1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search for Bzdelik’s successor starts to roll | By Patrick Ridgell © 20

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by RSSBot, Apr 14, 2010.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

BOULDER – Colorado is in the market for a head men’s basketball coach for the second time in four years, and administrators say the job is far more attractive now than it was in 2007 when Jeff Bzdelik came aboard.

More...

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

A search committee is in place. Associate athletic director Tom McGrath will chair it. Interviews are being scheduled now. Bohn declined to discuss specific names but called Northern Colorado coach Tad Boyle and former Metropolitan State College coach Mike Dunlap “intriguing candidates.”

-and-

“We have to find somebody that can seize that opportunity, that can take that equity that’s been built over the last three years, not only in facilities and our infrastructure but also in our young men, and also the excitement and energy in our fan base in a 40 percent increase in attendance in our conference games,” Bohn said. “That’s all momentum. And we want somebody that can take advantage of that and keep pushing the rock uphill, rather than have it roll back on top of them.”

3. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Let's see how he feels about being the right 'fit' at a basketball school who just fired a coach who won twice as much as he lost, but didn't win enough in the post season. Makes you wonder how hard he was really trying to find a legit post player the past 3 seasons.

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

40% increase since when? i remember going to conference games in 05 and 06 against OSU, OU, Tech, and UT where there were 9-10,000 people there (games in which CU went 3-1, IIRC). it's not much of a stat if the "increase" has a baseline that begins in the Bz era. what does it really demonstrate? that's kind of a selective number to just throw out there.

that said, Bohn finding out about Bz and Wake from a Billups text would tick me off if i were MB. wtf? kinda slimy.

5. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Ya I wondered where he got that to. Attendance was really no better the past 3 seasons that I could tell. Especially last season. One thing we learned about Bzz in 3 years is he's really good at talking himself up.

On the bright side it's good to know Mr. Billups is looking out for the program like this. :thumbsup:

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

true, true.