What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo deserves more recognition from the CU faithful

JesusGordo

Sefo is performing incredibly well, and wins and losses aside, he stands up against some of the best we have had at CU, already, as a sophomore. Sefo has made his share of mistakes, but no quarterback is going to have a perfect game and he has done this with a weaker O-line and running game to work with than any of the CU greats. He has missed some open receivers this season but he has also made some incredible throws especially in the Cal game and he has done it while absorbing a lot of punishment. By the time Sefo’s career is finished, I believe he will be included in the list below, all of which had their own flaws. The one difference is they won. I hope Sefo can add that to his resume.

Darian Hagan - Great leader, fantastic runner, mediocre passer.

Koy Detmer - Great leader, great passer, poor runner and fragile.

Kordell Stewart - Good leader, good passer, mediocre in big games (Nebraska)

Darian Hagan: 20-0-1 in conference games as the starting qb, 3 conference titles, 1 national championship.

Darian Hagan: 20-0-1 in conference games as the starting qb, 3 conference titles, 1 national championship.

True. But there were some other guys on that roster too. Most notably, the best offensive line in the country and a hiesman candidate at tailback.

I don't want to put myself in the position of arguing for Sefo over Darian (my favorite Buff of all time), I am just saying Sefo is under appreciated around here.

True. But there were some other guys on that roster too. Most notably, the best offensive line in the country and a hiesman candidate at tailback.

I don't want to put myself in the position of arguing for Sefo over Darian (my favorite Buff of all time), I am just saying Sefo is under appreciated around here.

For the record, BuffSurveyor is over-appreciated, although everybody ****ing hates him.

I'm impressed with what Sefo has done. Far exceeds what I was expecting from him in his sophomore year. Great post here and I agree he should be recognized more.

Imagine the next few years. Sefo and chemistry with Spruce, a Shay Fields, etc. I'd also love to see Callahan on the OLine and see what Sefo could do with a bigger OLine.

I think we will also be glad to have Phillip Lindsay too. He and Sefo will both be good leaders for us.

[h=2]Sefo deserves more recognition from the CU faithful[/h]You don't think he gets enough? He's doing great, and we faithful recognize his talent.

Sefo looks like he may own every individual qb record in the books at CU.

this is great.

we need wins. he is one piece of the puzzle-- a very important piece, and he may be good enough individually to overcome other gaps we've got. but, right now, that individual goodness is not translating to wins. i believe it isn't his fault. i think we're doing an extremely poor job in the run game. and, on defense, we've got systemic issues. special teams is still downright bad.

as i said in another thread on sefo, if we have a more dangerous TE, a couple of legit p5 backs and a couple more nasty ol, this offense could help us win a whole bunch of games.

Thank you, Mr. President for taking the time to come to our board.

I know you are severely time constrained and that may have inhibited you from reading the 17 or so post game threads that waxed philosophically, metaphorically, and downright masturbatedly on our QB's performance this past weekend. I, too, have a time constraint. I am due for a dump. Otherwise, I would give you links. Please have your lackies look them up for you.

Semper Fidelis,
Highlander

Sefo is a gamer and I'm glad he is a Buff. So long as we're being honest, though, there are probably 6 or more QBs in the conference we'd take in a heartbeat over Sefo. I don't think you could ever say that about Koy, Kordell or Darian.

man-clapping-gif-meme.jpg

Sefo looks like he may own every individual qb record in the books at CU.

this is great.

we need wins. he is one piece of the puzzle-- a very important piece, and he may be good enough individually to overcome other gaps we've got. but, right now, that individual goodness is not translating to wins. i believe it isn't his fault. i think we're doing an extremely poor job in the run game. and, on defense, we've got systemic issues. special teams is still downright bad.

as i said in another thread on sefo, if we have a more dangerous TE, a couple of legit p5 backs and a couple more nasty ol, this offense could help us win a whole bunch of games.

If Neinas had been fired and some competent special teams coaching done, we could be 4-1. Lots of things to fix, ST has once again killed us in games. No reason to have TN here. Not a recruiting superstar, not a ST superstar. So why is he here again?

Sefo is a gamer and I'm glad he is a Buff. So long as we're being honest, though, there are probably 6 or more QBs in the conference we'd take in a heartbeat over Sefo. I don't think you could ever say that about Koy, Kordell or Darian.
I'd take him over Koy.

I'd take him over Koy.

Then you disagree with the first coach Mac who was 100% convinced he would have won another national championship with koy. Detmer was small but he might have been the most cerebral multi year starter we've had and he was very accurate. Take skippy neu out of the mix and I think koy would be in the mix for greatest ever. If sefo ends up being in that convo, it means we've all seen a lot of really great Colorado football in the next couple of years.

I don't think he is underappreciated at all. We all recognize his strengths (leadership, smarts, toughness,) and weaknesses (youth, speed, armstrength, deep ball accuracy.) Of all the hyperbolizing people do on this site, I would actually say our analysis has been among the most reasonable. Every week that passes by we are all watching him grow before our eyes.

Why is he here? Great question. What I'd like to know is, how much longer til he is fired or asked to leave. You are right, we could be 4-1 if not for ST play. We either have to pray a kickoff goes out of the end zone, or expect the other team to start at the 40 or even 50 yard line. With a young team growing up, we can't afford that.

I see all these political ads on TV. In keeping with that, I vote NO on Neinas as ST coach.

If Neinas had been fired and some competent special teams coaching done, we could be 4-1. Lots of things to fix, ST has once again killed us in games. No reason to have TN here. Not a recruiting superstar, not a ST superstar. So why is he here again?

Then you disagree with the first coach Mac who was 100% convinced he would have won another national championship with koy. Detmer was small but he might have been the most cerebral multi year starter we've had and he was very accurate. Take skippy neu out of the mix and I think koy would be in the mix for greatest ever. If sefo ends up being in that convo, it means we've all seen a lot of really great Colorado football in the next couple of years.
Ok.

Also the guy had a multi year nfl career as a backup. Given his lack of raw athleticism that tells you the guy had some special qualities.

Koy was what a smurf like Cody aspired to be. The difference being koy was just big enough.

I so hope sefo displaces all these guys. We are gonna win if he does.

Back