What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo and Lindgren Cause of CUs Misery

Add the numbers up and see if they're any different than what I presented.

The bolded was a TD, by the way. So, at that point, you're effectively asking the defense to protect a two TD lead for a quarter and 54 seconds. Again, against anybody that is not unreasonable. That's asking the defense to keep the opponent from scoring at a 56 PPG clip.

No, it wasn't. We punted 5 times in a row after the opening drive TD.

At no point did we have a 2 score lead.

He's not good enough to make a ****ty team not ****ty.
Guys - did anyone actually read this? It perfectly sums up our situation. End of story.

I get annoyed when Darth makes judgmental comments without substance.

In this case, it is a clear, concise, and accurate depiction of our situation.

This guy is insane, right?

He's a perfect example of why head injury protocols are needed.

Come to discussion, turn it into an argument about your agenda, throw crap against the wall hoping that it will somehow be seen as supporting your agenda.

Makes perfect sense to him.

No, it wasn't. We punted 5 times in a row after the opening drive TD.

At no point did we have a 2 score lead.

I may have expressed this poorly, but let's imagine that you could re-order the drives in the game. Let's say that instead of the first drive after the TD in the second half would have been the drive that ended with a 30 yd TD to Shay Fields. At that point, if the offense had told the defense: "We've staked you to a two TD lead. We will not score for the rest of the game. We will possess the ball for a little bit more than half the time remaining. All you have to do is protect that two score lead for a quarter and a bit and we win." I would not call that unreasonable.

Holy ****. Hooooooooly ****. You're going on a bat****, mouth-foaming tirade about how awful Sefo is in order to prove that BL is inept in order to justify that he shouldn't be the interim HC if MM is fired halfway through the season? I thought I was a Buff fan, but I have to admit that I have not even considered this hypothetical.If it's that important to you, I concede this argument. I will openly campaign against Brian Lindgren as interim HC in the event MM is fired prior to the season's end.

I may have expressed this poorly, but let's imagine that you could re-order the drives in the game. Let's say that instead of the first drive after the TD in the second half would have been the drive that ended with a 30 yd TD to Shay Fields. At that point, if the offense had told the defense: "We've staked you to a two TD lead. We will not score for the rest of the game. We will possess the ball for a little bit more than half the time remaining. All you have to do is protect that two score lead for a quarter and a bit and we win." I would not call that unreasonable.

Holy ****. Hooooooooly ****. You're going on a bat****, mouth-foaming tirade about how awful Sefo is in order to prove that BL is inept in order to justify that he shouldn't be the interim HC if MM is fired halfway through the season? I thought I was a Buff fan, but I have to admit that I have not even considered this hypothetical.If it's that important to you, I concede this argument. I will openly campaign against Brian Lindgren as interim HC in the event MM is fired prior to the season's end.

Had the next drive been a TD, say a 4 minute (our longest was 3:04) AZ would have gotten the ball back with 5+ minutes left in the 3rd. That's 20 minutes + and 6 drives. You say we'll possess the ball for 1/2 of that. 10 minutes. I'd buy that.

The problem is, we didn't do that. We turtled. We didn't play to score until we were down 2 TDs and 4:40 left in the game. We showed the D we aren't going to score anymore until this game is all but out of reach. B.L. At fault? Sefo? Both? I argue both, but that a more competent QB could have made some of those plays work, whether they were great play calls or not.

My not wanting B.L. to be interim was in direct response to someone else's post about MM being fired if he doesn't win this weekend. Snow's the one that took this into an agenda.

I want wins. I don't see them with Sefo OR B.L.

Try something else.

I love lamp.

Strangely enough, I pictured you to look like this character.

tumblr_mnmm11IeVO1rmyah0o1_250.gif

Lindgren is ****. Nothing else to say. Awful play calling all night. The last three series of game and last two of first half shows he is clueless. Lindgren must go. I can do little to say tonight was Sefo. Couple minor things but this was Lindgren and he has to go in 2016.

Lindgren is ****. Nothing else to say. Awful play calling all night. The last three series of game and last two of first half shows he is clueless. Lindgren must go. I can do little to say tonight was Sefo. Couple minor things but this was Lindgren and he has to go in 2016.

We won. Chill.

Excited to see a win. Lindgren did nothing to prove his worth. We should have been enjoying the end. Not sweating it.

So classy of you to show up last night for the sole purpose of trying to defend your position. Only two posts you"ve made since Thursday and this is the best you can do? Everybody can see there continue to be issues with Lindgrens play calling and Sefo has his weaknesses, but your stubborn refusal to spread the blame around and rabid insistence on hammering on these two guys is getting pretty tedious.

How much did not having Fields hurt the offensive play calling? He's, kind of quietly, become our most dangerous weapon.

How much did not having Fields hurt the offensive play calling? He's, kind of quietly, become our most dangerous weapon.
It hurt but only one pass down the seam to Irwin. Ross, Bobo and Lee can get downfield. Lindgren called a HS level game at best.

I agree. Sefo looked good...his arm must have been worse than we thought. He'll never be the clutch/playmaker guy we need, but he's good enough to win if we had a better D and OL.

Lindgren has really regressed this year...we need a legit P5 OC and QB coach in 2016.

Aside from running Sefo too much, not sure you can bash Lindgren for going conservative last night, unlike Arizona last week.

Aside from running Sefo too much, not sure you can bash Lindgren for going conservative last night, unlike Arizona last week.
QB under center pitch to the half back on 3rd and 1. Not smart football. You not only have a 6'-4" 240lb QB that should be able to sneak for a yard, you also have a huge rb and a huge fb that should be able to get you a yard

really-bitch-please.jpg

www.troll.me

Did you not see the last 3 series of the game or last two of the first half? Aside from the scoring drives, Vanilla!!!

www.troll.me

Did you not see the last 3 series of the game or last two of the first half. Aside from the scoring drives, Vanilla!!!

Honestly, that is all this offense can do right now. He (correctly) thought the first team to turn the ball over in the 4th would likely lose. Sometimes you have to put trust in the defense to win a tight game.

QB under center pitch to the half back on 3rd and 1. Not smart football. You not only have a 6'-4" 240lb QB that should be able to sneak for a yard, you also have a huge rb and a huge fb that should be able to get you a yard
Not defending the design of that last run but I was definitely ok with Lindsay getting the ball because he has been our most effective RB at short yardage due to his ability to fit through small creases and he has shown some good power for a little guy.

I was also ok with 3 runs there because OSU had shown no ability to move the ball on the last couple of drives and pinning them deep with no timeouts gave us a pretty good chance to win.

Back