1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seattle Buffs

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by BuffCat, Oct 30, 2013.

1. BuffCat

BuffCat Club Member Club Member

Does the alumni chapter up there do watch parties for basketball games? I'll be in town for the UW football game and want to watch the bball game on the 8th with some fellow Buffs. Looks like football games are on at 95 Slide, but I don't see anything on the Seattle Forever Buffs Facebook page about basketball. Thanks!

2. eggers

eggers New Member

We have had some watch parties for basketball, but usually just PAC-12 or NCAA tourney games. There won't be one for the Baylor game since the alumni association is doing an argosy cruise around elliott bay that night. They are going to stream the basketball game live on the boat, which is kind of cool.

I'm not doing the cruise, and will definitely be trying to watch the game somewhere. The CU schedule doesn't show anything for TV, but Baylors schedule says that it'll be on Fox Sports Southwest... I tend to go to The Spectator in lower queen anne for games on weird channels like that, they have lots of TVs and close to where i live. Would welcome some fellow buff company! If there is even more interest, we could try to reserve the back room and get the sound for our game. (WSU plays at the same time so the sound would likely be on that game otherwise...)

3. BuffCat

Yeah, makes sense there won't be a watch party for the game due to the cruise, which I'm also not doing.

I'd be down to meet people somewhere to watch the game though.

4. HRBuff

HRBuff Club Member Club Member

Here is a list of the other RSNs showing the game. Root NW is showing up there for you guys.

RSN affiliates for CU vs Baylor

FOX College Sports Atlantic
    FOX Sports Cincinnati
    FOX Sports Detroit PLUS (JIP)
    FOX Sports Florida PLUS
    FOX Sports Midwest+
    FOX Sports Ohio
    FOX Sports North PLUS
    FOX Sports Southwest PLUS
    MASN2
    MSG PLUS 2 (JIP)
    ROOT Sports Northwest
    ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain
    SportSouth

J.R. Ewing likes this.
  5. eggers

eggers New Member

Thanks for the info, HR. Root sports makes it a lot easier, can go most anywhere. maybe the lodge sportsbar down by the stadiums? a little easier to get to if people are staying in the downtown area, and they have a good tap list that might get some other folks interested in joining. ;-)

http://www.thelodgesportsgrille.com/BeerList/StadiumBeerList.aspx

6. Gary Indiana

Gary Indiana Club Member Club Member

I apologize for hijacking your thread here, but does anyone know if a sports station in the New England area will be broadcasting the game? Thanks, and Buffcat I hope you get a chance to watch the game with some fellow alumni!

7. BuffCat

The first place you mentioned is definitely easier for me to get to, but that beer list does look good. Is anybody else interested in joining?

8. BuffCat

They moved the cruise to Saturday and are having a watch party for the basketball game Friday night. It's at the Tap House Grill, 1506 6th Ave.

9. HRBuff

HRBuff Club Member Club Member

I posted a list of all the RSNs showing it. I believe MASN2 would be in New England??

It is also on FCS Atlantic which is broadcast nationwide, but you have to have a sports tier.

10. Gary Indiana

Gary Indiana Club Member Club Member

Thanks for the info..There are so many sports stations now, I have no idea what half of them even are.