What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season. Over.

I did too at the time, that's why I can't really fault him for it. But still, 3 more points would have been nice at the end of regulation :(

Was it a bad spot? The MFers on the telecast said it was, but I never saw the replay...

If you want to play that game, what about if we don't block the extra point? We're down 31-27 and instead of playing it safe for the FG we take the momentum and are forced to go for the kill. Could have won it in regulation.

Note -- I completely agree with Embree's decision to kick the FG and go to OT, just saying what if...

In hindsight, it does look like kind of a disastrous call. At the time, I could have argued it either way. :huh:

I hate people who try to coach in hindsight, so I'll just leave it at "what you said".... :lol:

I sat there in the stands and said "this is a horrible call." Call it hindsight or foresight - either way it was a bad coaching decision.

Our offense hasn't proven itself able to do anything effectively for years. Our psyche is/was extremely fragile. It was early in the game. Our freshman kicker is looking good. The risk/reward to go for it simply didn't add up.

There was no reason NOT to kick the FG and I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for Embree because he's not Dan Hawkins. It was a horrible decision.

Was it a bad spot? The MFers on the telecast said it was, but I never saw the replay...

:lol: yeah they like refused to show a replay after the one dumbass said he made it by a couple of yards. I thought he reached out to the 8 and they spotted it a bit short of that. Couldn't tell when a knee went down, though.

:lol: yeah they like refused to show a replay after the one dumbass said he made it by a couple of yards. I thought he reached out to the 8 and they spotted it a bit short of that. Couldn't tell when a knee went down, though.

I will watch again tonight....like that is going to make a ****ing difference...

I sat there in the stands and said "this is a horrible call." Call it hindsight or foresight - either way it was a bad coaching decision.

Our offense hasn't proven itself able to do anything effectively for years. Our psyche is/was extremely fragile. It was early in the game. Our freshman kicker is looking good. The risk/reward to go for it simply didn't add up.

There was no reason NOT to kick the FG and I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for Embree because he's not Dan Hawkins. It was a horrible decision.

all good points. I didn't think I was trying to make excuses. Just an opinion :gobuffs:

Back