What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season prediction thread

Unleash Hell

What is your W/L prediction on the season? If you want to wait till we get a little closer with news out of fall camp, then wait to post later in the month. Don't do any "toss up" in your picks, just wins and losses.

CSU W 38-17
E. Washington W 42-10
West Virginia W 35-31
@ Florida St. W 24-14
Texas L 21-28
@ Kansas L 10-20
Kansas St. W 35-24
@ Missouri L 17-42
@ Texas A&M L 17-21
Iowa St. W 45-20
Oklahoma St. W 27-21
@ Nebraska W 21-14

Thats 8-4 and a decent bowl like the Alamo. Some might tell me I'm drinking the Kool-Aid with that 4-0 start, but I really see that as a great possibility. I think we will be fired up for WV, and I think we can take it. FSU is not what they used to be and we have played them twice in the last 6 years, we are due. With the two wins vs WV and FSU, it will be hard to get up for a 3rd consecutive week and beat Texas. They will get us in Boulder. We always struggle in Lawrence, and I think KU takes us for third year in a row. We come back home and finally have a great performance vs KSU and win rather "easily". The next week we will have trouble again stopping Chase and Mizzou. We will lose a close game to A&M and then finish out with three wins including a hard fought game in Lincoln. We will be ranked after the 4-0 start, but then get bounced out when we lose 4 out of 5. We will have a chance to finish ranked if we win our bowl. That is my season prediction and I'm sticking to it!:thumbsup:

GO BUFFS!!

Last edited:
CSU W
EWU W
WVa L
FSU W
UT L
KU W
KSU W
MU L
TAMU W
ISU W
OSU W
NU W

I'll go you one better:smile2:

Actually, I say 7-5. I woukld say FSU, KU, OSU and TAMU might steal one of those games above. If two of thoe four go the wrong way, it's 7-5 hello second tier bowl.

How many of these have we done now??

CSU Win
E. Washington Win
West Virginia Loss
@ Florida St. Loss
Texas Loss
@ Kansas Loss
Kansas St. Win
@ Missouri Loss
@ Texas A&M Win
Iowa St. Win
Oklahoma St. Win
@ Nebraska Loss

6-6

What is your W/L prediction on the season? If you want to wait till we get a little closer with news out of fall camp, then wait to post later in the month. Don't do any "toss up" in your picks, just wins and losses.

CSU W 38-17
E. Washington W 42-10
West Virginia W 35-31
@ Florida St. W 24-14
Texas L 21-28
@ Kansas L 10-20
Kansas St. W 35-24
@ Missouri L 17-42
@ Texas A&M L 17-21
Iowa St. W 45-20
Oklahoma St. W 27-21
@ Nebraska W 21-14

Thats 8-4 and a decent bowl like the Alamo. Some might tell me I'm drinking the Kool-Aid with that 4-0 start, but I really see that as a great possibility. I think we will be fired up for WV, and I think we can take it. FSU is not what they used to be and we have played them twice in the last 6 years, we are due. With the two wins vs WV and FSU, it will be hard to get up for a 3rd consecutive week and beat Texas. They will get us in Boulder. We always struggle in Lawrence, and I think KU takes us for third year in a row. We come back home and finally have a great performance vs KSU and win rather "easily". The next week we will have trouble again stopping Chase and Mizzou. We will lose a close game to A&M and then finish out with three wins including a hard fought game in Lincoln. We will be ranked after the 4-0 start, but then get bounced out when we lose 4 out of 5. We will have a chance to finish ranked if we win our bowl. That is my season prediction and I'm sticking to it!:thumbsup:

GO BUFFS!!

I agree with your picks. 8-4 would be great, but that Mizzou score?? I think we'll give them all they can handle because I think we'll be able to score on them aswell.

I agree with your picks. 8-4 would be great, but that Mizzou score?? I think we'll give them all they can handle because I think we'll be able to score on them aswell.

I think it's gonna be ugly. Hopefully not as bad as last season, but this team hasn't proven it can consistently win (or even play well) consistently on the road. I see no reason why that changes against the best team in the North.

Mizzou returns 10 starters on a D that was really good last year. Its going to be tough to score on them. That said,

CSU W
EWU W
WVU L (heartbreaking loss I'm thinking)
FSU W
UT L
KU W
KSU W
MU L
AM W
ISU W
OSU W
NU W

I would be ecstatic with that!

