What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scrimmage

TE is one of those positions that separates good teams from great ones in college FB. It should be no surprise that CU's last two trips to BCS type bowls had Christian Fauria and Daniel Graham at TE. It's an incredible weapon. College defenses don't defend the TE very well. If you have a good one, you can do a TON of damage.

We floundered with a team that had two NFL TEs. :(

Joel was a better than average college QB. He had no line.

He was an average QB IMO. Yeah, the line was not very good, but he had possibly the worst pocket presence I have ever seen in a QB. It did not seem like he could sense where a rush was coming from at all. I know I'm probably in the minority (along with beltway it seems), but I really didn't get the love for Klatt.

He was an average QB IMO. Yeah, the line was not very good, but he had possibly the worst pocket presence I have ever seen in a QB. It did not seem like he could sense where a rush was coming from at all. I know I'm probably in the minority (along with beltway it seems), but I really didn't get the love for Klatt.
In his defense the pocket was around the wr every third play.

To use an overused cliche, Klatt was what he was. He was a former baseball player who couldn't make it in the big leagues and decided to walk on as a QB at CU. It wasn't his fault GB hadn't stocked the cupboard with better QB talent. Klatt did the best he could with the resources he was given. I sincerely hope CU is never in a position again where our best option at QB is a former minor league baseball player who isn't even on scholarship. :wow:

To use an overused cliche, Klatt was what he was. He was a former baseball player who couldn't make it in the big leagues and decided to walk on as a QB at CU. It wasn't his fault GB hadn't stocked the cupboard with better QB talent. Klatt did the best he could with the resources he was given. I sincerely hope CU is never in a position again where our best option at QB is a former minor league baseball player who isn't even on scholarship. :wow:

:yeahthat:

I cant really bag on Klatt either. He did well with the little help he had.

That's probably the best way to describe the situation. It's actually pretty depressing to look back at the QBs the Buffs have had over the last decade. Is it any wonder we have struggled mightily in that stretch?

Back