What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SDSU Student Chant - "I Believe"

I love this idea anybody wanna help me with printing out little pieces of paper with the chant on it and handing em out at the game?

Problem with the band one is that we either have to pay for the rights to use the music (expensive) or get a student to create an arrangement and that probably wouldnt be ready in time for this season.

Dang it SOPAPILLA strikes again!

If you want it to be like "I Believe" that doesn't work... "You are Now at Altitude" matches "I Believe that We Will Win" because they say the first 4 words... and then for the final part of the chant include "Will Win" 2 syllables just like Altitude.
Ummmm.

Will... Win...

Al... Ti... Tude...

If you want it to be like "I Believe" that doesn't work... "You are Now at Altitude" matches "I Believe that We Will Win" because they say the first 4 words... and then for the final part of the chant include "Will Win" 2 syllables just like Altitude.

Would go...

You...
You Are...
You are Now...
You are Now At...

You are Now at Altitude...You Are Now at Altitude...You are Now at Altitude... etc...

would be extremely intimidating considering the altitude is already a factor for road teams... getting it screamed into their brains prior to tipoff? You know teams will be rattled.

As for the issue with people leading the cheers... would be ideal for the marketing team to get signs that the cheerleaders would hold up in front of the student section... very easy to do and also gets the cheerleaders involved.

There are moving parts no doubt, and I've talked with the marketing department a little bit already, I may be sitting in on a meeting next week... we'll see, but I do think we can get this done.

Honestly I think it will work, you just have to find a way to get the students to do it. Would be awesome if we could have it ready by the time Oregon comes to town.

On spiff's idea, just thought they could pipe in Barely Breathing through the PA since the band cant do it at present.

if you want it to be like "i believe" that doesn't work... "you are now at altitude" matches "i believe that we will win" because they say the first 4 words... And then for the final part of the chant include "will win" 2 syllables just like altitude.

Would go...

You...
You are...
You are now...
You are now at...

You are now at altitude...you are now at altitude...you are now at altitude... Etc...

Would be extremely intimidating considering the altitude is already a factor for road teams... Getting it screamed into their brains prior to tipoff? You know teams will be rattled.

As for the issue with people leading the cheers... Would be ideal for the marketing team to get signs that the cheerleaders would hold up in front of the student section... Very easy to do and also gets the cheerleaders involved.

There are moving parts no doubt, and i've talked with the marketing department a little bit already, i may be sitting in on a meeting next week... We'll see, but i do think we can get this done.

rep!! Love this! Make it so!

Not catchy and hard to say.

I was more of correcting you than making a suggestion haha

The stadium announcer does mention it near the beginning of the game, and the band yells it when he says it. (Listen for it at the next men's game)

For UtterBuffLuv, I am pretty sure TZ will have it printed on the next set of buffalo chips (assuming marketing gives him the go ahead)

I was more of correcting you than making a suggestion haha

The stadium announcer does mention it near the beginning of the game, and the band yells it when he says it. (Listen for it at the next men's game)

For UtterBuffLuv, I am pretty sure TZ will have it printed on the next set of buffalo chips (assuming marketing gives him the go ahead)

I know. They've been doing that since I was going to games with Patton at the helm. It never caught on for a reason.

We should just shout the affects of altitude on your health, like pregnancy.

TZ

You
You are
You are at
You are at HIGH
You are at High Altitude You are at high altitude

Or

You
You are
You are now
You are now a
You are now a mile
You are now a mile high, You are now a mile high.

Theres tons of variations that are cool

five! five!
thousand! thousand!
three forty five! three forty five!
feet! feet!
of! of!
rocky mountain altitude! rocky mountain altitude! rocky mountain altitude!

probably too long/weird

Now if only the CUnit has a different name.

High Altitude Horde (The Horde for short)

The Alpine Addicts

High Elevation Enthusiasts

Maniacs of the Mountains

Any thoughts

I
I believe
I believe that
I believe that this
I believe that this is dumb, I believe that this is dumb, I believe that this is dumb.

Original team, copying team, Original team, copying team, Original team, copying team,

Back