CSU W
EW W
WV L
FSU L
TEX W
KU L
KSU W
MU L
A&M L
ISU W
OSU W
NEB W

7-5,I'm hoping for a win vs one of those 3 WV,FSU or texas.

A&M AND KU GAMES are toss ups but you said no toss ups so..

I think 6-6 is a real possibility, even though we'll have a better team than last year. WVA, FSU, UT, MU, KU and A&M could all be very tough. The Fuskers could be in a position to keep us from playing in a bowl game. I freaking hate that. We have a lot of tough road games this year, and we still haven't shown an ability to play tough on the road.

Just the same, CU lost three games it should have won last year (ASU, FSU, ISU), and won two games it probably should have lost (OU, Tech). If we can simply reverse that math and with three games we probably will be underdogs in, we'll be looking at 8-4 or 7-5, which would be good considering the youth of the team.

I think 6-6 is a real possibility, even though we'll have a better team than last year. WVA, FSU, UT, MU, KU and A&M could all be very tough. The Fuskers could be in a position to keep us from playing in a bowl game. I freaking hate that. We have a lot of tough road games this year, and we still haven't shown an ability to play tough on the road.

Just the same, CU lost three games it should have won last year (ASU, FSU, ISU), and won two games it probably should have lost (OU, Tech). If we can simply reverse that math and with three games we probably will be underdogs in, we'll be looking at 8-4 or 7-5, which would be good considering the youth of the team.

We should have beaten KU, that game was just... frustrating to say the least.

Given that 1/4 of the teams on the schedule this year have new coaches, I think the whole year is pretty much a toss up. Too many questions that won't get answered until they snap the ball.

Given that 1/4 of the teams on the schedule this year have new coaches, I think the whole year is pretty much a toss up. Too many questions that won't get answered until they snap the ball.

Agreed, although If the injury bug stays away I say 8-5:thumbsup:

Georgia and Texas Tech are two good teams we have played well on the road.

Georgia and Texas Tech are two good teams we have played well on the road.

Without trying, you prove my point. We've played well in two games out of 12 the last two seasons. We ended up losing one of those games. Until this team can get it together on the road on a consistent basis, I'd have to say that the majority of road games must be considered probable losses. I hope they prove me wrong.

dan hawkins actually is unbeaten as the cu head coach in games played in the state of texas

Without trying, you prove my point. We've played well in two games out of 12 the last two seasons. We ended up losing one of those games. Until this team can get it together on the road on a consistent basis, I'd have to say that the majority of road games must be considered probable losses. I hope they prove me wrong.

uga
tech
baylor

a win against a bcs team on the road. and a fairly convincing one also.

Followed up a couple weeks later with a giant turd in Ames, IA. Again, I'm not impressed. Not that I think they don't have it in them, but until they prove otherwise, I think most of the prognostications are reasonable. I think they CAN do better on the road, but they really haven't so far. We'll see.

Followed up a couple weeks later with a giant turd in Ames, IA. Again, I'm not impressed. Not that I think they don't have it in them, but until they prove otherwise, I think most of the prognostications are reasonable. I think they CAN do better on the road, but they really haven't so far. We'll see.

all true, but simply ignoring the baylor game is wrong also. especially as it did come straight after the upset of oklahoma in boulder.

if we can just ignore the game in manhattan here thatd be much appreciated, thank you

Best post in the thread. It is the same point I made above about the Missouri game. This team has often not only lost on the road under Hawkins, but played poorly in the process. That has to change.

How many times were we behind at any time in second half that we won last year? Three?

For CU to really start turning things around we have to start beating KU, MU, and KSU, I don't see that happening this year 6 - 6 and another lesser bowl.

My prediction. I know it sucks, but 5 wins is all I can find. Maybe there is one more in there somewhere.

CSU W
EW W
WV L
FSU L
TEX L
KU L
KSU W
MU L
A&M L
ISU W
OSU W
NEB L

For CU to really start turning things around we have to start beating KU, MU, and KSU, I don't see that happening this year 6 - 6 and another lesser bowl.

Just curious where you see the six wins coming if we're not beating KSU. Because if we can't win that one, it is going to be very hard to win six IMO.

csu
ew
a&m has only10 returning starters, and new coach Mike Sherman
isu
osu
neb

For some reason I can't explain we haven't played well against them lately, and last year was an embarrassment, CU should beat them, but that's all shoulda

Hawkins would have to lose 6 in a row for this to happen, but let's say he does beat KSU - that's 7 wins and a successful season.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back