What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season ticket renewals are already down 4%

I wish we could write a contract that says Hawk's base salary is 100k and he gets 100k bonus per win. 200k bonus for winning the north, 500k bonus for winning the big 12 and a 1.5 million bonus for winning a national title. We would have been out 400k the past few years and if he actually wins it all, it is worth every penny. Too bad no coach would agree to that.

I dont know about Football that much, but there are MANY Basketball Coaches that have their contracts simular to that. If you look up salaries for coaches you will see many of them at $0. Or their salaries are in the $100-250k range, and they are all big time coaches, but then look at their performance clauses, they make in the $1.5-2 mil range, even with a mediocure season.

There are pluses and minuses witht his philosophy, it puts the pressure on to win, but many say it also puts the pressure on to cheat. Probably a reason why CU will never go to it.

There are pluses and minuses witht his philosophy, it puts the pressure on to win, but many say it also puts the pressure on to cheat. Probably a reason why CU will never go to it.

And I dont know if anyone else was there at the Omni durring the coaches tour when Hawk started it out with "Who likes Cheating?", I really wanted to raise my hand and say "I like Winning!!"

I appreciate having a clean athletic apartment, but this is the exact reason teams cheat

And I dont know if anyone else was there at the Omni durring the coaches tour when Hawk started it out with "Who likes Cheating?", I really wanted to raise my hand and say "I like Winning!!"

I appreciate having a clean athletic apartment, but this is the exact reason teams cheat

Another straw man from Hawk. He can't win, so the assumption is that everybody else is cheating. Brilliant. Here's a news flash - Hawk sucks, that's why he's not winning.

I was at Hawkins first recruiting luncheon when he talked about being the winningest Div 1 football coach in America. I think that was a big reason we hired him. Was he cheat the most in order to obtain that?

I get real tired of his false implications.

So if they are down ~20%, here's a little quick math:

4000 season tickets lost
Avg. price $500/ticket (guess, but including the donation it shouldn't be too far off)

4000 x $500 = $2 million they will lose just this year. And those folks may or may not come back in a year or two, further compounding the problem.

Bravo, CU. You've managed to make Hawkins' buyout look affordable...

So if they are down ~20%, here's a little quick math:

4000 season tickets lost
Avg. price $500/ticket (guess, but including the donation it shouldn't be too far off)

4000 x $500 = $2 million they will lose just this year. And those folks may or may not come back in a year or two, further compounding the problem.

Bravo, CU. You've managed to make Hawkins' buyout look affordable...

This doesn't include the drop in donations to the CU foundation, Buff Club donations, parking fees, concessions, etc. At the end of the day, keeping Hawkins is going to make keeping Ward Churchill look positively cheap.

Back