What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season predictions

How many games will the Buffs win

• 0-2

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 3-5

Votes: 54 27.0%
  • 6-7

Votes: 106 53.0%
  • 8-9

Votes: 18 9.0%
  • 10+

Votes: 19 9.5%

• Total voters
In the optimism of the spring:

CSU: Chev gets fired up during pre-game. His speach centers around the wedgies that little brothers deserve. The buffs win by 21. It would have been 28 but Josh Topuo took the speach too literally and is flagged for unsportsmanlike behavior after he gives the CSU quarterback a wedgie after a sack.

Idaho: Buffs win by 45. Sefo spends the entire second half calling plays for Lindgren as preperation for his future as a coach.

Michigan: Let's be frank here. In the eternal optimism of the spring this is a tough one. Stewart happens to be in the Michigan area for the game. Michigan is up by 2 touchdowns going into half when Harbaugh makes a comment about no miracles and Leavitt's defense. The buffs watch clips of the miracle during the half time on Stewart's phone while Leavitt figures out the defensive adjustments. It wil hereafter referred to as "The Miracle Redux." Buffs win.

Oregon: after the win against Michigan Helfrich declares Oregon will not overlook the Buffs. But the ghosts of his past coaching at CU climb out of the depths and his players do not believe him. The buffs are up by 21 before The Oregon players realize they are in for a fight. The Buffs hold on to squeak out another win.

Oregon State: The Oregon State team shows up in Boulder. The most talented players on the team realize the depths of their mistakes in accepting the scholarships at osu instead of cu. their depression sends the into a funk and the Buffs role to an easy victory.

USC: National mediA is now focusing on this game as the prove it game for CU. Midway through the game one of the USC players splits a nail. Chaos ensues on the sidelines as the prima Dona players at USC realize that the Buffs are for real and are going to play hard to the bitter end. One of them is seen crying on the sidelines because the buffs are just so mean. The buffs spring two last touchdowns once they have broken USC's will to win the game going away.

ASU: The week before the game CU edges out ASU for best party school in the PAC12. The ASU players spend the entire week trying to prove the poll wrong. At least 5 core players show up to the game with hang overs. The hang over spreads to the whole team and CU continues to roll.

Stanford: I got nothing here. The buffs make it a tight game but Macaffrey is the difference. After the game though his brothers are heard to be talking about committing to the buffs.

UCLA: Most of CU's preparation for UCLA revolves around the players watching Rosen and his weasely little mustache on the PAC12 fall camp show. The buff coaches challenge the players to a bet. If they loose the game they all have to grow stupid facial hair like that. Fearful of the repercussions the Buffs roll to a dominating victory.

Arizona: Arizona brings out every quarterback they have this year but the Buffs have all of their numbers. Lindsey is seen to remark on the sideline that while he likes the new Arizona defense a lot he is not sure about the scheme that says the best way to get the offense the ball is to let the opponent score quickly. So you can get the ball back to your offense.

Washington State: The pirate and his gang show up in Boulder looking to steal some of the Buff gold. Midway through the game one of the WSU players is seen to remark about how the air raid offense just doesn't seem to work at altitude because there is just to enough oxygen in Boulder. The Chev/Lindgren combo has it down to a science and the Buffs hang 56 on WSU before they put the third string in.

Utah: With their stars all gone, Utah comes into Folsom with fire and brimstone looking to make a statement. The statement they make as they loose is:

THE BUFFS ARE BACK BABY!
My pants are tight!

I'm tired of being let down by this team perpetually for my entire life - therefore I'm predicting 2 wins. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

I did five different projections this year, a "worst case", a "bad case", a "medium case", a "good case" and a "best case". My prediction is pretty close to the medium case because I was in a good mood when I made it, but I actually think 4 wins is more likely than 5.

9/2 vs. Colorado State W 28-20

9/10 vs. Idaho State W 52-10

9/17 @ Michigan L 17-45

9/24 @ Oregon L 21-38

10/1 vs. Oregon State W 34-21

10/8 @ USC L 24-49

10/15 vs. Arizona State L 27-34

10/22 @Stanford L 13-52

11/3 vs. UCLA W 31-28

11/12 @ Arizona L 27-31

11/19 vs. Washington State W 42-38

11/26 vs. Utah L 21-27

9/2 vs. Colorado State W 42-17

9/10 vs. Idaho State W 42-10

9/17 @ Michigan L 17-30

9/24 @ Oregon L 21-38

10/1 vs. Oregon State W 42-17

10/8 @ USC L 24-35

10/15 vs. Arizona State W 35-30

10/22 @Stanford L 17-42

11/3 vs. UCLA W 31-28

11/12 @ Arizona W 35-20

11/26 vs. Utah W 35-17

6 wins-the first two, Oregon State, Arizona State (they have no qb), UCLA, Washington State to clinch bowl eligibility.

