What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season Tickets....

I am a Buffs fan and a Broncos fan. I have been to nearly all home games since the mid 90s and have had season tickets for nearly the last decade. I can't justify spending both weekend days going to football games especially when I have not seen a single CU home win in Folsom in nearly 3 years. The Broncos are putting a product on the field that shows they want to win. When was the last time CU did anything close to that? Then to force you into buying that game against CSU on top of it all? No thanks! I will take my chances trying to watch the games on DirectTV. Maybe the passion will come back at that point but I can't take being down by 30 at halftime anymore. As good as game days can be, they are anything but that the last few years.

Can't wait till the Buffs are good again though, if we are lucky, this new staff may have them winning around the time the Broncos are rebuilding in 2 more years.
Well the most recent would be the fact that they fired Embree after two miserable years, offered Butch Jones a $2.7M/year salary (would be #2 in the Pac 12 behind Chip Kelly who left), allowed $5.6M/year in salary pools including MM and paid MM $2M/year, and announced a facilities plan. Now is not the time to give up.

I do believe that if you raised your voice this fall, writing the regents and the AD - then it is your responsibility to uphold any threats you made. God knows I told them I was pulling all my support - but that if they canned Embree, then I would make an immediate donation and then reup my season tickets with an increased donation as well.

I upped my donation but will just go with single game tickets for now. I am still unclear where the school wants the football program to be five years from now.

And this is why the Buffs wil never be top dog in Colorado. Fair weather fans like this.

That is just a plain silly statement. People have choices on where to spend there money and if they decide not to spend it on CU football that makes them a fair weather fan in your opinion...get off of it. They seemed to be a number of people on this board who claimed they would not renew their tickets if Embree was retained...what if he had been retained and they did not renew...does that make those people fair-weather fans.... They would only renew if they got their way. To me I don't see the difference.

CU has won 25 games in 7 years and I would say that a prudent person should ponder if they should renew under those circumstances. A guess a lack of any visible commitment from the administration should not have any culpability in the program's demise...it is only on the shoulders of those few remaining fair-weathered fans.

By the way expect the renewal numbers to be low.

i renewed all 6 tickets... agree that game in denver pisses me off... last year they gave me parking passes in a closed gas station off of some side street....redic

Well I'm sure if the Buffs could throw millions at a free agent like Peyton Manning, we'd be pretty good too.

I do believe that if you raised your voice this fall, writing the regents and the AD - then it is your responsibility to uphold any threats you made. God knows I told them I was pulling all my support - but that if they canned Embree, then I would make an immediate donation and then reup my season tickets with an increased donation as well.
Totally concur here

In my mind, the CU admin stepped up and is at least giving an indication that they want to turn this thing around. They were willing to pay a big salary, they appear to be following through on the facility improvements and my gut feeling is that MacIntyre is going to prove to be a very good coach. I don't expect big things this year but I expect marked improvement.

No doubt about it. I raised my voice and have met the committments I promised, immediate donation when Embo was fired, season tix, and increased annual donation.

And that is where I find myself right now. I am still having a hard time getting over them giving Hawk that extra year. That one will require a Bowl game win to make me forget about it.

Don't get me wrong, I am all about backing this team. I did it for years... Right now though, with kids that don't care/aren't old enough to care about a losing team, I find myself getting more out of doing other things (Broncos/Nuggets/Mountains). All I need to see is a few results and I am back with season tickets again. I am sure someone will give me some single game tickets anyway. They seem to be giving them away the last few years anyway toward the end of the season. When you combine that with the fact that I don't really care about any of our OOC games, I may be able to watch us play the PAC mostly for free or at least pretty cheap.

It's hard to blame anyone for not wanting to renew season tickets AFTER watching CU win ZERO home games last season.

I think a nice summer off from thinking about CU football will be a good thing.

#IsItNovemberYet

It's hard to blame anyone for not wanting to renew season tickets AFTER watching CU win ZERO home games last season.

I think a nice summer off from thinking about CU football will be a good thing.

#IsItNovemberYet
If you were apart of the email campaign to the regents regarding Embree then yes it is

If you were apart of the email campaign to the regents regarding Embree then yes it is

So if they fired Embree and replaced him with ME you would be all over those season tickets huh?

I don't know anything about this new guy we have. I have never seen a SanJose game other than when we beat them up pretty good back in 98 I think it was. Ok, I may know a little more about him than most Buff fans but the general public on the front range, if they know anything, they know that he was CU's plan C of coaches that we heard about. My point is, it wasn't a sexy hire for most people. Personally I think he has about as good a shot as any sexy hire they could have made, but like it or not, no one is buying season tickets or donating because of who the new coach is.

My real worry is that the casual fan won't even care. More than half the people on the front range don't even get the PAC12 Networks and will have no way to even watch this team if they wanted to. The vast majority of people watch the games through their TV... Without that option, I am guessing you will see a large chunk of the fan base lose all connection with the program if they lose a lot and are only on the PAC networks.

So if they fired Embree and replaced him with ME you would be all over those season tickets huh?

I don't know anything about this new guy we have. I have never seen a SanJose game other than when we beat them up pretty good back in 98 I think it was. Ok, I may know a little more about him than most Buff fans but the general public on the front range, if they know anything, they know that he was CU's plan C of coaches that we heard about. My point is, it wasn't a sexy hire for most people. Personally I think he has about as good a shot as any sexy hire they could have made, but like it or not, no one is buying season tickets or donating because of who the new coach is.

My real worry is that the casual fan won't even care. More than half the people on the front range don't even get the PAC12 Networks and will have no way to even watch this team if they wanted to. The vast majority of people watch the games through their TV... Without that option, I am guessing you will see a large chunk of the fan base lose all connection with the program if they lose a lot and are only on the PAC networks.
Not sure who you expected them to hire? It's not like were Notre Dame and can just get anyone? The point is if you were demanding change, back-it-up.

Maybe they aren't seeing an increase in sales because of the new coach, but they were trying to contain the decrease in renewals, else they likely don't make the move and give Embree more of a chance.

I made no threats and I made no promises.

Agreed if you were one of the ones (as I was) who were vocally clamoring for Jon to be gone then, and threatening to pull support if he stayed then you should put your money where your mouth is and re-up.

Agreed if you were one of the ones (as I was) who were vocally clamoring for Jon to be gone then, and threatening to pull support if he stayed then you should put your money where your mouth is and re-up.

What if you don't like the hire?

What if you don't like the hire?

Then dont renew next year, when if there is no progress. Or if you said "Hey fire Jon, he sucks, hire some one good and I'll support it" then pass on renewing.

But in my opinion its kind of chicken-**** to push for a certain action, to make promises that you'll do something if it occurs, and then turn around and look for excuses to weasel out of your commitment.

Then dont renew next year, when if there is no progress. Or if you said "Hey fire Jon, he sucks, hire some one good and I'll support it" then pass on renewing.

But in my opinion its kind of chicken-**** to push for a certain action, to make promises that you'll do something if it occurs, and then turn around and look for excuses to weasel out of your commitment.

I agree I was just presenting a hypothetical.

Back