supporting cast.

Wow. Hansen did better vs. ISU than I recalled. And I actually agree with everything you post here. The only thing that annoys me in this thread is the nepotism thing. I just don't buy it.

Is that kind of like the Millennium Falcon going into hyper drive? Or whatever that is. You know, where it goes faster than ****ing light? Until it hits an asteroid or something. How do you evade **** when you are going faster than the speed of light? What does your reaction time have to be? Like, .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000132 seconds?
:popcorn:

Wow. Hansen did better vs. ISU than I recalled. And I actually agree with everything you post here. The only thing that annoys me in this thread is the nepotism thing. I just don't buy it.

He doesn't pull this **** with the other positions, so what else can it be?

He doesn't pull this **** with the other positions, so what else can it be?
Yes they do. There are a bunch of positions up for grabs. Anyway, I read where they are going to name their two deep shortly. I wonder if that'll include QB.

Yes they do. There are a bunch of positions up for grabs. Anyway, I read where they are going to name their two deep shortly. I wonder if that'll include QB.

Nobody else on the team is on as short a leash as Hansen. And nobody else has as long a leash as Cody. Call it whatever you want, that's how I see it.

It's called Ludicrous Speed. It can only be achieved by assholes.

Nobody else on the team is on as short a leash as Hansen. And nobody else has as long a leash as Cody. Call it whatever you want, that's how I see it.

Not true. Think about it. Who has had one of the worst performances in CU history in his position and is expected to be a starter for three years running?

Back