I did five different projections this year, a "worst case", a "bad case", a "medium case", a "good case" and a "best case". My prediction is pretty close to the medium case because I was in a good mood when I made it, but I actually think 4 wins is more likely than 5.

9/2 vs. Colorado State W 28-20

9/10 vs. Idaho State W 52-10

9/17 @ Michigan L 17-45

9/24 @ Oregon L 21-38

10/1 vs. Oregon State W 34-21

10/8 @ USC L 24-49

10/15 vs. Arizona State L 27-34

10/22 @Stanford L 13-52

11/3 vs. UCLA W 31-28

11/12 @ Arizona L 27-31

11/26 vs. Utah L 21-27
These scores look frighteningly familiar and represent what will happen if this year's team is not improved over the 2014 and 2015 teams. It remains to be seen, but my expectation (with a couple sips of koolaid) is that experience will be worth roughly 7 more points per game in 2016. That would give 2 or 3 more wins than you predict. [disclaimer: this sounds like an effort at logical reasoning but is really just late-nite trivial reflection]

Wazzu returns a lot of production for a team that won 9 games last year and whipped us, so it may be closer, but I'm not convinced we're the better team.

UCLA has probably the best QB in the conference and beat us last year when he was a freshman. We do get them at home following a bye which should work in our favor, but this is not the same UCLA team we played close the last couple years. I think some people are putting too much stock in how we played them in previous years.

I could be wrong on either or both accounts, but this is what I see as of today.

I think UCLA has a lot to prove that they are a different team from when we played them. Since their game with us they have gone 2-3, but I do think they will be improved. I like that the Buffs are coming off a bye and it's a night game.

I think UCLA has a lot to prove that they are a different team from when we played them. Since their game with us they have gone 2-3, but I do think they will be improved. I like that the Buffs are coming off a bye and it's a night game.
They have a lot to prove over the season now that Mora has his QB, but CU has more to prove in that game considering we can't seem to beat them.

Everyone seems to be marking this as a W for us because we've played them close, but I think they will be much better than the teams we played the last couple years - will we be?

They have a lot to prove over the season now that Mora has his QB, but CU has more to prove in that game considering we can't seem to beat them.

Everyone seems to be marking this as a W for us because we've played them close, but I think they will be much better than the teams we played the last couple years - will we be?
I just don't think Mora is a very good coach. They have done nothing but disappoint in recent years, even when they've had a highly regarded QB (Hundley). I'm not saying it's an auto win, but I do believe we have a better shot against them than say USC, Stanford or Oregon.

I just don't think Mora is a very good coach. They have done nothing but disappoint in recent years, even when they've had a highly regarded QB (Hundley). I'm not saying it's an auto win, but I do believe we have a better shot against them than say USC, Stanford or Oregon.
Maybe so and Mora can underperform at times, but he's also winning 9+ games at UCLA and has his best QB yet this season. Our guy is 2-25 in the Pac 12 so I'm not ready to give us any sort of coaching advantage in this game.

Maybe so and Mora can underperform at times, but he's also winning 9+ games at UCLA and has his best QB yet this season. Our guy is 2-25 in the Pac 12 so I'm not ready to give us any sort of coaching advantage in this game.

I like our odds to beat Arizona on the road a lot more than beating UCLA at home. If UCLA doesn't get hammered with injuries this year again, I think they're going to be pretty darn good.

In a vacuum, you're right. I think our guy has out coached him the last two years, though, when you consider that we have definitely had far less talent and still made it a game both at home and in the road.

We win that game against UCLA last year if Thompson doesn't get injured. I think UCLA was overall more talented and experienced last year.

If Rosen can/has develop(ed) into a true difference maker at QB then they will likely over come it.

5-7 seems most likely, but 6-6 is absolutely obtainable. Final 3 will be the decider. Probably going to need at least 2 of those. If we aren't at 3-2 after the first five, it's check out time.

I cringed when reading my post. It seemed so rational at the time. Although I can take comfort that either 90 or 97% of us will end up being wrong about this season.

This is my first post in this thread. I could not make a prediction because I had no clue, haha. I didn't even predict in the poll.

i waffled and just said i hoped we would have a great season that put us back on track. thus, i will take credit for believing we would be 6-2 today with wins over stanford and oregon. yes, absolutely, that is clearly what i meant. and, 5 years from now as we are a perennial top 5 team and contending for the nc every year, i will look back to this year and say that i just felt the momentum building and that i just knew we were going to turn a corner. because future me was just that smart way back now.

Okay, I'll bite. How is going from 6-2 to 8-4 winning out?
Sorry - I was saying that I picked us to win the remaining 4 games. I had picked losses to Oregon and Stanford prior to the season. Obviously, that would be a 10-2 season with how we've exceeded expectations thus far.

Re-read the entire thread. Couldn't remember if I made a prediction, looks like I didn't. Bad on me. I'd have gone the 5-7, 6-6 route.

What I do wish is that DD was still here eating his crow for the Debbie downer BS he was spewing. That and I want to see Ken get to punch him in the face.

Back