What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season Opener date changed

Sucks for me, but if it gives the Buffs a better shot at starting the season 2-0 there's very little they can't put me through as a fan. I'll put up with just about anything to see wins.
Same. The Hawaii game looms large.

I didn't read the article so I may be wrong, but I don't think this holds true for trips like Hawaii. People plan that many months ahead and don't go on a two month notice.

I skimmed and the article said international flight sweet spot is around three or more months and two is more expensive. My guess would also be that Hawaii fits that category better.

Was the time changed to give MMac more time to look for a DC?

Oh poor fella, the game is earlier than previously scheduled so he actually now has less time. Chin up, bud, you can recover from this.

We really need to win this game. I am counting on Sefo to emerge. A transformation as an upperclassman!

Set the team on the correct time pattern given no classes. Must win this game.

Crap I'm already nervous.

I like the move to Thursday, but I hate the time. I know they are college kids, and as close to invincible as possible, but how f-ed up are their internal clocks going to be playing a game at 11 PM?

Also, since it is an earlier kick-off do we get to open camp a few days earlier?

I assume they'll be flying to Hawaii at least a couple days prior to game day to get acclimated. Their internal clocks will be fine after a day of adjustment and then they play in prime time, HST.

Same. The Hawaii game looms large.
There is no way to understate how important the game is. I would venture to say it will be THE most critical game in Mac's tenure at that point. Moreso for what a loss would mean than a win.

There is no way to understate how important the game is. I would venture to say it will be THE most critical game in Mac's tenure at that point. Moreso for what a loss would mean than a win.

I agree strictly because it's the first game of the year, on the road, and has the chance to set the tone for the season. However, I would argue that the CSU game is just as big. You can't lose to the non-P5 in state rival in back to back years. Week 1 of the season is a crap shoot, by nature, with the first live action of the year. If they're not primed and ready to beat CSU, with a whole new coaching staff, I would be more concerned than the loss to Hawaii.

I know the record would be the same, but 3-1 in non-con with a loss to Hawaii is better than 3-1 in non-con with a loss to CSU.

We really need to win this game. I am counting on Sefo to emerge. A transformation as an upperclassman!

Set the team on the correct time pattern given no classes. Must win this game.

Crap I'm already nervous.

Sefo won a lot of games last year. Unfortunately the defense gave up 40 pts when he didn't have the ball.

I think there were 5 games where it was, because of the defense, on his shoulders to win the game and he won 1 of them. So, if were in the same situation again defensively hopefully that upperclassman maturity can turn 5 of those into 3 wins this time...

Last edited:
I agree strictly because it's the first game of the year, on the road, and has the chance to set the tone for the season. However, I would argue that the CSU game is just as big. You can't lose to the non-P5 in state rival in back to back years. Week 1 of the season is a crap shoot, by nature, with the first live action of the year. If they're not primed and ready to beat CSU, with a whole new coaching staff, I would be more concerned than the loss to Hawaii.

I know the record would be the same, but 3-1 in non-con with a loss to Hawaii is better than 3-1 in non-con with a loss to CSU.
That is why I said "at that point." The entire OOC schedule is huge. Hell, the season as a whole could make or break Mac's tenure and it all begins at Hawaii.

That is why I said "at that point." The entire OOC schedule is huge. Hell, the season as a whole could make or break Mac's tenure and it all begins at Hawaii.

Agreed. A real shot to start 4-0 and a lot of confidence going into conference play.

You haven't heard? Turns out they weren't virgins. Who knew? That's the last time we put The Junta in charge of finding virgins.

They were before the Junta got a hold of them.

Sucks for me, but if it gives the Buffs a better shot at starting the season 2-0 there's very little they can't put me through as a fan. I'll put up with just about anything to see wins.

Maybe if we deflate some footballs

The Buffs need to win the UH game like a drowning man needs air. It is that important.

one game at a time, guys. Don't forget how last season started.

