What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo and Lindgren Cause of CUs Misery

Not defending the design of that last run but I was definitely ok with Lindsay getting the ball because he has been our most effective RB at short yardage due to his ability to fit through small creases and he has shown some good power for a little guy.

I was also ok with 3 runs there because OSU had shown no ability to move the ball on the last couple of drives and pinning them deep with no timeouts gave us a pretty good chance to win.
Yup. Our D had proven they could stop them

Not defending the design of that last run but I was definitely ok with Lindsay getting the ball because he has been our most effective RB at short yardage due to his ability to fit through small creases and he has shown some good power for a little guy.

I was also ok with 3 runs there because OSU had shown no ability to move the ball on the last couple of drives and pinning them deep with no timeouts gave us a pretty good chance to win.

Exactly. Dare the QB making his first start to beat you. I thought the broadcasters talking about a potential pass on that third down were nuts.

Exactly. Dare the QB making his first start to beat you. I thought the broadcasters talking about a potential pass on that third down were nuts.
I would have been ok with a play action pass on 2nd down but fully understood the reason behind 3 runs. I wonder how hands on Mac was with those play calls?

Yup. Our D had proven they could stop them
The same defense that shouldered the blame for letting Arizona take over when the offense tucked its hand in its armpits and shut down for 5 drives last week? Have to put a team away. Luckily we faced a team that is more inept than us on offense.

I would have been ok with a play action pass on 2nd down but fully understood the reason behind 3 runs. I wonder how hands on Mac was with those play calls?

I would guess pretty hands-on most of that 4th quarter. I do not think he wanted that game to come down to Sefo winning it.

The same defense that shouldered the blame for letting Arizona take over when the offense tucked its hand in its armpits and shut down for 5 drives last week? Have to put a team away. Luckily we faced a team that is more inept than us on offense.

Uh yeah, you actually treat different games individually.

Sefo sucks and isn't getting better. Not sure it has to be coaching or he just isn't making progress. Please get coach in here that can recruit a QB

Sefo sucks and isn't getting better. Not sure it has to be coaching or he just isn't making progress. Please get coach in here that can recruit a QB
He sure seemed to try to manage the game yesterday, probably what he was asked to do. Get off his back and be happy with the win.

WTF? I guess I watched a much different game than you did.

Sorry, but your "Sefo sucks" narrative doesn't work for this one.

The defense gave up 6 points after the opening drive. Lindgren was absolutely right to go conservative on offense and put that defense in good positions (no turnovers and no short fields). Unfortunately, with a makeshift OL last night the play call options were limited. You can't run the playbook if you can't block consistently.

Sefo reportedly has the highest completion percentage of any CU quarterback, ever. I understand most are not downfield and all the other deficiencies, but it's a really good thing to complete a lot of passes.

What about critics of Buff coaching taking a look at OSU's offensive scheme? I didn't watch the game, but the radio announcers were very puzzled that OSU so quickly abandoned their early success, it seemed they'd pick up big chunks running the ball then kill the drive with unsuccessful passing. At least that's the way it sounded by radio.

Could we get a steakhouse if we brought him here? I'm willing to sacrifice a qb for that.
Vladimir-Putin-laugh-gif.gif

Back