What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season. Over.

images

CU is going to rip csu a new asshole-

rams lost three players today to injuries ... the worse one Sisson...their best defender

Much better product than we had the last 5 years, great to be in Boulder for an exciting entertaining game. Buffs are on the way back.

GO BUFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the OP. All the "moral victory", "massive improvement" BS makes me sick to me stomach.

I agree with the OP. All the "moral victory", "massive improvement" BS makes me sick to me stomach.

So we should just pretend that everything went wrong and the entire team sucked, and there was nothing positive happening today?

Would that make us better fans, in your book??

having seen the Mac started out X and more losses therefore we are in for some kind of inevitable winning awesome... too many times rehearsed with Hawkins.

we lost. i hate that. we didn't make the plays, we gave up some mindblowing 3rd down conversions.

Mac is not the paradigm anymore. whatever he did, doesn't prove anything about today. or cyclical BS. time is now. we are 0-2, but i'm not throwing myself off a bridge yet.

having seen the Mac started out X and more losses therefore we are in for some kind of inevitable winning awesome... too many times rehearsed with Hawkins.

we lost. i hate that. we didn't make the plays, we gave up some mindblowing 3rd down conversions.

Mac is not the paradigm anymore. whatever he did, doesn't prove anything about today. or cyclical BS. time is now. we are 0-2, but i'm not throwing myself off a bridge yet.

Well said. The Mac comparison just doesn't hold much weight anymore. I think most people understand that this is going to take time. Barney left the cupboard somewhat bare, Hawk left it really bare. It'll take awhile and hopefully along the way we see continual improvement the same way we saw improvement today from what we saw in week 1.

Next week will be fun. I feel quite confident that we are not only to win that game, but absolutely destroy CSU.

I agree with the OP in that the season is pretty much over in regards to a bowl game. Our hopes for said bowl game were hinged upon a win or two against Cal and/or Hawaii. We didn't get it done and we'll be staying home this holiday season.

So we should just pretend that everything went wrong and the entire team sucked, and there was nothing positive happening today?

Would that make us better fans, in your book??

I don't give a **** what you say or do. All I know is that we lost, just like we have 1000 times before, and we got outcoached and outplayed.

If that's a good thing in your book, then I don't want to be associated with you.

I don't give a **** what you say or do. All I know is that we lost, just like we have 1000 times before, and we got outcoached and outplayed.

If that's a good thing in your book, then I don't want to be associated with you.

Yeah, because talking about anything positive that might have happened today means we enjoy losing.

Dumbass....

Wins people, not losses. THIS IS A GAME CU SHOULD HAVE WON 3 TIMES. This isn't hawk era. This sucks ass.

I agree with this. We should have won this game for the simple fact that we were at home and Cal is an average football team.

I'm not sure if any team got out-coached or out-played. It seemed like both teams didn't know what the hell to do once they got the lead. :lol:

We did not get out coached.

And we haven't lost 1000 games, hell we haven't even played 1000 games.

in 1986, CU started 0-4. to say that Mac was on a hot seat with the fans would be an understatement. the Buffs had been competitive in the 4 losses, but they were still losses. angry fans resigned themselves to another season without a bowl game and possibly a new head coach (assuming the money could be raised for a buyout-- marolt had given Mac an extension and he, too, was on the hot seat with the fans for what was viewed as misguided extension).

in game 5, CU played the fuskers, whom CU had not beaten since the 60s. the haters were in full roar. CU won that game and went on to qualify for a bowl game. it marked the turning point in the Mac era.

things can change.

This.

I saw a substantially better team today than I saw all of last year and most of the year before that one. The play calling, preparation, and execution were much more coherent. Penalties were awful. They contained Stewart in the 2nd half, and just a lack of depth in some places made us exploitable. I see a nice framework for the future. I believe we will win some games this year that we were not supposed to. I did not for one second dilude myself into believing we would win more than 4.

I'm not sure if any team got out-coached or out-played. It seemed like both teams didn't know what the hell to do once they got the lead. :lol:

Embree passing up a no-brainer FG in the first quarter - and then predictably getting stuffed - made me want to punch myself in the balls.

This.

I saw a substantially better team today than I saw all of last year and most of the year before that one. The play calling, preparation, and execution were much more coherent. Penalties were awful. They contained Stewart in the 2nd half, and just a lack of depth in some places made us exploitable. I see a nice framework for the future. I believe we will win some games this year that we were not supposed to. I did dilude myself into believing we would win more than 4.

Great! I was at the 1986 Buttfusker game...one of the best times of my life, and the turning point for Mac. Jon's equivalent game is coming...hopefully this year, but likely in year 2-4. I actually feel very good about today, you ****ing bitches....

This.

I saw a substantially better team today than I saw all of last year and most of the year before that one. The play calling, preparation, and execution were much more coherent. Penalties were awful. They contained Stewart in the 2nd half, and just a lack of depth in some places made us exploitable. I see a nice framework for the future. I believe we will win some games this year that we were not supposed to. I did not for one second dilude myself into believing we would win more than 4.

Agree that we were improved, but basically every team except those coached by Hawk and similar failures are going to make a big leap forward between game one and game two. Some much more than others of course, but still. Hopefully this team continues to improve every week - next week they've got to stop with the penalties, get the kickoff coverage under control, and just tackle better.

Embree passing up a no-brainer FG in the first quarter - and then predictably getting stuffed - made me want to punch myself in the balls.

The coach is a tool when we don't convert, and brilliant if we did get the first down.

I like the fact our coach is going to go for it in that situation. jmho though. :smile2:

in 1986, CU started 0-4. to say that Mac was on a hot seat with the fans would be an understatement. the Buffs had been competitive in the 4 losses, but they were still losses. angry fans resigned themselves to another season without a bowl game and possibly a new head coach (assuming the money could be raised for a buyout-- marolt had given Mac an extension and he, too, was on the hot seat with the fans for what was viewed as misguided extension).

in game 5, CU played the fuskers, whom CU had not beaten since the 60s. the haters were in full roar. CU won that game and went on to qualify for a bowl game. it marked the turning point in the Mac era.

things can change.

We actually turned the corner the year before, in 1985 we went to the Freedom Bowl. 1986 certainly cemented our return to respectability though. Those losses to start 1986 were all really close. We got jobbed in the horseshoe against OSU, for example. Time to kick CSU's behind and then get some payback against OSU.

The coach is a tool when we don't convert, and brilliant if we did get the first down.

I like the fact our coach is going to go for it in that situation. jmho though. :smile2:

I did too at the time, that's why I can't really fault him for it. But still, 3 more points would have been nice at the end of regulation :(

In hindsight, it does look like kind of a disastrous call. At the time, I could have argued it either way. :huh:

I hate people who try to coach in hindsight, so I'll just leave it at "what you said".... :lol:

Back