One game at a time needs to be the players/coaches approach. As a fan, I can sit here and say that there is a legitimate chance at going 4-0 to start the year, and that truly needs to happen if they they're going to make a bowl game.

One game at a time needs to be the players/coaches approach. As a fan, I can sit here and say that there is a legitimate chance at going 4-0 to start the year, and that truly needs to happen if they they're going to make a bowl game.

There is also a chance they'll go 1-3. But I think 3-1 or 2-2 are more likely than 4-0. Until some of the issues on defense are definitively cleared up 4-0 is a BOLD preditction.

There is also a chance they'll go 1-3. But I think 3-1 or 2-2 are more likely than 4-0. Until some of the issues on defense are definitively cleared up 4-0 is a BOLD preditction.

All scenarios are possible. As a fan, however, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to predict wins over NSU and UMASS, at home. I also don't think it's a stretch to predict a win over CSU, who lost their QB and entire coaching staff, among others. I also don't think it's that much of a stretch to predict a CU team that should be better than it was when it beat Hawaii last year (granted, it was in Boulder). Hawaii lost it's DC, who made great halftime adjustments to keep them in the game last year, as well.

I am well aware that conventional wisdom and CU football doesn't typically go hand in hand. However, as things stand on January 23rd, I will be very disappointed with anything less than 3-1 and believe they have a great opportunity at 4-0.

You're looking at it the wrong way. A CU team that loses at Hawaii is much less likely to beat CSU. We lose the first game and 2-2 starts to look like a best case scenario.

If MM can't go on the road and beat a bad Hawaii team in his third year, I'll know all I need to know about whether he can get this turned around. I'll be mad as hell if we lose to CSU again, but if we head into conference play 3-1 with a loss to CSU, I'll still be willing to consider the possibility that MM can get it done.

You're looking at it the wrong way. A CU team that loses at Hawaii is much less likely to beat CSU. We lose the first game and 2-2 starts to look like a best case scenario.

If MM can't go on the road and beat a bad Hawaii team in his third year, I'll know all I need to know about whether he can get this turned around. I'll be mad as hell if we lose to CSU again, but if we head into conference play 3-1 with a loss to CSU, I'll still be willing to consider the possibility that MM can get it done.

First bold: Why?
Second bold: Losing to CSU on a neutral field is acceptable but losing to Hawaii, in Hawaii, is not? :wow:

That pisses me off so DAMN MUCH! We are going and arent supposed to be there til Friday the 4th. now they move it to the 3.

First bold: Why?
Second bold: Losing to CSU on a neutral field is acceptable but losing to Hawaii, in Hawaii, is not? :wow:

Seriously? Significant blow to the team's confidence. It would also mean we simply are very bad (again) and that we have possibly regressed since the 2014 season. If our team lacks confidence and we are very bad, we are not very likely to beat CSU.

Do you honestly think Hawaii is anywhere close to as good a football team next year as CSU?

Seriously? Significant blow to the team's confidence. It would also mean we simply are very bad (again) and that we have possibly regressed since the 2014 season. If our team lacks confidence and we are very bad, we are not very likely to beat CSU.

Do you honestly think Hawaii is anywhere close to as good a football team next year as CSU?

Did you honestly think CSU was a much better team than UCLA or Utah last year? CU should/could have beat both of them and Utah boat raced CSU and UCLA would have done the same. You can't look at the rest of the season in a vacuum based on the 1st game of the year. Losing to Hawaii is unacceptable, I agree, but to say it would have any bearing on our ability to beat CSU is flawed, IMO.

Did you honestly think CSU was a much better team than UCLA or Utah last year? CU should/could have beat both of them and Utah boat raced CSU and UCLA would have done the same. You can't look at the rest of the season in a vacuum based on the 1st game of the year. Losing to Hawaii is unacceptable, I agree, but to say it would have any bearing on our ability to beat CSU is flawed, IMO.
Comparative scoring is deeply flawed. CSU is not a sure win.

Back